>FM radio
>IR blaster
>MicroSD slot
>Fingerprint sensor
>Amazing manual camera with wide angle lenses
>Best in class HiFi microphones
>Best in class quad DAC with support for 600ohm devices

>Mod stereo speakers via mixer xml file
>Mod second screen to function as a notication bar, essentially making the phone an 18:9 screen
>Throw in a 10800MAh battery for 3 day battery life

Is this the Thinkpad of phones Jow Forums? Does any other phone on the market pack as many hardware features?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-21-21-03-12.png (1440x2720, 2.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

download.lineageos.org/us996
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>4GB RAM
>Qualcomm chips
revolting

What phone is it?

What phone is it?

LG V20

And before anybody says it, the V20 doesn't have any bootloop issues.

How is the LineageOS support?

>Amazing manual camera
Stop lying. That camera was BTFO before the phone was even released.

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_att1020.png (521x294, 136K)

>LG V20
$150? show me where i can buy it for $150

>No wireless charging

virgin phone

Yea boy. LG V20 for lyfe.

Not sure, I'm using superV20

I didn't say the best, but it is up there.

eBay

The back is replaceable, just buy a wireless charging compatible one

>The back is replaceable, just buy a wireless charging compatible one

Nice cope

>eBay
>Fake phone is cheaper
Who would have told.

you forgot

>updates: never again

fuck that shit.

>the V20 doesn't have any bootloop issues
Yes it does

If you can build AOSP/LineageOS on it without problem, and will continue to do so for the next 6 years I'll consider buying it.

>5,7"
No thanks. I'll stick with my lg g2 for another year.

Mine is genuine and was in pristine condition

>He doesn't flash his own ROMs

No it doesn't. The bootloop was caused by 808/810 SoCs.

I miss my G2.
Digitizer died on it and a new one was as much as a new phone of equal caliber. That phone had a bunch of nice ROMs and a few kernels at the time.

Yeah digitizer is iffy when the phone is charging but other than that its still good and lineage os is snappy as ever. I can't believe we didn't get new 5" phone with small bezels since then. All phones these days are either gigantic or have huge chins or missing things like headphone jack.

I got mine used from ebay for $154.

I have this phone. OP, how did you mod the second screen to act as a notification bar?

>used
>I bought it for 150 therefore everyone can

My G3 bootlooped and it had an 801. It's their awful manufacturing standards.

>targeted to audiophools
>5h SoT
>no physical keyboard
>LG
It's shit.

This happened in the Jow ForumsAndroid discord

Attached: 1507827362786.png (378x1000, 170K)

>get LG phone
>flash own rom
>everything is fucking broken other than the basic shit
>might as well be using a nexus 5 at this point
t. Used to own a LG G3

I have the lg v20 and you're hyping it way too hard.
The ONLY reason I bought it was because of the removable battery. I'm using the zerolemon 10k mah battery.

However, you have to be on a very early firmware to root depending on carrier. I actually had to hunt in the stores 1-by-1 before finally finding a store that had it on the J release firmware for T-mobile.

The phone isn't the fastest really anymore.
I have a note 8 and s9 courtesy of my job, but I won't use them as my daily due to not having a removable battery.

the s9 and note 8 FLY compared to this phone.

the LGV20 MIGHT get 8.0, and who knows when that will hit.

I tried lineage on it, but found it buggy and the camera becomes worthless on it.

I ended up going back to stock and stayed on the firmware that i can flash TWRP on.

you can go to the latest modem/firmware while retaining TWRP/root, but you have no ability go back. So if for whatever reason you lose TWRP or something goes wrong, you are stuck with an unrootable device.

I'm not super unhappy with my LGv20, but it could be SO SO MUCH BETTER.

I feel like this is the last phone with a removable battery though. Every manufacturer has gotten on the water proof train instead.

For me, having a 10k mah battery (or easily swappable) is a necessity. I like not having to worry about recharging my phone in a 24 hour period. It's nearly impossible to do so with this battery and I get about 5 days of run time with it.

>$150
Literally where?

$150

Fucking lies

Can I get that link to buy it user?

Eh. I'd rather get a galaxy s9 for $0 down and $30/mo ($720 total) through my carrier and get:
Exynos 9810 octacore cpu
4GB RAM
64GB storage + expandable through microSD
5.8" OLED @ 1440x2960
12MP rear camera, 8MP front camera
3,000mAh battery (all batteries are replaceable if you're not retarded)
FM Radio
Water resistant
Decent custom ROM support if you hate touchjizz

Also, it looks really sleek, feels great in hand, and is overall a really nice phone. Going to pick mine up today after deliberating for two days over whether or not I truly need a new phone when my moto g5+ works great, and if the extra $5/mo vs S8 is really worth it with such a small difference between S8 and S9, but since lenovo keeps delaying the official 8.0 release for G5+ for no damn reason, I decided fuck it, gimme dat S9

post the link you faggot and it better not be refurbished

Attached: 1521488724427.png (255x255, 122K)

the lg v20 is $400
fuck off

Get an immersive mode mod that only turns off the notification bar. Then under the LG settings turn on "Use second screen to display time and notifications while media is playing".

