/lit/ is making a videogame

Is a fighting game with grug versions of philosophers as characters.

Attached: game characters.png (3472x3262, 3.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_Cleansing_(video_game)
docs.google.com/document/d/1FFGIZAOnFJkA-k8YzRyhWCYvdQNnekY0Ofd9_gMzZzE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1FFGIZAOnFJkA-k8YzRyhWCYvdQNnekY0Ofd9_gMzZzE/edit#
github.com/Anon86009/PhilosophyFightingGame
docs.google.com
gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sounds unpleasant

this is grug

Attached: grug.png (645x729, 145K)

I'll make the logo

What a stupid idea

I will critique the logo

Shouldn't it be a text adventure, or at least a visual novel?

Attached: the-magnetic-scrolls-collection_4.gif (640x480, 23K)

How will we fite each other then

I dont think they know such things exist.

>/lit/ is making a videogame
Are they really? Or are they in the "ideas" stage?

idea stage. At least it's not Jow Forums, so they might pass the logo stage

I doubt that /lit/ can program better than Jow Forums, though.

Why should we care??

btw kill yourself

actually, if it's game creation, I don't mind seeing that in Jow Forums. That can be a good thing to talk about programming, algorithms, etc.
/vg/ have a thread for game programming but irrc it's mostly meme games using game engines

I think /lit/ can read books and stuff

Reading is easy. You want "understanding".

pretty shitty concept for a game
they should look at this gentoomens creation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_Cleansing_(video_game)

May i join the project? Im more of an idea guy but if i get more than 55% of the profits i can share my. wisdom

I will critique your criticism

I doubt that Jow Forums can program better than /lit/, though.

Hey guys! I am the original poster of the /lit/ thread on this. Someone there posted a link to this thread, so I thought I would check it out, and post some replies. First though, there seems to be some confusion about what I am wanting to make. It was originally going to be a fighting game, but was not intended to use the grug versions of philosophers, but rather just pixelated versions.

It would be appreciated. I have a doc posted open for commenting, that will likely be the best way to post any contributions. Link will be at the end of this reply.
Your criticism is appreciated.
Sounds good, mate.
I am not sure exactly what I will do at this point. Originally it was going to be a fighting game as I thought that would be funny, but I found something similar called "filosofight" I believe, so I may resort to something else. If I decide against a fighting game, it will probably end up as a classic rpg.
They do not, I can confirm.
Ideas stage.
I don't know about that. So far I have no actual support, and just people talking about their favorite philosophers.
Posting on /lit/ originally was a mistake. As mentioned I have received a lot of suggestions, but no contributions. This certainly is not their forte.
I fail to see why this is not technology related.
This guy gets it.
Basically yeah.
I'll consider something closer to this and get back to you.
I doubt there will be any profits at all. If you want to contribute ideas just post them on the /lit/ thread and I might see them.
Nice contribution. Very needed.

Again, if any of you can conribute at all it would be appreciated. I can dev but artist and music is pretty difficult for me. If others do these I can release a demo weeks sooner.

Google Doc:
docs.google.com/document/d/1FFGIZAOnFJkA-k8YzRyhWCYvdQNnekY0Ofd9_gMzZzE/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: Neech.jpg (1680x1264, 41K)

Do you already have a github online for logo making?

They only pretend to be literate like we only pretend to know coding.

Attached: wojack-jacks-fan.gif (236x224, 1.78M)

Github project posted, but currently empty. I probably will not have much time to work on this until midweek. If you want to contribute or stay posted here are the links:
Doc: docs.google.com/document/d/1FFGIZAOnFJkA-k8YzRyhWCYvdQNnekY0Ofd9_gMzZzE/edit#
Github: github.com/Anon86009/PhilosophyFightingGame
/lit/: Jow Forums:

Attached: plato_360x450.jpg (580x720, 71K)

Are you gonna use a game engine or from scratch?

>docs.google.com
gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html

/lit/ can't do anything other than masturbating over centuries old books

easiest thing to do is use mugen as a base

I fail to see how this is related.

Is that... is that fucking Moldbug at the bottom center?

Where is the females?

Under consideration. Will get back to you by Tuesday. Likely be an engine but I am not sure.
I do not see a reason to not include him.
DLC

Doc: docs.google.com/document/d/1FFGIZAOnFJkA-k8YzRyhWCYvdQNnekY0Ofd9_gMzZzE/edit#

Yeah, also the second to the right on the bottom row I'm pretty sure is Varg.

And where's ol' Nick?

If it's going to be a humorous game then add Hoppe or some other ancap philosopher with tactical nuke abilities.

Also, I can contribute with pixel art, if you're going to use that, I can't draw though.

Attached: 1480833808107[1].jpg (740x740, 110K)

>classic rpg
Oh god yes, that would be a great /lit/ game.

They actually have done 5 books. all about shitposting about their own literature memes.

Notice anything? It's more advanced than any Jow Forums project has ever been.

That or a text adventure would be ideal for a /lit/ inspired game.

Not really. We do not have a logo yet

who maining Alex Jones here?

/lit/ would be better off making a tabletop RPG instead of a video game. At least they'd be able to put their literary skills to better use.

use godot
make it gplv3

GPLv3 or fuck it.

Attached: 0f2109add79d7a6874efe02d3f1dfd93cc5535a41664f06c07fa69f126345c5b.png (645x773, 89K)

MPL best PL

I do not see a reason to not include ancap. As far as the art, please. I have not heard from an artist yet. Would you be willing to make up a sprite sheet for one of the characters I have selected for the demo? Pick anyone with both special moves from the list in the doc.
Thanks for the feedback!
Lol. First I've heard of that.
We have not gotten very far. No work has been done yet outside of the ideas.
I do not want to do a text adventure. It sounds lame.
Sounds lame.
I am leaning that way at this point. I already downloaded Godot. I have never used it before. I will see how it will work and get back to you on this.
Let me get back to you.

Quick reminder that anything found within the public domain can be used as an asset.

Update: I decided on Godot. As far as licensing I am not sure but I am leaning towards MPL.

GPLv3 or get out of Jow Forums

>I am leaning towards MPL
Good. Be sure to use a Creative Common license for the assets.
Gno.

Whatever the lisence it is really just best to get it out of the way and start making and taking on actual tasks. The sooner we get to an actual product the better.

Make an irc channel.
I cannot contribute at all but I want to shitpost.

>irc
matrix

This.

I second the idea

No, IRC is the best idea here, we not all have matrix but IRC is easy to get into

make a mod for PES

Shitty dating sim tier thing no doubt.

Katawa Tetsugaku-sha