Gas mower has been shitting on me. has battery lawn mowers technology improve in the past 10 years?

gas mower has been shitting on me. has battery lawn mowers technology improve in the past 10 years?

Attached: 2018-04-21 07_33_22-.jpg (1805x618, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJ_wWQuyA4E
youtube.com/watch?v=P7_BweGOSC8
youtube.com/watch?v=BOnKb-j6CrY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>gas mower
>shitting
Fucking take care of it then you utter pleb.

Dad has one. No complaints.

Just as long as it gets cut every week they are great. As soon as it gets thick it's useless

How do you break a lawnmower? Did you think it was a glow in the dark CIA nigger and hit it with your car?

Attached: DX_terry.png (600x745, 620K)

always have trouble starting it. i cleaned out the carburetor every other week too

You should probably change the oil in it now and again, user. If you're having trouble starting it though, could be you just don't prime it enough

I have taken care of the mowers in my family so didn't want to add another mower to take care of for my own house.

Bought this.

It takes no effort to push. No maintenance unlike a gas mower.

Attached: StaySharp-Max_product_main_large.jpg (858x1024, 64K)

Battery mowers haven't improved to the point where it's OK for a man to buy one.

learn to fix it child

This

Fuck engine mowers, the regular blade and stick mowers are far fucking superior

Batteries have the grunt to do anything a gas engine can, it's just the energy density is dogshit. Mower can't even push out an equivalent of a single horse power for 20min

>i cleaned out the carburetor every other week too
If you really find yourself needing to do this, I'd suggest buying smaller quantities of gas. Modern gas contains high levels of ethanol, which absorbs moisture and spoils pretty quickly, leading to gumming and stuck floats and needles. Everyone I know who has carb issues, also keeps 10 gallons or more kicking around at all times. I keep 5 at most and never, ever, have had a dirty carb related problem.

Lawn mowing seems to be the epitome of a pointless activity. I bet the Jews were behind popularising it.

>Bathing and personal hygiene seems to be the epitome of a pointless activity. I bet the Jews were behind popularising it.

Can I get a quick rundown?

You'd be surprised what an impact mowing can have on keeping the number of insects down on your property. It's worth the effort for this reason alone.

Dad taught me to inject some fuel directly under spark plug. It does the job.

youtube.com/watch?v=dJ_wWQuyA4E

Unlike the old school reel mowers, its easy to push, and you can raise the height for when you slack off and your grass is tall.

There is no reason to own a battery or gas engine mower.

I hate how the weekend means gas lawn mowers going off, waking me up, fuck.

This thing is obviously quiet.

What motor does it have in it? If it's a honda or briggs-stratton there will be rebuild parts for it almost guaranteed.

Also, grease your linkages/hinges and sharpen your blades.

Do you need a battery? Why not just get an electric one with a cord?

The aliens question us. "Why do these humans spend currency on fossil fuels to cut grass that grows back?"

Yall need fake grass or jesus

Attached: alien.jpg (300x255, 9K)

>No maintenance
>no effort to push
Pick one. Those blades don't sharpen themselves.

Uhh, no sweaty, there's no fucking way I'm going to mow 2.5 acres with that thing. It would take a week.

youtube.com/watch?v=P7_BweGOSC8

Mostly you just need to adjust the blades every few years.

Every half decade you could sharpen the blades.

Thats nothing like a gas mower.

unscrew the spark plug and clean it /check it

>brainlet can't start a motor
Absolutely onions

switch to EFI or just LS swap it

that's why I plan on paving the front/rear yards if I ever own a home. that or installing that artificial grass shit they use for handegg and divegrass fields.

Why are millennials so lazy?

reminder that if you were not born before 1980 or after 2000 (in which case you are underage b&) you are a millennial.

why do Gen Xers and olderfags like cutting grass?

I emplore you, don't buy a gas mower, every fucking day at 7 in the morning I am awakened by the roar of mowers, there's nothing wrong with electric mowers, they're so much quieter.

grow cover crops or veggies/fruit trees instead laddy.

>spending hundreds of dollars on GMO seeds that I have to buy everytime or else Its copyright infringement

This.

buy organic, open pollinated seeds you dolt; then you can save all the seeds you like.

some cover crops are readily self seeding anyway. and can be cut back like grass, like lucerne, rye, and oats.

user that is really fucking expensive to maintain for no clear benefit.

