Does anyone actually use virtual desktops in WIndows 10? Why is it so shit?

Does anyone actually use virtual desktops in WIndows 10? Why is it so shit?

Attached: xvd_top.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.oUibD9mmgF.png (650x365, 53K)

No point when I have three monitors.

I use it so I can quickly hide my shit and pretend that I'm working. Better than looking at the desktop :^)

I do, i mean it comes pretty handy when you have a lot of shit on a single FHD monitor.

I use it at work, one desktop per project. But it has a few issues that shit me. Mostly that if I have my email client open on desktop 1 I can't open it on desktop 2.

Literally the only people that use it are lazy fucks who need to look like they're working

I wish it worked more like it does on Mac OSX. There you can switch desktops per monitor.

I would if I used Windows. I use them in macOS and my one Linus machine that isn't headless.

>I use it so I can quickly hide my shit and pretend that I'm working

Isn't that the whole reason why virtual desktop managers were invented anyway?

if you actually use task switcher youre an idiot
either ctrl-alt-left/right arrow or 4 fingers on trackpad ala os x

No. I use three monitors.

Yes, I use it. It's very useful. I had multiple monitors but I never used the second or third one since virtual desktops are more convenient than turning your head all the time in my opinion. Ctrl+Window-key+right/left to navigate, very fast and efficient. Three monitors just take up too much space and are really only used by kids who are trying to look cool for epic battlestation threads

The way it works for mac is a little buggy. If you change the wallpaper for one desktop, it doesn't change it for the other, so they're not connected? Why?

I expect that none of the developers at microsoft don't understand the point of multiple desktops. Why is there still no keyboard shortcut to move window from one desktop to another? Do they really expect me to drag and drop every window I want to move?

Because it is programmed by microsoft pajeets.

I use them while working on multiple features/bugs at once. Each bug usually requires 6+ windows (various text editors, source search, build output, terminal for svn, chrome for discussing the bug). I like to have these at consistent places on my monitor but don't want to close and reopen every time I need to switch context.

So you can have different wallpapers on different desktops.

It could use some improvements, like rearranging virtual desktops. But it's good enough that I gave my younger brother my second monitor after "upgrading" to Windows 10.

The thumb scroll wheel on my mouse switches between desktops. The the thumb button + up gesture opens up the task view, thumb button + down dismisses task view. And there are keyboard shortcuts if I'm not using the mouse.

I don't think that's a bug. Each has desktop has its own wallpaper. This is noticeable if you have your wallpapers on a random rotation. It provides visual distinction even if you can't make out what window is open in the preview.

debugging a gui with multiple monitors is worlds nicer

Well, having a 32" monitor kind of makes it easier for me to do things that require a side-by-side view. So I guess there's that.

I tried it four a bit, then went back to virtuawin