Several ebay stores are selling mint condition v20s. Yywireless is one of them. All around $150.

The bootloop issue was on Qualcomm's end. I had a 5x die on me. Anything with an 808 or 810 burns it's cores out. I don't know what happened to your G3 though.

What happened to it?

Sounds like user error.

Mine is an updated T-Mobile variant and I rooted with no issues at all.

And I never claimed it was the fastest, but an 820 is plenty. With stock software this phone is slow. And 8.0 is confirmed by Tmobile.

Use super v20 instead, it has perfect compatibility with mine. It has most mods you want and keeps what LG tweaks you want.

Only thing I don't like about the V10 is how they ditched the V10 and g3 design of keeping the buttons on the back
I'm still using my g3 and as stupid as it sounds it's one of the main things keeping me from getting a new phone, that and the fact that with aosp extended this thing still has top notch speed
It doesn't beat new flagships, but it is as fast as new mid range phones

>the V20 doesn't have any bootloop issues.

Wew lad

Attached: IMG_20180422_154513.jpg (1033x896, 127K)

Are you fucking retarded bro?

Bootloop is a general term that Android isn't starting. These people just fucked up their ROMs.

The LG bootloop issue was due to the SD 808 and 810 burning it's "big" cores out. Preventing Android from starting.

You can literally look up "bootloop x phone" and get results. It's like a BSoD on Windows. It can be hardware or software.

>forced to install his own ROMs because no support

just get a Nokia or an iPhone bro

If you have an Android phone without at least using a custom ROM (rooting is optional) then you are limiting yourself significantly.

It is as essential as reformatting windows on an OEM laptop.

maybe back in 2012 or if you use a piece of shit samsung, but vanilla android just werks and has a lot of customization available even without rooting.

>tfw le eco le pro 3 elite for 100$

Official LOS 15.1 support and working google pixel camera apks.

LG sucks btw.

>user error
>shitty camera quality
>fucky double tap to wake
>Other myriad of broken shit that works fine on the stock rom
LG shill confirmed, go fuck yourself

The screen fades out and is unfixable with a motherboard swap it
A lot of G3s had it

Is there official LOS for it? If not it's already obsolete ans abandoned.

Yes, for every variant. Second screen doesn't work yet though.

download.lineageos.org/us996

>Qualcomm
Enjoy your hardware backdoor, homo

Half the shit I have done to my phone isn't possible without root.

The camera app on the V20 is vastly Superior to the Pixel's

The camera on the V20 is made for manual mode, if you want to point and shoot go spend $1k on an iPhone basedboy.

Anything with a baseband processor has a hardware backdoor.

Except manual mode doesn't work when you're on an aosp rom you double nigger
Stop trying to explain me my previous phone

do not buy LG products
they like to dump heat right into the display assembly and it will eventually start ghost touching with random parts of the screen not working at all

>Picks shit ROM with no support
>Blames phone
Hmm

Seriously, why didn't you use MegaROM or it's successor superV20?

I'll watch out for that.

>cyanogenmod was a shitty no name rom
>resurrection remix is a shitty no name rom
>aicp or whatever was a shitty no name rom
Be honest my guy, are you a shill?

You are putting words into my mouth. I said it doesn't support the v20, thus making it a shitty rom choice.

I mean, why get the phone if you want to throw software on it that disables most of the unique features of the phone?

I have the h918.

>screen retention unless you install kcal
>RTCD means you need to fuck with the kernel if you root
>does not fast charge with the screen on unless you fuck with system files, and even then limited to 1a
>performance capped during charging
>sluggish considering what the hardware specs are
>eats batteries under heady daily use, they last about 1year for me until i started limiting charging to 85%
>latest version was unrootable until a few weeks ago, so not huge development wise
>all the gimmicks, second screen, dac, mics, multiple camera, etc are unusable in asop/lineage afaik
>they do bootloop, but very very rare, i got mine bootlooped from LG for 150. Sent it in for repair and lg replaced the nand.
>no real wireless charging, does not have the hardware for it.

