C#

Guys now I have no argument for not using c# and .NET :c

>C# is as portable and robust as Java
>dotnet core tools are CLI based
>Visual Studio code its as fast as my vim
>C# has an API as rich and clean as Java with less boilerplate verbose code.
>You can deploy software into normieOS without make them install extra shit
>Entity framework its less shitty than hibernate

Attached: images.png (225x225, 2K)

Do you actually have a job or do you just play around with different languages to blogpost on Jow Forums?

C# is not as portable as Java.. dotnet core still misses lots of libraries. Why bother?

because our team leader started asking us to refactor a project to C# :c, our client standards want it that way.

In the case you don't need those missing libraries, why not use the better language?

.NET core is still very lacking. Don't assume just because it's MS that it's all grade-A stuff.

As someone who actually have to support and develop netcore stuffs, they still have a long way to go but they are on the right track.

EF for example still sometimes goes for an inefficient way of calling multiple related tables into an object.

Made the switch years ago thanks to entering the professional world. Haven't missed anything from Java at all honestly. That language is only still alive due to its ecosystem. Kotlin is a worthy successor and C# is already the enterprise-level successor.

CLR does need improvement and it is my main issue with all of .NET beyond some bloat (common with all OOP, really), but they are on the right track. There's even a growing subset of users in tech who prefer PS to Bash now. It's amazing if not weird to see.

Everything you say is false. Also being as good as Java is not something to be proud of.

I feel bad for people who dislike c# and .net for ideological reasons. It's really easy to be productive.

I know what I am talking about, you just say what you think.

nice microsoft shilling thread you got there m8

so dotnet core has not CLI tools and vscode doesn't open instantaneously?, you haven't even try it .

I am using it on GNU/Linux

use kotlin and JVM, thank me later

>You can deploy software into normieOS without make them install extra shit
bullshit.

go home, Miguel de Icaza, you are drunk

Let's be honest here, .NET 2.0 hits 99.9% of all relevant platforms and for many things does so in a far more modern and palatable way than Java. Spring's still pretty nice to deal with (other than "having" to use Java), but Java has a surprising amount of holes when it comes to non-enterprise stuff.

lol what is wrong with you denying the facts?

Only these are correct:
>CLI base
>C#>Java
Everything else is bogus.
.NET is excellent.
.NET core, however, is still infantile and cannot be compared to Java's ecosystem.

show me how to run C# code in android, or in linux in an ARM system, without having to install anything else.

or just stop shilling and kys

Facts from years ago.

really nigga?
xamarin, and mono runs good on my pi idk what you talking about.

>.NET core, however, is still infantile and cannot be compared to Java's ecosystem.
I don't know, depends on what you're comparing it to. I certainly wouldn't trust it for something as grimy and awkward as an end-user application. But it's more than adequate and has comparable if not better performance for a nice clean sanitized server deployment on some cloud hosting service like all companies use these days.

omg , the memes about the jobless Jow Forums fags are real.

I just shit my pants and my asshole burns

>the dotnet core meme
Nobody is fucking using this. Almost all .NET development is done with the traditional .NET frameworks. If MS wanted widespread adoption of this, they should've released this 15 years ago because now it's too late. There's too much competition in the open source world for this to gain traction.

My company is certainly using it.

lol

can't even find the difference :\ all nuget packages werks and everything is CLI comfyness on here.

Any particular reason you find that funny?

I assume your company uses a full MS stack, right?

mono/xaramin is severly incomplete

if it's anything like the webforms VB.NET shit I have to deal with at work, the fuck no.

But I have heard C# isn't too bad.

Eh.... I mean us back-end guys are using Visual Studios (I can't imagine using any other software with .NET core; it would be terribly painful), but we not deploying to Azure or anything and our front and middle guys certainly aren't on Microsoft products.

Same here.
ASP.net core restful web API running on centos.
Android + IOS xamarin app.

