Should I do it, Jow Forums?

Should I do it, Jow Forums?

Attached: galaxy tab s3.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/asus-zenpad-z8s-7-9-tablet-16gb-wi-fi-4g-lte-verizon-wireless-black/5900986.p?skuId=5900986
samsung.com/us/mobile/tablets/galaxy-book/galaxy-book-10-6--windows-2-in-1-pc--wi-fi---silver-sm-w620nzkbxar/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, end it all.

Do you know you want a tablet and have $550 to blow? Most people are better off with just a smart phone.

kk ty

It's $400 at Costco, and my Note 8 isn't big enough for optimal never-leave-bed Chinese girl cartoon viewing

Wait for Google I/O and buy the latest Chromebook to get ripped off at the top of the cycle.

android tablets are ded

Attached: Google gives up on tablets Android P marks an end to its ambitious efforts to take on Apple's i (850x9985, 3.6M)

What about chrome OS on a tablet. I have seen one of those lately

No the ipad 2018 costs less even with the pen and the battery is better, cpu faster, soft less glitchy.
You only buy an android tablet if dirt cheap and you are broke af like Tab E T560 which is like 110usd now.

They are very expensive.

I do caution you that you can get a pretty decent tablet (from ASUS [not picking cherries, just the one I happen to have] or any number of other makers) at something more like $200 that can do streaming no problem. But the problem is that the only standard that exists in the Android software world is the Samsung Standard, so if you got some program/game you absolutely need to run, then you're best just sticking to an overpriced Samsung.

Sorry for semi-hijacking this thread, but I'm looking to get a tablet specifically for reading manga because even a 6" screen on a phone is way too small and inconvenient.
Can I somehow open zipped manga on an iPad? Android tablets seem to be very shitty.

ASUS is on Mediatek it will eat your battery up if you just browse.

OP here, this is also relevant to my interests

Literally nothing better today
>AMOLED screen, blacker than nigger blacks
>pen without recharging unlike applel
>pen actually functions as a cursor too
>thin and light as fuck
>multiwindow on all apps
>transfer and torrent any and all kinds of content so fucking easily (the most important part)
And not to mention all those stuff that comes from rooting too

Autism.

Oh, definitely. Mine's a battery-eater alright. But the strange thing it it lasts a decently long time if you're doing something heavy, but it will barely last any longer if you're not doing anything at all. Just one of its quarks, I guess, so depends on how much you use it.

Depending your use case, it might be overkill to buy Tab S3.
I have the 10.1" Tab A 2017 and it's very good for media consumption and light gaming.

I've owned a Tab S2 since 2015.
It still holds up great.
Overkill for reading but it's super bright, thin, lightweight and has good battery life.

>there will never be a Nexus 7 3
>there will only be xboxhueg tablets with either walmart tier chinkspecs or overpriced meme features like HDR

Attached: 687474703a2f2f33372e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f6466623162663532396466343439376664653330316162 (245x230, 356K)

>calling the tablet PC a copy of the radically different Newton when it's just a rehash of the early '90s pen computing meme that itself originated from niche DOS tablets in the late '80s

What can Jow Forums recomend for note-taking?
So far OP's tablet is the only one I have tried that doesnt suck.

Go for it op

Attached: 30422196_298391437362239_2047576981_n.jpg (720x885, 37K)

Really, no, Android is garbage on tablets. in fact it's so shit google are dropping support for android tablets going forwards. So expect tablet friendly apps to dry up.

Get one of those new iPads or inexpensive Windows tablet.

get an e-reader

galaxy tab s2 8.0 is my favorite manga reader.
load up tachiyomi on it and it's rootable.

also, i would have bought the s3 if it came in a 8 inch form factor. sadly, they stopped at 10 which is pretty big if you're holding it.

Tab S3 owner here. It's a nice tablet, the pen is wonderful even just for general usability.

But honestly, Android isn't very good on tablets. 'Windowed' apps are a shitty fucking gimmick, because as soon as they aren't focused they're put into their passive "running in the background" state.
Want to watch a video in a small window while using a browser or something similar ? I guess that's the one thing you can actually do with this. You're not going to have your group IMs like Discord or whaterver running in a window while focusing on something else, because that window is going to stop updating until you actively focus on it.
It's shit. I wanted to like this "desktop-like multitasking" that Android supposedly had, but no, it's shit.

