pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: DF083469-F644-4AB9-8533-B6698D44D717.png (1201x889, 531K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.qmk.fm/features/leader-key
ebay.co.uk/itm/5mm-LED-green-blue-white-yellow-red-Diffused-High-Brightness-Diode-10-100-pcs-UK/352202353622
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think the filter is only because of this thread, I mean, it can't be. This has to be a coincidence.

I started installing my QMX Clips but now I have family in town so only have the first row done and can't really test it.

Attached: saywot.png (282x182, 64K)

Only sóyboard gets filtered into basedboard
The other boards it’s onion

>my shitty 2 minute MS Paint OC has caused one of the biggest shitstorms in /mkg/ history
lmao
never underestimate the pettiness of a scorned mod

Attached: ohyes.png (960x640, 91K)

unnecessary loud keyboard for gaymer kids, no thanks

>basedboard
based mods know where the true shitposters congregate

>Disclaimer only reply if you own a pink keyboard

Das keyboards are sexy but those 60% ones will be the end of me GIVE ME FUNCTION KEYS IN NORMAL PLACES

nice onion board my nigga

Attached: 1520070721680.png (1201x889, 567K)

soyanything is basedanything

Even basedsauce?

basedboy

All this false flagging is great, hopefully all the reddit users get bored and leave

Attached: BAD35F14-B4EE-41A0-A3DE-28D8CA2EC6A4.png (1276x1048, 548K)

who is false fagging at who im so confuse!

Do people still like Leopolds? They have been dirt cheap recently, and still maintain the same amazing quality as before.

Attached: zl9vn.png (438x544, 198K)

Did you see the self proclaimed redditor in the previous thread?
>
These are the people I have to share a board with

Only incompetent people prefer shit bigger than a 60%. There is no reason for anything bigger than that outside of MAYBE 68% if you can't cope with layered arrows.
You do not miss the keys at all and if you do it's because you are unable to adapt.
I pity the people with like a super full sized unicomp or model M taking up their entire desk.

Attached: wtf.jpg (1727x968, 1020K)

leopold still gud

koreans know mechanical keyboards

no numpad no buy

where's all the fucking 65%+numpad boards

Yes, leopold PD series and topre series are the best prebuilts available outside of maybe realforce and vortex race/vibe.
I love mine so much I'm thinking about buying a fc660m with silent reds since they also have sound dampening inside the case.
The pd series keycaps are also the best I've used so far and I have a ton of keycaps. Prefer them to GMK.

Attached: nice.jpg (2202x1264, 1.43M)

>t. desklet/armlet soiboi

too expensive

is it possible to rice a black keyboard without it looking O P E R A T O R

My Ducky Shine 3 has one dead LED

How easy is DIY repair work?

Is the ducky one 2 a good entry level keyboard?

If it uses 3mm LEDs, it’s super easy

basedware

>Having more dedicated keys to more convenient and often used options is for incompetent people
??? Have you ever worked?
>You do not miss the keys at all and if you do it's because you are unable to adapt.
The Adapting itself is not the problem, but if it is if it is worth adapting.

Even if I did master a hhkb layout, would it be necessarily faster than a 100% when there is dedicated buttons for everything an hhkb has? At that point adapting is retarded. There is no point.

Why is it necessary that I learn a 40% or even a 60% layout. Will it make me faster? no. I would almost argue it makes you slower since you are pressing a combination of buttons rather than 1 dedicated one. And also alot of 60% boards and 40% board do not have a standard. Lets say I want to use an arrow key on a 60% I got new. Oh it turns out I need to use FN + IJKL as my arrow keys instead of FN + WASD. Some 60% have numpads and some don't. For 100% Nearly everything is uniform and standardized, the person knows wtf he is getting.

Now /thread. Stop this 60% shilling you cucks.

Attached: m8RT4iO.jpg (448x700, 52K)

This. Numpad is needed for people who actually use their keyboards for work.