Microsoft needs a real competitor to Graal VM. If they don't do that, they'll be left in the dust.

do you recommend me to use ASP or just make basic REST APIs and call them throught JS ?

>using any other software with .NET core
visual studio core its nice, I am surprised how fast it opens instantaneously and the vim plugin its nice too.

You should know there are many IOS and Android apps developed on xamarin, also many games developed on mono.

That's true but its still pretty decent and will improve much faster than other languages

The holy grail is to have .NET core be widely adopted on systems that otherwise don't use MS technology (Linux in particular). This isn't happening.

The holy grail is to be able to run services written in .NET on lowest bidder Linux virtualization services. This is happening.

It's implemented well enough in Linux to be able to be deployed seamlessly (although, admittedly, bloated in the same way that Java is bloated) on Linux servers. That's all the business world cares about.

We're using JS on our web front end (Angular).

Not true.
>dotnet core tools are CLI based
Good for you. You're finally getting with the times and CI/CD.
>Visual Studio code its as fast as my vim
Even if that's true, why would I use a half-assed IDE when I can just go all out with something like IntelliJ?
>C# has an API as rich and clean as Java
LOL. There's 7 ways to do the same thing, and only one of them works half the time.
By "rich", you mean a fuckton of methods -- which don't work
And I don't know what the fuck you mean by clean because there is close to ZERO documentation on your flaming pile of shit.
>You can deploy software into normieOS
Well I certainly would hope that it does work on Windows, seeing that it will never work on Linux.
>Entity framework its less shitty than hibernate
Children! Children! You're both just fucking awful.png
Hibernate is shit too.
Spring is maybe, possibly tolerable, but Java EE is not a competitive advantage of Java to begin with.
It's like Python pointing at C and saying "at least I have Django"

Can someone spoonfed me the C#/.NET ecosystem layout? Last time I tried to use VS and hit "start a new project", the amount of various options almost gave me a fucking panic attack. ie what the fuck is Mono?

Attached: 1517730057887.jpg (1199x1005, 177K)

No single person understands the ecosystem in it's entirety

>Java has a surprising amount of holes when it comes to non-enterprise stuff.
Java shouldn't be used outside being a backend. .NET is also trash and barely cover any "relevant" platforms.

I think Mono is basically Xamaran? Which is basically a system that tries to deploy C# to various mobile devices in GUI format?

Well, anyway, what are you trying to make? The thing about practical .NET is that it tries to custom-tailor stuff. So that if you're trying to make a container to be deployed to some online service, the lifecycle is going to look pretty different than something you just want to run on a local machine. And this can be a bit offputting, no arguments here.

>using xamarin when flutter.io gonna BTFO all "crossplatform" toolchain

I agree with you entirely but also find that to be very unfortunate. Where DOES someone who is looking for a library/language that is aimed at deploying to as many PC environments as possible go to? I mean there are certainly some C++ options, but they require a lot of work (in addition to having to deal with C++).

> Comparing text editors with IDE.
> Being this retarded.

c# with .net core or mono works just fine on Windows, OSX, Linux, IOS, Android and consoles.

Free Pascal.

>Comparing text editors with IDE
>Not seeing that this was my point

Attached: 1522031936136.jpg (342x364, 51K)

>Guys now I have no argument for not using c# and .NET :c
This bait gets good but what about performance?

Attached: 1505606074699.png (485x443, 32K)

it's a patent trap

>visual studio

y i k es

It is a well-demonstrated fact that in the cases that C# can perform that it performs as well and in some cases better than Java. So the real dispute becomes about the cases where .NET Core just doesn't work. Or if anyone actually thinks that Java is better as a language (does anyone honestly think that?)

How do i get started with see sharp?

What language does this use?

If you're someone that was taught first in C++ then moved to Java then you already know C#. If you're not that, then good god, I'm old. Do people even learn code these days? How much is a moon pie worth in gold?

>Powershell over bash
Yes, i've also seen the gif with the guy who hammer nails into his balls.