But hey aside from the OS not being geared towards tablets or any sort of productivity, it's a nice tablet. The speakers in it sound pretty alright for what they are, too. Quite bearable to watch the news or something on.

tachiyomi is about the only reason to favor an android tablet over an iOS tablet. Apple has a much better market of hardware, speakers, and general experience than android.

for manga, tachiyomi is irreplaceable.

I really want some tablet manufacturers to make a good tablet for once.

Just take flagship phone internals and give me a huge battery + 7-13" screen options and I'll be happy.

I know the reason they don't is that tablet market share keeps dying, but FUCK do i want a flagship tablet worth a damn.

Thread full of shit. No, Android tablets haven't sold anywhere near as much as fagpads. But they've not died out either. Android is a robust and quite versatile OS and works well on 8 or 10" tablets. It's shit for productivity but so what? So is iOS. Android tablets make excellent cheap portable entertainment devices. Quite versatile too, I can torrent the entirety of Babylon 5 into my 64GB SD card while playing emulated Dreamcast games

>Samsung standard
Wut? This is horseshit, there are no Android apps that will only run on a Samsung device.

Sent from my Lenovo tab 4

>Android tablets make excellent cheap portable entertainment devices.

>Galaxy Tab S3
>cheap

No, wait for the new iPad with apple pen support.
I already have a Galaxy Tab A 9.7 with Spen, android for tablets is shit tier

>There will never be a Shield Tablet X1/X2/Xavier
>K1 is still one of the most powerfull android tablet

Android tablet market is a mess.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S

I didn't say that particular one was cheap

That's not the real reason why.
Tablets have more security by design the fact that some would ommit front camera, gps, modem, microphone and other forms of spybot.
They killed the market intentionally.
The agencies don't like it when people can put in customized firmware without it phoning into them due to the lack of modem. The agencies also don't like it when the tablet can be used with wifi modems that can act for sms and calls and they're even killing older 3G bands due to it.

>Lenovo tab 4
hows that working for you i need a 10" to read pdf's

Buy a chink windows tablet, inifnitely better than any android tablet

>Wut? This is horseshit, there are no Android apps that will only run on a Samsung device.
Yeah and there is no device that only runs all the apps other than a Samsung.

"Android" isn't a single operating system, it's a clusterfuck ecosystem of implementations provided by the hardware manufacturers and the only thing anyone ever tests against is Samsung.

Lenovo Tab 4 8 plus is absolutely great, crisp screen, good speakers, blazing fast in comparison to my old Shield K1. Haptic feedback & tap to wake screen is a nice bonus.
The Tab 4 10 plus has the same innards but same number of pixels so the screen isn't as impressive. But for PDFs I imagine it'd be a decent option. A 2nd hand 10" galaxy tab S (the original model) would be a good option.

Laughably incorrect and idiotic statement, completely untrue. Am I being trolled? Have you even heard the term "stock Android"?

does tachiyomi even have raws? seems like its only good for eops

Is the ipad with pencil also 4:3? Which is better for drawing?

Is the display as just as good though? If he wants to watch anime (and isn't a streamcuck) he's going to need a good display.

i bought a Tab 4 10.1 a few months ago for under $200 and it's performed great so far. I'm looking for the best app to connect to my laptop as a second monitor right now, not having a lot of luck. Spacedesk was glitchy as fuck and never oriented correctly (tablet screen showed upside down no matter what I tried) and i dont have a good feeling about TwomonUSB, something tells me to stay away. All in all the Tab 4 has been great though.

>2018

Wondering this desu

Anyone have an iPad? What're good manga apps for it?

Just get a file manager that can work with zips. If it works on phone, it'll work on tablet. What size are you looking for?

Samsung galaxy note 10.4 2014 edition and the note pro 12.2

Get a used tablet. Get an old flagship for less than half of what it sold for at launch. 1/4 if you're lucky

I got one, and I love it. Great for watching youtube in bed. That's about it.

Which tablet has the best display? I'm leaning towards getting an iPad pro because of 120hz (I'm prone too eye strain which higher refresh rate lowers chance of).

Get a Samsung chromebook pro instead it will run all the Android apps, has a stylus, and you can also run x86 linux distros side by side chromeos and switch instantlh with a key combo

Posts anti Android article from a literal Apple shill publication. Kill yourself.

Attached: 1479931669954.gif (299x152, 1.99M)

Just get an iPad

Op, get this: bestbuy.com/site/asus-zenpad-z8s-7-9-tablet-16gb-wi-fi-4g-lte-verizon-wireless-black/5900986.p?skuId=5900986

Snapdragon 652, 3 gb ram, 2k screen. Fast as fuck and only $249 dollars. And you can pick it up at Best Buy tomorrow morning.

