Daily Reminder

Daily Reminder: You shouldn't be on Jow Forums if you don't use Linux.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-21 17-18-05.png (1600x900, 497K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archiso
informatimago.com/linux/emacs-on-user-mode-linux.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this bait?

Attached: 2018-04-21-191842_3840x2160_scrot.png (3840x2160, 882K)

Why?

gnu/linux*

also that shit is disgusting
>ubuntu
>chrome
>bash
>gnome
>1000+ packages
>gnone-terminal
0/10
nigger just use windows 7 or some shit

Daily reminder that the only reason people use Ubuntu is that they're not smart enough to use a real distro.

Too bad sweetie.

>Intel Integrated Graphics
You are literally nothing.

Because you should be able to understand technology to post here.
>Ubuntu
It's okay. I use it because the scrolling isn't shit.
>Chrome
Can't beat that sync, yo.
>bash
It's Zsh, retard.
>gnome
Again, it's okay.
>1000+ packages
I'll give you that.
>gnome-terminal
As opposed to what?
>nigger
nice edge :^)
I prefer Solus and Arch.

>reddit in bookmarks bar

using an inferior OS means you're technically illiterate

Hey Quentin.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1430688144181.jpg (400x413, 95K)

>Ubuntu
>Thinks that he is better that winfaggets

According to the speccy thread the overwhelming majority here seem to be windows 10 fags. Or maybe people who daily Linux stuff avoid those threads.

Android is linux

I use xubuntu and w10

Daily reminder: You shouldn't be on Jow Forums if you don't use every distribution at the same time.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-21 17-28-18.png (1920x1080, 1.25M)

This.

Daily reminder: you shouldn't be on Jow Forums on a Saturday evening.

>noobuntu
>not freshest Linux
>GNOME
>Chrome
You'd better install Windows or Gentoo, Quentin.

Looks like u don't even fit the bill
That's not nearly all of the OSes at once

Attached: qubes (2).png (3840x1080, 634K)

bested by the tripfag. gg

Attached: thumbsup.png (326x418, 135K)

I'm on Linux

Attached: hst.png (1080x1920, 838K)

>facebook

daily reminder: you shouldn't be on Jow Forums

>"I installed Linux 3 minutes ago, look at me guys"

Fucking chrome, really?

Chrome is the best web browser.

b-but user I do

Attached: day2.png (1366x768, 148K)

Fuck off with your walled garden Linux fags. We don't tolerate that shit from Apple and we won't tolerate it from you.

I'll stay with an OS that doesn't limit my freedom.

>I'll stay with an OS that doesn't limit my freedom.

Attached: moo2.png (640x360, 172K)

> I'll stay with an OS that doesn't limit my freedom.

What did he mean by this

lol no

Normie faggot

Attached: neofetch-2018-04-21-10-27-00-8733.png (1366x768, 305K)

No it doesn't
No you shouldn't

/thread

Okay faggots, which GNU/Linux distro I should install?
I've a crapbook with Intel Celeron and broadcom wlan.
Ubuntu - botnet/GNOME
Xubuntu - botnet/Unconfigurable xorg tearing
Debian - even Linus wasn't able to use one.
Fedora - I don't want every three month do an update
OpenSUSE - tell me about this, I've never tried this.
Arch - Xorg config shits itself
Gentoo - good luck compiling stuff on this shit.
Mint - literally Ubuntu
CentOS - I am not a fucking server
Linux From Scratch - see Gentoo
Bunsenlabs - I'm not a weeb, I'll install it only If I'll get Japanese citizenship (never)
Slackware - not really tried, but they say, that it can't into dependencies, and I don't like it.
And yeah, Fuck You, Broadcom.

Attached: torvaldsnvidia-640x424.jpg (640x424, 29K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA YEAH OKAY

Ubuntu.

Craps itself with broadcom driver with update and feels like a toy made by neet. And also a botnet. I'd rather install Windows 10 on it, than ubuntu.

Yeah, and?
>b-but muh gaymes. I need a nvidia 3000000 for playing roblox

Try Cloveros. You will love it.

Not all packages are binary for it.

You can always compile from source.

I can't, even compiling bash like takes forever on this potato.

Daily reminder that if you dont run linux with urxvt or st you shouldn't be on /geee/

Attached: 2018-04-22-114914_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 865K)

you haven't tried slackware

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.

Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?

Debian. The only reason Linus doesn't use debian is because he would need to reinstall for his whole family.

>1600x900

wtf is that distro

Shouldn't be on Jow Forums with ubuntu, OP

>what is matrix math
>what is machine learning
Things you aren't doing on your Ubuntu shitbox.

A distro i built myself. Its almost ready for release, I have just been updating the documentation, then i need to rebuild it, then i might make a torrent and create a thread about it.

