I want a good laptop for school

I want a good laptop for school

Attached: 1523844480794.jpg (640x636, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terminal_emulators#Linux
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_console
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ThinkPad X220 or X230 with a 9 cell battery. Install Linux or Windows 10 LTSB.

this pretty much, just make sure you have an SSD in it

Bro that laptop is from 2012. Gimme something else.

Something else? ThinkPad R51.
Please, seriously don't judge a book by its cover, or rather a laptop by its specs, the X220 is capable as a study machine. If you want something beefier, then T420. Or you could simply buy a MacBook and we'll be more than happy to call you a faggot.

macbook pros are pretty nice if you can get a 2012 - 2013 one for cheap
great screen. its pretty much perfect if you use mac os. if you use linux it is still pretty good, only held back by shitty linux font rendering at high resolutions

I have a ThinkPad X220 with SSD installed and can vouch for how good it is.

Just keep in mind it doesn't have dedicated graphics and is second generation core i5/17 mobile processor, it's a work machine, less of a gaming machine.

You're a fucking retard OP suck my cock you fucking spic

macbook

mac book pro

>Linux
>Bad font rendering
Linux is a kernel, it doesn't render font. And what compositor are you using that looks bad on a hidpi screen?

Moron. Just get a mac like all your faggot underage friends

Thinkpad+SSD if you can get them cheap/already have them. Chromebook with ubuntu and whatever SD cards and USBs you have if you're poor/can't find a Thinkpad seller in your area.

Thinkpad if you want real advice

Macbook pro if you're a faggot

chromebook if you're a troll

Processor is a

get a gaming laptop, they are pretty powerful now with 6 cores

What is Jow Forums opinion on alpha notebooks? On paper they look perfect.

>X230
fuck off with that gay shit
either X220 or T420
no other will do

ThinkPad T420 with your GNU/Linux distribution of choice.r

Used chromebook, check the gallium wiki to see which run gallium with ease. I prefer the acer 15. You can get them for about $100 and the battery lasts 10 hours. Runs about as well as an old thinkpad but is much lighter weight and has vastly fewer noise/thermal problems. Keyboard is obviously worse but oh well.
>muh 32gb emmc
Implying anyone needs mass local storage these days. Throw in an SD card if ya do.

>X220
>Shit trackpad, shit screen, shit outdated CPU. you shills gotta go back.

>it doesn't render font.
The terminal emulator is part of the kernel

Attached: 1481784777457.jpg (348x350, 15K)

some people like to actually keep a local collection of games and music, so as to not get locked out by fully DRM'ed streaming services, and thinkpads are way heavier than they look

>dumb frogposter
>who would have thought
You obviously have no understanding of what a kernel is if you think the kernel provides a fucking terminal

>he doesn't know about sd cards
user I...

This but unironically. Just avoid the jewgle pixelbooks, they're locked down all to hell.

This. I have a 512GB 850 EVO in mine and a 256GB mSATA SSD along with a 9 cell battery. Little bastard has gotten me through so much.

This.
Except for the keyboard, I really don't regret choosing X230 over X220

Same, I have this Alienware which is plenty powerful but I don't know if it is nice to lug to a school

>chromeOS
>Loonix
Confirmed for huge time sink. Enjoy poverty. Laptops in general are cheap as chips. Why the hell would anyone slum like this?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terminal_emulators#Linux
>Linux console - implements a large subset of the VT102 and ECMA-48/ISO 6429/ANSI X3.64 escape sequences

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_console

>The Linux console (and Linux virtual consoles) are implemented by the VT subsystem of the Linux kernel, and do not rely on any user space software

Don't listen to these thinkpad retards. Get modern day laptop and your battery life will be far better and you'll get better performance, more ram, etc.

pixelbook bitch

Fuckk off retard

>implying he's wrong
$200-300 goes a long way nowadays. Chinkpads are not the deal they once were.

ThinkPads are absolutely not worth it for a student. I sometimes have to carry like 30 pounds of textbooks, binders, etc, and it barely fits in my bag. I sure as shit would not want a thinkpad in there too. I bought a Xiaomi Air 12.5 and it's pretty perfect for school. Although, at the time I bought it, they were something like $300 less.

>Install Linux or Windows 10 LTSB.
Install both
Windows for when you need it for exclusive applications, Linux for when you need a decent OS

Asus vivobook, dell xps 13, HP Spectre, Lenovo IdeaPad 520

If you need a laptop for school, anything new/used for

>30 pounds is a lot
>He doesn't have a spacious backpack or some army surplus one

Attached: Tonk.jpg (3364x3364, 2.16M)

>He thinks every Thinkpad is heavy and big
Lol at ur life

MacBook Pro
I wouldn't get anything else for the reason that you will appear different and will stand out,which you really don't want in a school. also a MacBook signals to girls in class that you are affluent and have good taste.

This. Chromebook + Linux. In a year this will be a better combination than getting a dirty Thinkpad

im a uni student, how good perform a x220 or t420 with mathematica, labview, matlab and but not necessary ansys fluent?