Attached: Screenshot_20180422-222447.png (1536x2048, 302K)

This guy speaks the truth. Everybody else in this thread is an idiot. I have an iPad, actually 2 of them, and a Nexus 9. The Nexus 9 is actually better. Runs Clover, has a better keyboard, better app switching, better multitasking since you can stack over/under, etc. And the guy who said Samsung is the "standard", you're a fucking moron.

Attached: Screenshot_20180415-043544.png (1536x2048, 142K)

Just get a fire tablet. Cheap as shut and very functional.

$400? why not.
lelnovo tab 4 is supposedly cheaper.
snapdildo 625.

Literally $40 and the battery lasts for a week
Might not be the best size/resolution for weebshit, though.

How do chromebook compare with high end android tablets?
I want to use for uni and the chromebook pro looks nice for both notetaking and running linux if needed

>for both notetaking
NO. Just fucking NO.
Stop this shit. Take notes on PAPER with a pen.
Use a computer only in computer-related classes like programming.

I use my tab a 8 for reading (in grad school) I use xodo do read pdfs. I bought a stylus (not s-pen) and I use it all the time for notes on pdfs. This is a very specific use case but if this sounds like you then a stylus is definitely worth it.

For me it's:
>Thoshiba Chromebook 2 (1080p) ~ $250
>Wacom Intuos ~ $60
>Wacom Wireless Kit ~ $40
Obviously install SeaBIOS and an actual OS tho.
>Install Xournal
>Take notes.
Wont ever go back to paper.

Tab s4 when?

>tfw no decent vanilla Android tablets

What tablet is best if I just wanna read my comic books and watch movies/YouTube?

Get a Samsung Tab S from eBay.

Android is on its way out, Google's already announced Chrome tablets

Since this thread is already here, can anyone recommend a tablet to read ebooks, PDFs, has pen support for school? I'm tired of my back fucking breaking whenever I bring my shitty ass textbook to university. I know one user talked about the Tab 4 Should I wait for better ones or should I just go for it?

Attached: 084.png (600x512, 298K)

got the 2017 version. i like it. if you can afford it... why not. updates such tho!

Yes, it's the best android tablet you can get right now.
And the stylus meme is real, it really is useful, to which I suggest installing simple draw to take full advantage of the stylus.

I told you.
6" phones are to small and 9" tablets are to big.
7"-8" tablets are comfy.

>Wacom Wireless Kit ~ $40
Where can I find this?
I got Wacom bamboo fun as a gift and want to use it instead of mouse.

But keyboard is better to take notes wtf
You're gonna kill your hand

Get a laptop instead.

Wanna read manga? Get a kindle manga, it's digitally the most superior way to watch manga ever.

>400$ for an Android device
and what can you do with it? play doodle jump and watch youtube?

No, they are not. It's called the Pixelbook (Laptop/Tablet). Very good computer.

>Scamsung
lol

samsung.com/us/mobile/tablets/galaxy-book/galaxy-book-10-6--windows-2-in-1-pc--wi-fi---silver-sm-w620nzkbxar/

You may install Linux on it if you're that kind of person.

Attached: Galaxy_Book_1600x1200.jpg (800x600, 64K)

>404
post not found

>Android try to bridge the gap between tablet and laptop
>hurr durr What's a computer
>Apple release iPad with keyboard
>WHAT'S A COMPUTER

Have fun not having updates and having to rely on pooshit developers for custom ROMs.

No. Android tablets are trash

How're Xiaomi tablets?

Do they have Xiaomi chromebooks?

Amazon Fire Tablet Hd - 10 inch screen for 150 bucks

pen and paper

Tachiyomi is reddit app.

the actual reason "android tablets are dead" is because they don't need constant improvements like phones.
The battery life is already good, you can already read and watch stuff off them.
The screens are already excellent too.
A 2015 tablet is still basically top of the line except for using micro-USB.
And then you have the whole market of budget tablets.

The tablet market is satisfied, there's not the constant desire to replace tablets, they don't get broken as often as phones and they're fully featured for their purpose.

honestly this. if you know you're going to be using it more for reading, this is an awesome tablet.

Quite unironically this to be honest with you famalam

being rootable is VERY important

Attached: Screenshot_20180424-052550.jpg (1080x1920, 204K)