Trying to learn how to code

>trying to learn how to code
>search C tutorials on youtube
>99% are pajeets giving lessons

I know that IT is their designated shitting space, but this is too much

Attached: 1509552151668.jpg (640x640, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=0DAA30BC1B1F480D22D222D8D542B514
learncodethehardway.org/c/
iso-9899.info/wiki/Main_Page
cs.cmu.edu/~15122/schedule.shtml
cs.cmu.edu/~213/schedule.html
matt.sh/howto-c
cert.org/secure-coding/publications/books/cert-c-secure-coding-standard.cfm?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

read a book, will ya

baby boomer detected

>youtube
Read a fucking book. You are setting yourself up for failure.

Is there any book similar to "Learn Python the hard way" but for C/C++?

I do not agree. I've read many books both in English and Italian about programming and sometimes youtube/wiki is just faster if you have problems with something. I think you should start with books and go on youtube just later though. This is because often books tend to say stuff like "x is based on y to work but this isn't intresting for us, so we do not teach it" and you are left wondering how and why something is true. Instead of buying an entirely different text book you can just look it up on google/youtube and go on reading.
I agree that you shouldn't try to learn anything solely on youtube and scammy sites if you are serious about though.

(Also, there are many College recorded lessons on youtube too. I've learnt calculus from videos of a different university than mine because i couldn't attend to lessons. And it worked since i got 30/30 on my exam.)

I havent read your python one but I used this 5 years ago and it worked great
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=0DAA30BC1B1F480D22D222D8D542B514

Just read everything cppreference has on C. It wont teach you best practices but why would you expect YouTube to

Well shiver me timbers matey, pajeet-tier educational materials are made by pajeets? Who would have thought?

Youtube is like stackoverflow with ads, narcissism and without the ability to copypaste code.
Read a book. Not 'fast' enough for you? You're too stupid for C.

Read the pdf version.

Only based pajeets will take time out of their day to teach others for free

Attached: fell-from-heaven.png (600x289, 10K)

Thats nothing. Once i had to use Hadoop for a uni work. Literally everyone on youtube was indian or Pakistani.

Indians write plenty of books too. Some are complete trash filled with Ctrl+C Ctrl+V from real documentation, but some are good.

>trying to learn how to code
It's programming but I digress
>search C tutorials on youtube
This is where you fucked up
Download K&R
>99% are pajeets giving lessons
You are the pajeet for searching C tutorials on goolagtube

>Books are from the 50s
ok.

not OP but that looks like a much more appealing book than stuff like The C Programming Language and C primer, which are filled with boring ass char array problems.

learncodethehardway.org/c/

Haven't read it though.

jesus christ! now go back to... you know
iso-9899.info/wiki/Main_Page

You should take a look at www.durgasoft.com then for a kek

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-21-07-13-24.png (720x1280, 363K)

>he wants to learn coding on youtube
have fun becoming a useless code monkey. get a book if you actually want to learn something

YouTube is a designated shitting Street. You're going to have to learn to read.

Step 1: Read K&R, realize the style of declarations used in it won't be used today but it still is the definitive resource on how to read a declaration/bracket order operations ect.

Step 2: Read these lecture notes, slides/additional resources cs.cmu.edu/~15122/schedule.shtml

Step 3: Watch these lectures, read the course book (click on 'old lectures') cs.cmu.edu/~213/schedule.html

Step 4: Read this modern C guide matt.sh/howto-c

Final step: Read this and use for reference cert.org/secure-coding/publications/books/cert-c-secure-coding-standard.cfm?

That's all you need. K&R will teach you what is undefined behavior. 15-122 will teach you to write safe programs and how to analyze existing programs. 15-213 will teach you what C looks like at the assembly level, stack frames, two's complement representation, floating point ect. That 'How to C in 2016' guide will teach you how modern C is written to avoid classic C problems like throwing around char's and ints. The CERT guide is a good desktop book to have around to make sure the shit you are writing cannot under any circumstances lead to undefined behavior. Whatever project you decide to contribute to after doing all this to obtain base competence in modern C programming, they will have a contributor's style guide which you must read like the kernel.org style guide or OpenBSD man style

>tutorials on youtube
Found your problem

Disclaimer: I didn't write this.
I have some objections about step 4.

Video is pretty terrible format for learning anything coding related, though. There's a reason why only pajeets use it.

youtube is shit

K.N. King's "C Programming: A Modern Approach", 2nd ed. is the only beginning C tutorial that I've found that wasn't utter trash.

>muh K&R
K&R doesn't even teach C99 and forces shitty idioms down your throat with very little explanation beyond "It's commonly used, so get used to it." At least it does teach you about standard/non-standard behavior, so it's not bad. The lack of inclusion of C99 was a real turn-off for me, though.

>muh Learn x the Hard Way
Honestly some of the worst tutorials I've come across. There is nothing "hard" or effective about copying Zed's shitty code and getting a half-assed explanation of what it's supposed to do.

>iso-9899.info/wiki/Main_Page
This seems like a really good resource. OP, if you're still here, you should probably go through this and look at the supplementary materials.

>Not 'fast' enough for you? You're too stupid for C.
k&r is pretty short

You're learning a pajeet buffer overflow language, what did you expect?

Learn Haskell, kid.

ansi c > everything else

Have you been to a US university in the past 10 years? It's just pajeets, asians, and like 5 jews. White kids drop out after the intro courses. They're too dumb for it. Not sure what their parents fed them but when I was college I only knew one half-way intelligent white kid who didn't talk like he was constantly high.

Perhaps europe is different but who knows.

>search youtube
Why the fuck would you do that. I could understand a video editing or a photomontage tutorial, even though text with pictures is still superior there, but programming has nothing to do with visual content.

>"learning" using youtube
Fucking why. You have to watch a video for 30 whole fucking minutes to understand the equivalent of 5 minutes of reading a book. Never understood this nigger concept. Squinting like retards to see what code are they typing, listening to their mouthbreathing fag voices, rewinding like a retard because you couldn't quite catch what they are saying.
Normalfaggots never cease to amaze.

he has to write programs that do things, though

read an e-book, will ya

You mean do things beside crash?

Attached: 1497637482479.jpg (387x550, 78K)

Books and the right youtubers. Filter the poo.

Almost every tutorial series on YouTube is shit. Go read books even if they're ancient because they were probably more well researched than Ajit Gupta and his free camcorder.

almost 100% white boy in my school.
One asian girl, one manlet, and one melanin brother from one of our few colonies left.

You shouldn't be proud of being mentally challenged/incompetent.

>can't do haskell
>calls others mentally challenged

Attached: oldguy.png (452x474, 282K)

Learn c the hard way

you are a pajeet in spirit for trying to learn coding from youtube

>Youtube
You literally are pajeet. That's how they "learn." Read a fucking book or get a proper instructor. Otherwise you will always be pajeet working with other pajeets.

You are the pajeet

>programming books
>programming VIDEOS
go fucking make something