Building programming logic

How to develop programming logic Jow Forums? Help me become a better programmer

Attached: code meme.jpg (275x183, 23K)

Practice
Set your self different challenges and explore different frameworks
Avoid daily programmer challenges but rather be targeted and focussed in a certain direction.

This and read good books. Not the shitty Pajeet "How do I become a web developer" books.

Can you please recommend some good books? I would greatly appreciate it.

Learn to take source code as what it is: A textual representation of an almost arbitrary tree structure.

Anything concrete, i.e. functional programming, object-oriented programming, low level stuff, ...?

Anything and everything that will turn me into a programming god.

Do 50 monads a day and you'll improve.

K&R, Algs 4, Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design, Modern Operating Systems.

I forgot a lot of the exact titles. I can look into my Calibre library later when I'm back home.

Thanks a lot user. This should be enough to get me started. I have a question though, should I read "Algorithms 4th Edition", even if I don't know Java? Should I get the C version instead?

Java isn't hard to learn, especially when you come from a C/C++ background. It's a good idea to look at a lot of programming languages and think about their perks and special features, i.e. C/C++, Haskell, Lisp, Prolog/Erlang, Assembly

Sounds good! I will take this opportunity to broaden my horizons. Also, would it be a good idea to implement every of the exercises on C as well?(I kind of have an addiction with C).

By reading a fuckton of code and practicing craftsmanship techniques like TDD. Watching code talks from programmer celebrities also help because they've usually got some helpful insights to share in your field.

Get exposure to other programming paradigms will help too and brushing up on first-order logic. Try these books:

Book of Proof
Pragmatic Programmer
Clean Code
Game Programming Patterns
7 Programming Languages in 7 Weeks
Release It!

You can try, but you will have to make a mental switch from OO to imperative. But it'll probably help you to better understand both languages.

>Algs 4
Are you talking about pic related?

Attached: file.png (361x499, 159K)

>programming books
worthless
go make stuff until you figure it out

Yep. The MIT algorithms and data structures book is quite good too, but I forgot its title.

>The MIT algorithms and data structures book is quite good too
Yeah, that's why I asked. I see CLRS posted all the time, and wasn't sure whether you're talking about Algorithms 4th Edition or CLRS.

Clean code

Avoid reading or writing object oriented code until you get the basics in grasp.

Quick and simple, everything is far easier to figure out and understand if you take your problem back and keep breaking it into smaller and smaller issues that are easier to wrap your head around.

Experience with coding, challenges, yadda yadda helps a lot for quicker thinking and code recognition, but just learning how to step back and figure out exactly what the problem that you're trying to solve and its independent components are will be the life or death difference for you in terms of learning how to program.

Read a lot of code, the max code for read more logical you will be.