Why do American programmers make a SHITload more money than any other nation?

Why do American programmers make a SHITload more money than any other nation?

Attached: 1413231731250.jpg (502x346, 27K)

Higher cost of living

Because thats what they're worth. However many companies don't want to pay for that so they import H1B's by advertising a job position with really exorbitant requirements and offer shit pay. Many Software engineers in the US get 90k+ but if a company can import a foreigner on H1B with a work visa for 60k flat then they will.

Because their 2 bedroom house with an 8x10 kitchen costs 1.3 million dollars.

Maybe in San Fransisco or Seattle, but not in most cities.

>maybe in where 90% of the programming jobs are

Compared to Western Europe, Canada, and Australia America is cheap as hell

After many years of poorfag life I haven't changed my habits when I started to wagecuck for decent shekels. I have enough money but I still feel poor lel.

We have the only whites left in the world, you have to pay extra for that. Looter "equality" laws force you to pay mutts and other browns the same premium for their mongrel asses, unfortunately. The good news is you can just require a clean criminal history, no tattoos or piercings, well kept hair, and flawless English to weed them out.

Nobody is forcing you to live in San Fagcisco or Jew York.

The one thing you can belive in is that the vulgar masses are almost always wrong, especially in America. Fucking animals, the lot of them.

>Compared to Western Europe
No, not really. Remember that most of America is uninhabitable (e.g. basically no Internet access).

Cause it costs a SHITload of money to live where the programming jobs are, Rajiv

There's no demand for tech in third world Arab countries like England or Germany.

Their are plenty of whites in the world, my country has a higher white population than you.

Das ist aber nicht nett von dir

Attached: cate.jpg (225x225, 4K)

>Remember that most of America is uninhabitable (e.g. basically no Internet access)
You mean the places where there aren't any jobs? Is this the power of yuro logic?

White than you Mohammed.

Attached: Grug the Mutt.png (485x443, 23K)

Not quite, on the contrary on some nations actually.
>implying there's a single wh*te person on the entire continent of the Americas

Attached: 1523834456312.png (547x433, 18K)

They pay them back the money they made by selling their foreskin.

>whites
>america

Sure thing, goblin.

In Jersey 500k can buy a 4+1 bedroom, 2.5 bath house. The +1 is an extra room in the master bed some houses have that isn't accessible from the hallway. Only the actual cities like San Fran, NY, Seattle, etc. cost a lot. If you live a little further away it's significantly cheaper.

Because we're worth something and we actually complain and have rights. Now stay the fuck away from my country europoors, ching chongs, and pajeets.

America number one bitch

Actual skilled American's are in very high demand. That and consumerism is heavily encouraged.You get payed more with the expectancy that will spend more in the economy.

This. I get paid 90k USD at 25 with only 3 years experience. But my expenses are 3k USD per month for frugal middle class lifestyle.

>Australia America
Land of Free Shitposting

>VC funding
>top tech companies in the world
Other countries are light years behind. China is starting to catch up.

Attached: venture2.png (828x759, 63K)

To add to this, it costs 250k for a 0.2 acre lot with a 2 bedroom 1000 sq ft house here, and that's 45 minutes away from the city you have to commute to for work.

Shit is expensive in New England.

that's 45 minutes away from the city you have to commute to for work.
Eww

Based on size and population Israel BTFO everyone else.

>All of europe has to be combined to be relevant
Classic

lel

Name a (modern) tech giant thats come from anywhere besides America

None meme answer: Competition for good developers in the US is tight, especially with companies competing with Google et al. This produces upwards pressure on other competitors if they want strong talent.

Also as opposed to other technical fields like engineering, overall capital costs are a lot cheaper. A small team of devs can make a product that serves millions of customers. Not so with a field like mechE or civil.

Attached: 1523917497902.jpg (563x503, 21K)

That's because you faggots have outrageous taxes and programs that have unintended consequences on your economy, artificially driving the price equilibrium up

>mfw h1bfag

Attached: 1344357800362.jpg (1000x800, 115K)

Arm

Like all 50 states have to be combined to be relevant.
Classic.

Samsung

SAP is the largest in Europe. Everyone else bought by burgers or smaller.