Overall not bad, but not great. If i could have a pixel with a removable battery id choose tart instead

Forgot to add

>lol 8.0 update when?

costs about 650 ameribucks where i live, new
epic

Link a single store where I can buy one new for $150

This Fuck off retard

>Bitches about image retention, yet wants an OLED phone
>Bitches about replacing his battery 1 year in when other phones don't even give you the option
>Bitches about a specific rom not being compatible when superv20 is superior for the device in every way
>Calls every useful feature on the phone a gimmick
>Every phone bootloops

>product details but without the product name
>"is this the best phone of (current year)?!!!" clickbait
>"what is the product" posted by OP
>"epic" reveal to gather attention
Fucking kys you paid shill

My father has a V20
>Battery lasts less than a virgin's first time
>Lags randomly
>Audio jack stops working randomly
>Overheats in idle
>Screen burn-in even though it's not an OLED
The only good thing is the camera, it's really good, but the rest is just a pile of shit.
Buy a Redmi Note 4, the only thing you'll miss is a good camera

This is shilling.

IPS screens can't burn in bro. You are thinking of image persistence which is not permanent.

And every other thing you mention has not happened to me in the slightest. Maybe he has a defective unit?

I've had my V20 since December 2016 and it's still a great phone

G5 SE here

1K AUD here :(

>shills on Jow Forums
What else is new?

Good, what is it? My crystal ball broke last week.

>Best in class quad DAC with support for 600ohm devices
Can't even drive the HD800 properly.

I bought one and I really like it so far.

Camera quality is almost always worst on custom roms.
Dt2w and the other shit seems to be a rom issue.

>image persistence which is not permanent
Honestly I don't know, it seems to stay there even after the battery died and the screen has been off for a couple hours
>defective unit
I don't think so, I found lots of people on the internet complaining about the same issues
At least it doesn't bootloop (yet), his G4 bootlooped after half a year, and it also had the same issues, like my old G3
He knows LG sucks, but he wants to feel like a cool kid and buys LG flagships because of the ridiculous street price. He's obviously envious of my Redmi 4 Prime's 2 day battery life, performance, and lack of issues, especially because I bought it for €140, which is €210 less than his V20 price

>microSD
>shitty jewgle play ignores your 1TB SD to cram all your apps and shit onto the small amount of storage that comes with the phone.

what's even the fucking point of having SD if you can't install onto it without fucking with root?

HD800 are 300-600Ohms.

Turning it off won't fix it. You need to flash the screen with a video, or just turn the brightness down for a while.

And I like I have said, I haven't had any of those problems happen. If I did, I wouldn't have made this thread.

Can confirm, posting from V20 right now. GOAT phone.

DESU there are pins to support wireless charging and LG even announced that they will release a wireless charging backcover but because of muh metal back and it didn't sell as much as expected, they never released it.

>And before anybody says it, the V20 doesn't have any bootloop issues.
Deluded LGniggers keep parroting this, nevermind that LG had to settle in court because of bootloop issue on a variety of phones V20 included.
Fucking scum trying to trick people into buying a defective phone.

>The bootloop issue was on Qualcomm's end. I had a 5x die on me. Anything with an 808 or 810 burns it's cores out.
Holy fucking shit, this shill really thinks that people are retarded enough to think that only LG had 808 and 810.

Hey OP, I have a V20 running LOS only because I can use it without gapps. Does the stock ROM base (Super V20) require gapps to be installed or is it safe to remove google play services via a root uninstaller and not lose compatibility?

never mind, installed it and i'm instantly restoring my LOS backup. the screen burn-in on this ROM is godawful and it comes bloated with a ton of google dependencies already. i recommend just switching to LOS personally, never had any problems and it was fast as fuck

I have a G5 and everything works on LineageOS 14.1 except for NFC

>IR Blaster
Surely this is only for amerifats, no other adults are still being cucked into watching TV? Or are there any interesting uses of IR blaster then can't be achieved with the plethora of radio wave or voice technologies?

I don't believe the OP phone of those specs. What is the operating system like? Having Android apps on mobile is a mature and rich market that suits its use case.

I'd also want bluetooth 5.0 + LE if the DAC is so great, for the best quality wireless headphones. USB C port would be appreciated.

>$150
yeah right

Attached: v20.png (789x1305, 286K)

>no other adults are still being cucked into watching TV

>Everyone likes watching media content on a tiny phone screen. Only cucks use a large screen that has features that can be "controlled" from across the room with a "remote."

inb4, >I need to control everything from South America via the Internet

The LG V20 doesn't have the bootloop issue. The only thing the V20 is affected by is using bad USB C chargers which fry the motherboard. Most USB C devices have this issue and the V20 was just thrown into the lawsuit cause "bootloop" is a common term use by uninformed normies.

The real bootloop phones would heat up and loosen up the solder on the PSU with the motherboard, or the CPU cores burn themself out.

I have an LG Nexus 5X and it bootlooped. There is a known fix that if you disable the big cores that it "fixes" the phone.

Bluetooth doesn't use the phone's DAC, it is a digital signal. And the V20 is type C.

LG makes pure fucking shit, the G3 is the worst phone that I have ever owned.

Why hasn't this garbage fucking shill thread been deleted yet?

>oversized
>primarily used by 300 pound pretentious shitters with cargo shorts and a receding hairline
i guess it is