>He sleeps past 7
Wew lad

if its a 2 stroke just clean it out in 3 minutes faggot

>being a wageslave whereas you have to wake up at 5

>can be cut back like grass
but i don't want to cut grass or crops. that's why i wanted to pave or turf it in the first place.

>you have to wake up at 5
I wish. I get up at 3:30 every morning.

>Providing nitrogen for other plants, ground cover, soil structure, organic matter and attracting beneficial insects
>No clear benefit

It's like you don't want to have some self sufficiency by growing a portion of your own food...

considering gass has given me nothing but problems, from jamming the blade and needing to dig grass out, to shattering a window that cost 700$ to replace due to a fucking stone in the yard (neighbor ended up paying for it after we saw his kid tossing shit in our yard) the price of gas, the pain in the ass to start it, how fucking heavy it is if you don't get a power mower, im honestly considering a reel mower, and considering how cheap they seem, wouldn't even need to save up.

>Grow your own food
Harder than it fucking sounds. I can't afford professional grade manure and pesticides. If you don't want your shit to get kicked in by insects you have to go all or nothing and I actually have a job.

either way, you are no longer in walk behind the shit territory, well... walk behind it for the bulk of the work.

Id probably get a reel mower for areas the riding couldn't handle, but more likely I would build something like this

youtube.com/watch?v=BOnKb-j6CrY

and get the shit done fast.

not all problems can be fixed for cheap enough or fixed fast enough to be worth your time fixing it.

These things are not good unless you live in a shitty American suburb. When I'm not using a lawn tractor I get out there with a scythe. It's quite fun, but those things are for suburbanites with their minuscule gardens that never even get used but have to keep up appearances for a tyrannical HOA.

I pity the suburbanite.

>has battery lawn mowers technology improve in the past 10 years?
Yea, they're lithium ion now. The best ones last ~60 minutes. If you have the money to get a second or third battery, that's not really a problem.

It's the closest these women can get to nature in their little same-y house and tiny garden. These are the same people that wear camouflage, have John Deere caps despite not owning one, and other stupid stuff.

this is just me talking here, but my yard is just on the cusp of being big enough for a riding mower to make sense, it takes about 15 minutes to get the job done, and if I hat to split it between front and back just for the ease of a battery mower, I would do it.

carelessly run over the cord.

If you are doing this, may as well buy into a system that has all the yard tools on battery too.

>or just LS swap it

Attached: 1498086260435.jpg (470x470, 31K)

If, lets say I have to work 2 jobs to even hope to have a home of even a small size, why would I want to spend an hour a week cutting the fucking grass?

I work all week, the fuck do I want to come home to my free time and piss it away cutting the fucking grass?

Cutting grass is stupid when you don't really have to. I sell my cut grass to people that need hay, but that's me and my yard. Living in a rural area has a million advantages.

Out of the way, mower-lets

Attached: DB695593-F016-4CFF-BF57-7AB4CFC667B4.jpg (600x576, 106K)

it also helps when the carb is working correct, to have a fuel cutoff to it, so you can run the carb dry with the tank fuel flow off, disconnect the hose and shoot wd40/pblaster/airtool oil into the bowl, crank the motor over so the carb pulls the juice into the jets, make it a routine and never have to clear jets and varnish again

Attached: PowerXChange_Einhell_Family_Slider.png (450x450, 138K)

If you're lawnmower isn't connected to The Cloud™ you don't belong here Boomerfag

someone ages ago posted the history of lawn
in earlier times, lawn or garden was seen as a symbol of wealth because it requires money and free time, that only the rich could afford
>the jews we literally behind popularising lawn

This looks too good to be true...

well modern batteries are awesome but of course they will need to be replaced after X full cycles, like phone batteries. they are pretty much the same li-ion tech.

that said I only use DeWalt tools (and no mower), but yea, new battery tech is awesome.

Pros:
- Works really good, even for semi-professional use.
Cons:
- Costs a lot if you buy a good brand. And well, shitty brands will just make you rage.
- Batteries cost a fortune. So in a sense, maintenance of a gas one is a lot cheaper IF you know how to do it.
- Professional use is kinda questionable as recharging on site is just silly, and keeping around 10+ batteries just so you can finish a work day... yeah....

How do I get rid of moss on my lawn?