Raspberry Pi or Orange Pi?

what are the pros and cons?

Attached: 1524057994268.jpg (250x250, 11K)

Orange Pi has better performance on paper, but almost no support. Raspberry Pi has top support but the hardware isn't as good.

Attached: 1501510282643.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

>basedboy pi or cuck pi

Do you want me to slide my dick down your throat or something OP? Fuck off with your anime autism.

Attached: Robo gun.jpg (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Orange pi is chinese botnet, but it probably has better specs. Ethernet and USB are shared on the raspberry pi, so it sucks as a server.

There is no reason to buy a raspberry pi unless you have a child who wants to fuck around with linux. There is no point in using it in robots because you need another microcontroller to control motors and it's OpenCV support isn't very good.

>buying allwinner botnet

Attached: 1524023241306.jpg (437x431, 28K)

>buying broadcom botnet that won't even boot without proprietary software

Have there been any new SBCs released lately, or is the hype about them still slowing down? I know the Asus Tinker Board was released just over a year ago and remember seeing some hype about that since it would be able to run completely open firmware, but I've never heard anything about it since.

>greentexting something i have never mentioned

Orange pi uses allwinner.
Allwinner is notorious for relying on binary blobs and nonstandard patches (and also violating the GPL, but that's a side issue). Supposedly they're getting better, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Clock for clock, they do perform better than the broadcom chips. Some people have tested the clock skew, and the allwinner based orange pi keeps time better.

The raspberry pi uses the broadcom, and before the 3, everything but the sound and video is over USB 2. That can make things laggy, as it requires cpu for each access. The 3 does fix a lot of those issues, but it gets hot. Also, there is good driver support, and mainline kernels work (with blobs).

Basically, buy a pi3 if you want a raspberry pi.

what about odroid?

I've never owned one or looked into one, so I can't say.

depends on which one will look best sitting as a paper weight in your house

>thinking that greentext is only used on mentioning

^thanks for the (You)

>One collects dust
>Other one collects dust faster
:^)

>t. too lazy to set up a media box or a CCTV based on RPi

takes like 5 mins to set up a media centre

>turn into a retro console.
>sell for 3x what you paid for it
:^)

i dunno about useless, i like my pi's, i got the first one as a gift.. if you can convert iso's to squashfs, you can multi boot all types of stuff with berryboot, im trying to learn ssh, how to set up a nas, basic python, and do the basic muh free tv addons, t. noob

There still mobos with inbuild x68 cpus for a same price as rasberry pie.

> Hates anime on an anime website
> Responds to OP non-anime pic with an anime pic
Wew lad

Attached: 1520806437995.jpg (1440x2464, 324K)

Link one just one that is actually around 35 GBP

Outstanding emulator support makes them No.1 for rerto gaymen
Decently powerful hardware, not like anything in a RPi
Plenty of support, which makes them great for media centre, seedbox, grandma's cheapo desktop, housewide adblock (via pi-hole), general linux box for poking around
Buying an orange pi is always a risky business because you can have really shitty software support especially one the very recent boards. Yet solution is quitr simple: check up on armbian's page whether the particular board you wanna get works or not. Overall they can(!) get way more powerful than RPi
>OpenCV support isn't very good
I dare to disagree. Check out libSurvive by CNLohr. That man makes an actual miracle of an orange pi one