Because America is better for business. Europe especially is very anti-business. This isn't an economics or politics board so I won't say anymore because the moderation on this board is retarded. Suffice to say that tech jobs such as programming are in high demand because it's still a niche skill that most people don't possess, and a place that's more friendly to business will naturally attract more businesses, which will compete with one another by offering higher wages to potential employees.

>6,250 employees vs 70000+ for Google alone

>Name a (modern) tech giant thats come from anywhere besides America
Tencent

It's like a dozen states with all the tech.

And the EU population, much less all of Europe's, is like 70% greater than the USA's.

>comparing a country to a continent

compared to western european metropolis, everything from housing to food to cars is cheaper in America.

Europe was almost a super-state... almost...

That's literally what the guy I quoted did, lmao.

Attached: 1318000614688.png (485x443, 92K)

EU will be the fourth reich.

They are just an isp for china, so government owned and facilited.
What tech innovations have come from them?
None.

>Germans can't do it with force
>will achieve it with money

Clearly you've never been to the hospital in America.

Because their companies are overvalued since their whole economy works based on free money handed down by the Fed to their banks (primary dealers) which further invest those free money into investment funds and shares.

And so, their whole financials are based on this ponzi scheme supplied with free Fed money, aka money-printing press.

>Clearly you've never been to the hospital in America.
Too many times, unfortunately, but my health insurance isn't shit.

lmao if you think America is a ponzi scheme you haven't read about the central bank of China, Japan, or the EU, they make the federal reserve look like a little babby

Attached: drake meme.jpg (916x717, 154K)

>being poor and unemployed in America
You're better off dead

Fortunately it's a self-resolving situation

Wrong. Learn a thing or two about economics.

Because all the largest tech companies are in America. Sure other countries have their own sites that are popular within them and some even make hardware too, but nothing even compares to the global domination of American programming. And when your market is "literally fucking everybody" you can afford to pay your code monkeys $100k/y.

Not the whole of USA economy is a ponzi scheme, obviously, but mostly those companies whose shares are overvalued via cheap credit from the Fed or, until recently, quantitative easing, that were basically zero-cost credit for banks to invest in the stock and boost shares prices. Pretty much fantasy economy.

The other central banks didn't really have this option to do QE on such a massive scale as the Fed. Especially since their currencies are not the main reserve currencies so they can't fuck around with issuing too much currency that will float around in the world (mah petrodollars).

The EU is not even a country, so it's hard to talk about it in terms of single-country economic management. And there are huge differences between different EU states. Some are not even in the Eurozone, so they can't benefit from ECB "supporting" measures.

So, I'm afraid it's the other way around. The BoJ, the ECB and other central banks are lil babbies compared to the Fed when it comes to printing money out of thin air and handing them over to banks, which eventually boost the stock market artificially.

>get x% cashback on your everyday purchases!
sure is botnet in here

good thing im the best of both worlds ;^)

Attached: 2017-09-15 11.10.53.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

*buys your company*

QE was stopped in 2013 and the American stock market has since doubled

But if there wasn't any QE would there be any stock boom or any growth at all today?

Those money that they injected in the economy weren't really taken out in 2013. They just stopped supplying the primary dealers with near-zero interest rates credit. But the banks kept the money.. and invested it.

Where do you think the American economy would be if the dollar lost its reserve currency status? How much would the stock market grow?

MFW I chose this career path in 7th grade instead of getting a liberal arts degree.

Attached: 1500149897504.png (327x316, 211K)

the Fed increased their balance sheet by 4.5 trillion but the us stock market capitalization increased by 15 trillion since 2013, so yes stocks would've gone up regardless

If that's the point, then
>Top countries
>Europe

That's the power of leverage. Put 4.5 tn in the system, get 15tn "valuation" in terms of prices growth.

You know, when you buy shares or trade shares you don't just pay with cash or bank transfers. You can use lots of other financial "instruments" which have their own valuations in the books. Market-to-market and such.

As I said, fantasy economy. Because that's where most of US money and growth come from, not from the real economy, not from producing more tangible products. Not from exporting significantly more.

