Anybody in here miss Windows 95?

Attached: 95.png (803x601, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cMSdaPTuV8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don’t miss 640x480.

that's god's chosen resolution you CIA nigger

Attached: cianigger.png (500x532, 671K)

Attached: windows 95 in 4k.png (3840x2160, 60K)

Nah, Window XP was better. Or 2000.

Having used Windows 95 and 98 when they were released, no.

Win98 2nd edition all the way

The only people who miss 95 are faggots who are just nostalgic for it because they used it as a kid and didn't know anything better.

The only reason NT didn't absolutely curb stomp it was because of shitty insecure software like games that couldn't run in a proper operating system.

i don't miss windows 95, i miss all the free time i had as a kid

nostalgia for things and nostalgia for less responsibilities often intersect

Just the midi songs that were included with it. Canyon was GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=cMSdaPTuV8E

Attached: 69f.jpg (354x286, 14K)

I used Win 95 back in the day. Yeah compared to today it looks primitive. But at the time it was a milestone, big jump over DOS/Windows 3.x before it. Also compared to today, function ruled over flash visual gimmicks. It also took up only 100 Meg to install it. (Think about that for a sec, a whole os only using 100 megabytes). Sadly. even though today os uses 16 GB and flash shit is out the ass, the stuff we do with a computer ain't really changed any. We still game the same, use office the same, internet and e-mail is still the same to. I think MS should've really gone back to the basics with newer windows. But that's just me.

chasing mobile and tablet seems to be smart thing

they just aren't doing it very well imo

Hmm, looks kinda the same to me. (Win 95 & Win 7). Lets see; Windows 95 (100 Meg/16MB ram) - Windows 7 (16GB/2GB ram). Desktop = Almost the same on both. Windows Ten = Really fucks things up.

Attached: Win95&Win7.jpg (774x1061, 206K)

The sad part is that Windows still sucks at high-DPI scaling.

I loved Windows 95. Then I was forced to update to Windows 2000, and things just weren't the same. IIRC a lot of support for shit on 95 was lost with 2000.

bump for nostalgia, i went from a tandy with a tv coax to a pentium 120 with vga, wolfenstein and weezer, good times, stealing compuserve numbers, and bbs boards muuuuh anarchist cookbuuuuk i is haxorrrrr du gibsum

you forgot
Windows 95 (primitive, unstable single-user DOS hack with zero security or memory protection, barely ran on even most two year old systems when it was released)
Windows 7 (modern, multi-user operating system with numerous security enhancements, memory caching, graphical enhancements like image previews and font smoothing, sane filesystem searching, error logging, networking that isn't an afterthought, etc, ran most systems made in the last five years)

Lots of old DOS-era software depended on direct hardware access that competent operating systems that actually gave a shit about security and proper memory management wouldn't allow for.

>You can use Windows Explorer to see all the files on your computer.

Attached: iwnaot.gif (500x282, 2.59M)

I miss the classic Windows shell. I don't miss Windows 9x.
>bluescreens everywhere
>no memory protection so bad code fucked your entire OS
>cybersecurity at the time was installing a bunch of AVs and firewalls together and hope they don't war with each other
>plug and play was still new, so a lot of hardware still required several reboots to get working
>USB not entirely standard yet, so proprietary expansion cards were the standard
>Win95 shipped without a TCP/IP stack because Bill Gates went apeshit that the World Wide Web was built on a NeXT computer (aka a Mac that Steve Jobs built during his exile from Apple)
>wintel alive and well, so good luck running code on non-IBM like processors

win3.x/95 era was the absolute peak of non-Wintel systems as competitors to PCs, what the fuck are you on about?
>multiple efforts to push NT on MIPS, Alpha and PowerPC that usually included compatibility layers (at least Alpha with FX!32)
>68k and PowerPC on Macintosh that ran many of the same commercial staples as Windows systems along with their own rich home-grown software base
>Amigatards still keeping their dead shitboxes alive way past their expiration dates with current development
>golden age of SysV Unices with rich commercial software bases
>all of these non-Wintel platforms actually had tangible advantages in some way rather than just a different sticker on the same chinese case

Windows server 2003 here

My friend you need to understand the the majority of this board wasn't even a twinkle in their father's eye when Windows 95 was current.

no

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x1024, 403K)

i was about 3 months old when win95 went RTM

fuck thats some good shit. I wish I could afford half that gear

>using anything but 640x480

Attached: Untitled.png (640x480, 158K)

>>>/tumblr/

I want that Jow Forums theme

>640x480
overkill

Attached: a.png (320x240, 48K)

I do.
Win 9x is still the "default" look I associate with computer GUIs.