Yes

What's wrong with DAS?

German built. Had it for ~5 years, 0 issues ever.

Feedback feels just as good as when initially purchased.

The oversized volume knob as much of a novelty as it seems, looks good and feels great to turn. I max my volume speakers and control all audio purely from the keyboard.

Attached: DSC02108A.jpg (2736x1824, 1.99M)

>tfw still waiting on my anne pro with reds

The newer ones are just rebranded chink boards, yet the press is higher

They are generally overpriced. DAS was good, but they got complacent in the 2010s(Can we say 10s now or is that retarded). They started subcontracting to chinese companies and branching out to gamers.

Their quality is equal to a typical gamer brand now.

Maybe if you're doing something pathetic like living in excel.
I spend 100% of my time on a computer, both for leisure and work. Nearly 16 hours a day. Absolutely no use for a numpad.
work != data entry

Attached: optical.jpg (1500x1000, 126K)

>German built
Only the original was German the second gen and onward ones are all chink

Unironically, my #1 reason for having a numpad is Nethack.

Is there something like K552-N KUMARA, which is good and cheap, with brown switches?

>calls others pathetic
>spends 16 hours a day on his computer

Attached: 1523791547235.jpg (744x752, 72K)

3mm LEDs?

What kind specifically?

It looks like it does just from a quick Google but none of them specify what kind other than the fact that it should be round.

Of course I do, this is Jow Forums.
From the moment I wake up until I go to bed I am on my desktop.
No cell phone plan, have a laptop I don't use.
What are you a fucking normie or something?

>he has to copy and paste symbols from the web instead of using alt codes
Lmao

Jesus that's pathetic

Any 3mm LED will work

>work != data entry
Well actually it is you neet. Look there is a job even you can do.

I program and I use the arrow keys as well as the home keys.
I tend to use shift + alt + arrowkeys alot. It takes fucking 4 key presses to get that shit to work on a 60%. It is fucking stupid.

You should probably go for the same colour LEDs, different colours require different amounts of voltage.

Sounds like you're just shit. I have no problem programming on a hhkb. Took 10 minutes to get used to it.

IIRC red ones take about 2V and blue or people ones take about 4V.

Serious question:
lets say I have average soldering ability, if I go ahead and do a 60% build, how will the build quality be compared to a leopold or hhkb? I plan on using a plate mount.

Most good TKL can do alt codes tho

Thanks, diffused or regular bright?

Mine was white.

And why should I get used to it? Give me a good reason. I work perfectly fine on a 100%.
>Give good example of why a 60% is inefficent compated to a 100%
>Sounds like you're just shit.
great argument there

Attached: shift+alt.gif (610x430, 760K)

It'll be better than any MX board because you'll be able to lube and spring swap the switches. For example if you lube a cherry black it will be nearly the best linear typing experience available.
HHKB doesn't have very good build quality, it's just a charming board that is a pleasure to use.
If you want clicky or linear build your own, if you want tactile get the fc660c.

I was thinking of using box clickbar switches

Just regular

>Not knowing the true potential with what you can do with a 60%
>Macropad + 60%

Attached: reason.png (1378x532, 1.14M)

Don't help them, they're shit at life to the point where it is a significant challenge to adapt to a new keyboard layout.

who uses leader keys on QMK
docs.qmk.fm/features/leader-key
could you post what you do with this ? (not want you could do)

/argument

>not having 26 macro keys and a foot pedal for typing

get off my board you disgusting weak faggot

Attached: 1358193048377.jpg (787x523, 86K)

Is there a voltage limit for LEDs on keyboards?

I don't want to accidentally burn my E key.

this is as far as i would go.
a couple f keys and dedicated arrow keys. the numrow could go away.
i guess i could get this sort of layout in a poker or with a jis layout

Attached: 5C7FA9BF-36FF-4416-A4FE-E10EAFBCE204.jpg (2208x1064, 389K)

Yes, it's called a resistor.
To get the correct amount of voltage for red LEDs you need 15 mA of current and 150 ohms of resistance. I don't know other colours off the top of my head though.
Look at the Ohm's law equation, that should help.