Look at the Silicon Valley boom. For years, companies like Facebook or Google have been monetising users' data for free. Facebook makes like 15 bucks per year per each user, on average, but the users never see a share out of that. Real money from advertising generated from basically nothing but hype. Operational costs are probably below 10%.

My condolences.

Jow Forums is over there ---->

You need to go back

You mean America is vastly superior

All the wealthy tech companies come from America, skilled developers have more options and so the companies have to pay more to get them. Plus the government doesn't rob businesses of all their money so they can afford to pay higher wages.

Programming is a business multiplier, and the USA's businesses and capital are best in breed.

go back

This. Lower taxes (fewer government services) means you need to spend out of your own pocket. Most people who earn outrageous amounts for doing average work get to do so because they live in really expensive places. 100k in the valley is barely minimum wage.

The best of both worlds is living outside of the states and working for an American company.

Because were actually good at it. The only significant software created outside of the US was Angry Birds.

I want to move from Canada to the US I hate it here so much

Serious question, why the hell would anybody want to be white? You guys are basically has beens. Slowly being bred out in your homelands and if you even have the temerity to protest, you get shouted down by your own kind. You couldn't pay me to want that.

>and that's 45 minutes away from the city you have to commute to for work.
It's trash. What's the point of having all of that money if you have to spend so many hours a week commuting?

Er hat recht mit England

Have fun competing in the US job market.

It's way better in tech though, and easier to start a business.

I'm thinking of marrying a friend for a green card

>3k a month in New England
>frugal
That's bullshit. I live on $2000 a month in the Seattle area and used to live on $2500 a month in Silicon Valley. All less than 10 minutes from the office.

I also live in Seattle and $2000/mo seems too low to meet the rent should be no more than 1/3rd of your income requirement a lot of places have. What neighborhood, do you live alone or with other people?

B-but I earn £70k working for a company in England

>relies on thousands of servers running an european kernel

That's how much I spend, not how much I earn idiot.
I live alone in a one bedroom apartment in Bellevue.

Sucks to be you guys. I live a few miles from the beach here in Florida. Mortgage on a condo, HOA fees, food, and utilities run something like $600 a month. And I make bank doing IT for a local company. And I don't freeze my ass off in the winter.

Italianfag here, I worked as a systems administrator in the military here in Italy and now I'm making a fine salary working for an Italian company, burgers and traitors can blow my foreskin anytime.

>That's how much I spend, not how much I earn idiot.
Interesting, given what you wrote how did you expect anyone else to understand that? When someone says "I live on" they mean how much money they make and not how much discretionary income they have. You don't live on your discretionary income.

Then again, you also think Bellevue is Seattle, so clearly you're just a very confused individual. The eastside is nothing but rich crackers with no culture, bros, and manchildren.

>doing IT for a local company
I guarantee you that the difference between our incomes far exceeds the pittance you save on rent.

>I live alone in a one bedroom apartment in Bellevue.
LIVING THE DREAM

>making more money means i have a better life

>And I don't freeze my ass off in the winter.
What? Washington isn't even that cold in the winter. The weather's pretty shit all year round except summer but not because it gets cold.

These threads keep confirming how sad, pathetic and miserable the average American life is.

upsides:
consistently warm
beaches can be fun
cheap

downsides:
you have to live with other floridians
humidity
no seasons
no culture unless you're in miami
consistently terrible politicians
animals that will kill you
invasive species
tourists

Florida is basically the Australia of the US

>Their
But apparently poorer skills in the English Language.

Dude I was tired.
And us Aussies speak fine :^)

I don't know man. I cleared over 150k last year. Maybe you make more and that's cool but I'm happy as fuck.
I've spent some time in Washington and Oregon in the winter. Compared to here, it's cold, mang.
You pick your poison. I've spent quality time in each of the 47 other contiguous states (I'm 40). They all suck in various ways. Floridians are pretty laid back and don't, ahem, look down their noses at people elsewhere.

If I was a Floridian I wouldn't look down upon anyone else either. Hard to do when you're some of the worst people in the country.

Concerted effort to make technocracy a desirable meme in order to foster bugman-ification of Americans
other nations follow suit, distracted by the prosperity
no need to pay the other nations' citizens so much