Wow, so this is the power of propietary software

wow, so this is the power of propietary software.

wow

Attached: 2018-04-20-144250_1440x900_scrot.png (1440x900, 941K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/reduzio/status/988016746513788928
gnu.org/proprietary/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Godot
Good technology, too bad no one will use it. Just like Vulkan.

Free master race wins again. How do nonfree fags justify paying money for inferior,locked down, and malware infested software?

>realtime GI took 2 minutes
Yeah, this dude is retarded.

I seriously doubt that scene took 3 minutes in Unity. And 3 seconds is still not real time, so that's kind of stupid. How come open source programs seem to always have a chip on their shoulders trying to prove they are better than proprietary competitors? You never see Unity making comparisons to fucking godot

Also, CryEngine and Lumberyard have real time voxel GI, and between 1/60 of a second to 3 seconds there's still a long way to go for godot

Unity is really shit in a lot of ways, I'll give this a go at least.

The Unity render looks more realistic desu

why isn't the orb reflected

Because he's a complete moron and didn't drop reflection probes into the scene.
Not to mention he's comparing realtime GI to baked GI when in fact Unity has realtime GI and it's better than this shit in Godot.
My sides.

It really depends on what the materials are supposed to be, but, yeah, Godot looks very saturated and reflective, like everything is made out of colored glass.

That could be what the person was going for, though, so I don't know.

>do something as best as you can in your program
>do the same thing as bad as you can in your competitor
>claim your software is miles better
then again Unity does the same thing in their docs with Unreal Engine without naming them, so i don't give a fuck

EWW WTF WHY IS YOUR TITLEBAR FONT SO HUGE
POSTING THIS IN CAPS SO YOU READ IT YOU OLD FUCK

Definitely a rigged demo. Unity could easily do that scene in real-time if you didn't design it with the intent of being as inefficient as possible.

Fuck off godot shill, this is wrong on so many layers. Unity can render this scene in real time easily, you have no idea at all on this topic

he's using linux. linux can't into UI

>this many people don't understand how precomputed realtime GI has to be baked
that being said the actual GI bake is better in Unity - you can see the indirect illumination on the ceiling. but the Godot render has very nice reflections

Attached: 1522644337894.jpg (403x403, 22K)

>>this many people don't understand how precomputed realtime GI has to be baked
Which takes ~5 seconds for a 1km^2 scene
I would know because I do this every fucking day

Anti-Godot, pro-Unity/Unreal faggot shills coming out in full FORCE, every day more and more. THe desperation and seething rage is real.

you must be using a damn low resolution or have one hell of a cluster

What are you smoking dude? Have you used Unity even once?

yes, professionally. burden of proof is on you to show you can bake a square kilometer of a complex scene in 5 seconds. you probably don't have a single lightmap static mesh in the scene

Attached: ov_sunset.jpg (912x540, 206K)

>real-time GI
>baked
I don’t hate you for being stupid, I hate you for being a know it all retard who is also wrong

>yes, professionally.
Making toy games for /agdg/ does not count as professional use buddy.
>burden of proof is on you to show you
Burden of proof is on you to show you can't. Two can play this game.

If was like that, it would be nicer.
But the reality is that vulkan will be running constantly in 1+ billion of devices 3 or 4 years from now, but all to composite facebook faster and save on battery.

>1km^2 scene
size doesn't mean shit, you can have a large flat plane and few objects and it will be way faster than a fully fleshed out small room with 4k light maps

Godot's approach is much slower in practice iirc. It'll be interesting to see if Unity/Unreal pick up voxel GI anytime soon

I want /v/ to leave.

>considering a flat plane a scene
>lightmaps for precomputed realtime GI
Okay dude, you made a fool of yourself more than once. Enough.

>Unreal pick up voxel GI anytime soon
From their latest demos they are going the full raytracing way

If you use Godot, you're a retarded piece of shit that shouldn't be anywhere near game development.

just leave dude you're an embarrassment to this board
also i even get my shit retweeted by epic from time to time, i know a bit more than you

Regardless of the artist's intentions, the end result is that the Unity render looks better. There's more detail in it basically everywhere you look. For me, the colour gradients in the Unity render blow the other one away. This probably has a lot to do with how the Godot engine is handling reflected light. All the surfaces in the Godot render appear to be as reflective or more reflective as those in the Unity render, but based on the difference in light levels in the Godot render vs. the Unity render, it's clear that Godot is not handling reflected light correctly. That's why the area where the light source is striking directly looks saturated AF and the ceiling, for example, looks quite dark.

Maybe Unity doesn't have voxelized reflections because they could be complete shit. Also, if the Godot render did take only seconds, it's probably because it's not reflecting half the light it's supposed to.

>arguing with yourself on the internet

Attached: 1502590760663.png (800x800, 68K)

>Be mobile SOC
>Hundreds of people from diferent companies design you with the most advanced computing software
>Be created with insane precisionThat aproaches the limits of reality
>Be pinacle of human engineering
>people use you to see funny images in facebook

Go tweet at Epic your realtime lightmaps.

>make a claim
>provide no evidence
>demand that others prove it wrong

Welcome to the life of every GPU since 1999.

Now I've never used Unity or similar software, but I've used AGi32 and I find it hard to believe that you could do a lighting pass on something that large in five seconds. It took me two hours to render a modestly sized manufacturing facility that I intentionally left mostly empty to make the render faster.