Shiieet so its not just buy a white 3mm LED, desolder and solder the new one back?

Fug

kek of course you got nothing to say brainlet
>shit at life to the point where it is a significant challenge to adapt to a new keyboard layout.
Wow I never knew where my time was so important that I need to use everything wisely was apparently a "shit point" in my life.

>Not having a 50x50 macroboard that you can play scrabble with and a vr headset so movements can count as keypresses
get of my board amateurz

Well no it is if you don’t plan on getting a different color temperature

As long as you get the same kind of LED you had before you'll be fine. If you want to use a different LED, you'll have to desoulder your current resistor and wire one with the correct resistance in series with the LED.

Attached: resistor.jpg (1000x889, 42K)

Yes it is. Get any cheapo LED.

ebay.co.uk/itm/5mm-LED-green-blue-white-yellow-red-Diffused-High-Brightness-Diode-10-100-pcs-UK/352202353622

99p for 5. And solder one, maybe you need a smaller size but whatever, take case of keyboard and see how much room you got.

Checking in, still using a made in America Apple Extended Keyboard II from 1990. It's so good.

>No numpad
>No function row
What's even the fucking point then?

For typing

>Japanese switches
>made in America

I don't do data entry but I still use the numpad for any numbers not in line with text.
You know, like a normal human being.

Alps made the switches but not the board.

Like how Das use German switches and a Taiwanese board.

I guess if all you use your computer for is typing essays, it would be alright.

what the hell is this onion meme?

60% is the ideal layout. You should pity those who are such brainlets that they cannot adapt.
Yet another person who is completely incompetent . This one can not even begin to understand.
Like an incompetent moron who can't even wrap their head around how it's possible to use a 60%*
I use my computer for literally everything and would never burden myself with baby boomer tier full size keyboards.

Like what?

Any keyboard less than full size is onions as fuck.

HHKB shills in full force today

>onions
Fuck I meant to say onions

The ONLY acceptable compact keyboard size is TKL if you don't use the numpad.
60% keyboards are for people with short arms or people who struggle to clear their desk.

just
fucking filters

Wordfilter

>One guy calling things onions
>a meme

Attached: 9d5.png (2688x2688, 173K)

chopped onions
chopped soys
onions knight
basedknight

Will it dim/brighten like the other LEDs?

I meant to say s o y but it's getting filtered to something else

nvm it's a filter

Attached: Thinkicide.png (2048x2048, 145K)

what's wrong with onions they're a delicious snack

Attached: onion.jpg (650x488, 41K)

See

It was a Jow Forums meme from last year where they claimed eating raw onions raised your testosterone levels.
I guess the mods thought it would be funny to repurpose a dead meme.

makes sense, alpha tones chows into them on the daily and he's the shitposting bull of parliament

Just saying what it says on the back. Presumably yeah, Japanese parts, American manufacturing.

where can i get vintage resistors or just make my own for my cute keeb

what's filtered? onions?

You don't need vintage resistors. You'd probably want newer ones. There's no point in getting old ones.
For resistors the 4th band from the left is colour code for tolerance on the amount of resistance. So if it's gold (the most common kind) then it's +/- 5% in the value that it says. You can get ones for +/- 1% too if you're interested, though it doesn't really matter that much unless you want the LEDs to have a more similar amount of voltage going through them.

Also you could just read the resistance value from the colour code on the side of the resistor if it's an old one and you could just get a new one with equal amount of resistance.

i dont care, i just want big old chuky resistor for the looks or do it my self so i can claim i made every single component besides the micro controller and its all artisan also i will do a pcb with painted tracers ignoring the 45 degree rules and go full spiral

onions

That's pretty soi and also pointless, most of the time resistors wouldn't even be visible, they would be inside the case.