How is it different to just Arch?

all of these replies and nobody noticed
>4 minute uptime
>one tab
>facebook
>reddit
It’s a false flagging wintoddler with a VM or a gamer baby who spends most of his time booted into his Windows 10 home partition but still thinks he’s a GNU/Linux user.

Judging by his hip and fashionable software stack he could also just be a newfag from /v/ who just decided to try out that “GNU+Linux thing all the cool guys are using” and now thinks he understands computers because he can write an image to a flash drive and open a terminal without shitting himself.

Nothing in that screenshot is hard to use, modern GNU/Linux is piss easy hand holding baby shit that teaches you about as much about how computers work as an iPhone unless you actually have an interest in it to begin with, at which point you can develop software and explore computing on just about any operating system as long as you aren’t a little duck who can’t comprehend anything other than the 40 year old Unix development environment.

Its not heaps different to arch other than having a curses installer, having a few programs installed, and having some preconfigured settings. Firefox has some privacy tools installed out of the box, as well as some about:config tweaks to make browser fingerprinting harder.
But its pretty much arch, it uses the arch repos. Heaps easier to install though.

It pretty much looks like this out of the box. Do you like the look of it?

Attached: Neofetch.png (1920x1080, 125K)

Looks pretty good so far and I absolutely adore the icon you made for it

Thanks. I figured, Archery is a good name because it contains the word arch, and bows resemble the shape of an arch, so it kinda fits.

I used to think like this
then I found out how fucking gay linux users are

Attached: neofetch-2018-04-21-09-25-03-29732.png (3840x1080, 1.38M)

But user, being a dick sucking faggot is fun.

I want to try builld my own distros, Arch based of course. Any advice? Should I read about LFS?

>shits on bash
>shits in streets

I was going to go the route of LFS, but the problem always comes down to the package manager. The only package manager that semi works with LFS is portage, and even that is a bit iffy.
If you wanna make an arch based distro, look into the archiso package in the community arch repo.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archiso
Its really easy to use, It takes a long time, but thats just because its trial and error.
Also, look into aibf to use as an installer, its the installer used by pacbang linux, which is just a bash script that mounts and copies the file from the iso to the selected disk.
Good luck dude.

Dick sucking faggots dont help me out with my Jow Forums request you'd see in my tabs up there
forgot to close it, but now I get to ask Jow Forums

>Ubuntu
>It's okay. I use it because the scrolling isn't shit
Supporting linux botnet is never acceptable.

Nice. Thanks, user!

No problem, user.
Any idea what DE/WM you are going to choose for your distro?

Oh yay, a screenfetch thread

Attached: screenfetch.png (1142x480, 49K)

EBIN :DD

Son of a bitch, I have to respond.

Attached: screenfethCyberianDB.png (1366x742, 34K)

i kekd too hard for this

kek

so ur using pacman?
i'll be like the clover os of arch instead of gentoo

A lot of people seem to judge others based on their distro choice but I'd say any Linux distro is just fine. We need to have a universal freedom-based standard base that can eventually satisfy freedomfags and proprietaryfags. Since Linux is already the most popular globally adopted system it should be the obvious choice.

Yeah, its arch based so pacman is the package manager.
My thread is up, talking about ArcheryOS

Nigger

Attached: cute anime pic 0015.jpg (624x623, 90K)

This.

Ops shit is fucked up.

Keked a little.

is there a way to ban the access of Window and Mac users from Jow Forums? Maybe mods can block access to anyone without a Linux distro.

Debian was difficult to install. It easier now, but the reason Torvalds doesn't use it now is because autism.

He said in the "Fuck nvidia" talk/questions thing that the reason he isnt going to change to debian is because he would have to install it on all the family computers to keep everything in sync.

weeeew lad

stay in Windows, onions

but I have a job

Gnome sucks

Heres your (you)

Attached: 2bae74e71a61ab3b32f21ce08a348135b780eaf58128df1e7d3bbc2b3ba8ce24.jpg (550x550, 60K)

Meh. I get the appeal, but, frankly, I'm too employed to worry about that shit anymore.

Windows is fucking garbage, finally switch to gnulinux and my machine runs like a dream now.

>gets triggered by nigger

>>>reddit

> Yu must use Linux if yor on /b becus u must kno about technology

>ubuntu

Attached: duh.png (344x391, 106K)

>downloads an ISO
>figures out that typing sudo apt-get and something he read about on reddit at a prompt installs it for him
>cool scientists I saw on reddit use kinda the same operating system as me on their epic supercomputers I'm literally a computer scientist guys!!!
I fucking hate GNU/Linux shills.
Nice uptime, by the way.

/thread

but i do

Attached: windows-10-suse-linux-100722350-large.jpg (700x417, 43K)

I use lubuntu on my laptop because it just werks

REEEEEEEE

informatimago.com/linux/emacs-on-user-mode-linux.html
anything more is bloat