How does Windows manage to be the best OS available?

How does Windows manage to be the best OS available?

Attached: logo.png (334x151, 1K)

It doesn't.

Practice.

What do you mean by best... best for the use of the individual or in general or what? An operating system should be used for the functions that is wanted to be done on the hardware.

Compatibility and industry standards.

It's just the most popular OS and it's popular because it comes preinstalled.
The best OS is GNU (with Linux installed).

It's made by a talented and dedicated professional workforce.

Since it doesn't shit broadcom drivers every kernel update

Embrace, extend, and extinguish

By being viciously competitative, litigious cocksuckers. Also, by using shills like you to peddle their lies.

Compatability shouldn't ideally end up being a factor in choosing an operating system but it sadly is a fact of life. Windows will support more desktop applications although in my eyes this has still never been a very strong point since some alternatives (some without their shilling) have been satisfactory for my purposes. Please elaborate on "industry standards" as that is too vague for me to answer on.

A lot of software used in workplaces is based around Windows machines. There is alternatives but these businesses have long contracts to use specific programs which is why office PC's continue to be Windows based. They are to heavily invested into the Windows ecosystem to influence upper management to change.

>closed source
>proprietary Windows Desktop Manager
>no file system hierarchy
>forced updates
>using installers to download simple applications
>never intended to be a multiuser system
kek, what drugs are you smoking OP?

It wast the first one to present a decent UI, konw is a habit for the average consumer, but nothing last forever, there would we something that will replace it

with them Customer Throatfuck business plan, my friend

Maybe if Linux devs pooled their resources together to make one or two good distros instead of 50 redundant ones, Linux might have a chance.

no competition

Because it's the only OS that manages to do font rendering right.

Linux is two decades old and still hasn't figured out font rendering. I would permanently switch to Linux if only they could figure out how to make non-blurry fonts.

Font rendering is the one reason Linux will never be adopted by normies.

Windows used to be the best because it is actually useful and fit both personal and industry use.
Now it is just the best because there is no better option available.

Compatibility is the biggest factor.

Want to play vidya? You have 1 OS to choose from.

Need to do work? You have 1 OS to choose from.

Want to fuck around? You have infinite OS's to choose from.

I work and play vidya on linux. Kindly take your FUD and shove it up your urethra.

All other alternatives are shit.
It has the upper hand at being accessible to beginners and professionals alike.
Maintaining huge servers is much easier on Windows Server.
Gayming.
Default OS for cross-platform software development.
Has set so many standards along the years that most things different to it are objectively less efficient.
Made by professionals.
Installing drivers isn't an issue.
Chunk of de-facto software is Windows only (other chunk is OSX only).

Old people

Users are looking for simplicity and availability.
As a desktop os, windows 10 do the job.

Knowing that people don't know anything else and do not want to be pissed off to learn to use an alternative, windows will remain the most used os on pc for a long time.

By being proprietary and pay to use.

By not having any competition.

sorry dude, the world's moved on from Tux Racer

>play vidya on linux
lol

is there anyone who uses shutup10? I have tweeked all the settings I wanted in it but there are three settings which keep getting reverted and I have to manually change them again and again, what should I do to fix them

gayms, software and driver support

Don't you have a life or at least anything better to post about?

And other things that still haven't happened.

none, don't bother because op has already left the thread
in fact op only starts shill threads and leaves them to implode, as long as he gets his pay, any publicity is good publicity

Very shortly if you do things like this microsoft will revoke your windows key.

install gentoo faggot
windows changes your settings at a whim and there's nothing you can do about it