Why should I care? If they are aiming for realism that missed the mark by a mile considering only a few surfaces even reflect light like shown in google's pic. Like who gives fuck, this is just some dick wagging contest at this point.

when the times are not really comparable, unity still does look better (more realistic). its like blender with and without the filmic colour space/light passes.

Hi 8ちhaん.

>Burden of proof is on you to show you can't. Two can play this game.
That's not how it works. If you make a claim you have to back it up with evidence. You cannot ask someone to prove you wrong. E.g. I can't say "There's life on Mars. Prove me wrong."

it's worked for religion pretty well so far

>so far
I don't know where you live, but in Europe the majority of 18-25yos say they are not religious. It has worked for religion so far but that is over now, because "prove us wrong" no longer works.

the memes must flow user.

Making my GNU/linux exclusive game with godot and you can't stop me. Enjoy your pajeetware

Thats cool, I'd rather make a game with not-not-python though.

>Burden of proof is on you to show you can't
Are you retarded?

I created shit that looks like this in Terragen around 2003 using an IGPU.

>"Burden of proof is on you to show you can't. Two can play this game."

>i can suck my own dick while playing a harmonica
>prove it
>proof? show me your proof that i can't!

Left has almost no bounce. Shit quality

>software x using its own default bounce/quality settings takes more that software y using a different default setting with less bounce and lowered quality

Attached: britlet.jpg (602x709, 94K)

I like the right one, but objectively, the left is better because it looks clearer.

The right is hazy, as if engulfed by a layer of fog or something. Get rid of that and it can compete.

>the left is better because it looks clearer.
Objectively wrong. Right is proper GI and left is halyard half assed "GI".

It is supposed to look like the right

I don't understand any of these 3d modeling/CG shits. How do I get into it?

>godot has 0 light bounces
>Whole point of GI is a nice light propagation
>twitter brainlet admitted to not knowing how to setup reflections in unity

Get the fuck out.

Why does it look foggy, and hazy then?

I like the right one better, but what the fuck is this transparent bullshit?

Attached: 1524358722687.png (329x232, 69K)

reflection?

>cherry picked image without the same setting for the examples

Really weak bait

>Good technology, too bad no one will use it.
I'm more concerned it gets a too big stand in the gambling industry. Those faggots will ruin it.
also
>vulkan
>nobody using it

>Also, CryEngine and Lumberyard have real time voxel GI

Let's not forget Unreal Engine.
Their talks at GDC this year were pretty bonkers.

>I don’t hate you for being stupid, I hate you for being a know it all retard who is also wrong

GI baking simply "bakes" the lighting, the GI is still simulated on objects in the scene in real time.

It just means scenes with dynamic lighting can't used baked GI.

He who controls the memes, controls the universe

By deluding themselves, as always, spouting bullshit like
>hurr durr how can filthy neets do better than a conglomerate on schedule and deadlines
The actual quality of the resulting software is ultimately what counts, I don't care if it was made by fat filthy NEETs.

Wouldn't look like that.
This looks like trancluency.

SSR, I assume.

Notice how they both render reflection of sphere incorrectly.

Seriously, there is no way the right part would reflect like that.

It looks just like another tile being seen through the pillar.

No user, you're just retarded.

FYI vulkan is shipped in current android flagships and app developers see a greater potential in the linux VR than the desktop due to less overhead and hardware build requirement.
It truly is the year of the Linux and a wonderful and interesting time to be around.

How is unity infested with malware?

twitter.com/reduzio/status/988016746513788928

UNITY BTFO

BTFO.

And? The unity one looks better.

Better shadows on the blue where the window is cut out.

Better reflections on the red.
No over-bled colors.
Beter reflections on the roof.
Less jarring skylight reflection on the ball.

You're right.
Limitation or poor implementation of SSR I guess.
But it's probably not something you'd notice in game. The Unity one still looks much better.

Large amounts of the gambling industry (think slot machines and other virtual games) have moved over to godot.

gnu.org/proprietary/

Highly reflective surfaces wouldn't scatter light like on the right.

You might need to have your eyes checked.

LXDE is hideous

>Vulkan

is a failure already, srsly fuck khronos retards

Godot is god tier desu

Attached: 1502801019941.jpg (1080x1920, 494K)

Thise surfaces aren't that reflective. You don't know what you're talking about

I don't care about the program I just want to say good dist choice!
Lubuntu 10/10

Godot is getting there but it really needs better documentation. It's a pain to learn right now.

but Unity is good, OP. Undertale was made in Unity.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with proprietary software

This. It needs UE4-tier documentation if it wants to breach the market.

>UE4-tier
UE4 documentation sucks ass actually when compared to unity. I do prefer to work with UE4 though

well, with a 7-8 inch dick you should be able to lick the tip if you aren't completely inflexible, do that enough and you will get the tip in so technically sucking

and you never specified play the harmonica well, would could attack as small straw to it and put it in your mouth, and pull air through it rather then push, or tape it to your asshole and fart, wouldn't be hard with how compressed your intestines would be.

that said I highly doubt you can

technically amd just showed off baking that is faster then that for highly complex scenes.

It's reflection.

this won't be viable for a long time, you need a stop gap that will work on most hardware.

The godot render has way too much specular reflection, the saturation is overblown, and the lighting range is poor. If you can't see that then maybe you need YOUR eyes checked.

Or maybe you just see shiny and automatically think "better". Nope, it's poorer quality. A shiny effect is cheap. Smooth diffuse reflection is expensive. Given a complex geometry like a face this would be obvious.

the unity looks more realistic imo