Are there any tl;dr guides on setting up computers/wifi/everything IT related in an office that I can read and learn...

Are there any tl;dr guides on setting up computers/wifi/everything IT related in an office that I can read and learn quickly? Basically I need to do setup of a small office's IT work about a month from now.

I finished an Electrical Engineering degree 2 years ago but I never got a job because I never got internships because I am an idiot who made bad choices. My parents fairly well connected and are tired of me being a neet. They have a friend who is creating a new office and they're looking for an IT guy. My parents think I'm good at computers so they recommended me. If I can do the job, I have a job. If not, they're gonna kick me out of the house. I'll post qt tumblr girls for each reply

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

At the bare minimum, the Comptia A+ exam guide should help, but that is just bare basics.

Does it have information like best practices of setting up 10 computers in 1 room and how to best setup WiFi routers so that the entire building has wifi?

Attached: 2.jpg (720x1280, 185K)

I'm new to IT as well, been dangling at it for like 6 months, but just part time and the set up here is horriblrle, so a lot of things I cant even do, like push software to all pcs automatically.
What i have learned is that if all pcs there are built from the same parts you really only need to set up one, then use clonezilla to clone its image to the rest.
Make sure to not give office workers admin permissions, otherwise you'll have to constantly be fixing shit they broke
Try to get windows 10 enterprise ltsb licenses if possible, it's debloated windows that only gets security updates, it will cause way less problems.
You should look into scripts that would install software automatically on everywhere and change setting if needed, i was about to learn that and i know there are guides, but they told i will not have access to such power because of their fucking weird account system, its a mess, but you shouldnt have that problem with your little office.
Dont bother with anti viruses, its snake oil, just make sure windows defender is and people have limited accounts

Admin access is a must though. Is there any way to completely isolate accounts? i.e. If John Smith fucks up John Smith, we just nuke his account and remake it.

Attached: 3.jpg (719x1280, 199K)

Why is admin access a must though? Most programs once installed dont need admin access, people are idiots, especially in offices, you'd be giving yourself more work that you have to have

Requirement from the boss.

Attached: tumblr_ofl45sWJMl1rfhfuco1_1280.jpg (719x1280, 194K)

Wifi routers, yes. As for setting up 10 computers, that could very possibly be OS specific depending on what kind of setup it is, which A+ is not. If you're trying to get a job in IT though, it sounds like you have an extremely long road ahead of you before you'll be proficient enough to make it a viable career. My advice would be to look elsewhere instead of being fired in your first week, unless you have months to learn before working.

Where do I go to learn about enterprise Windows setup?

Look up MCP/MCSE certification.

And MCITP.

Is there a name for the type of "system" that universities run their Windows on? Like anyone can login to any computer on campus with their username and still see their desktop/files

wifi isn't really ideal for business, and as far as setting stuff up goes, unless each box has to be different, just do the first one, set it up then image the disk. and use that image on the other machines. as far as the boss wanting admin access

that's what a disk image is for, but that can become quite a problem if everyone has admin access. try to convince the guy it's a bad idea and if he insists on admin access then only he should have it, not the entire office.
that's what having an generic image of what the office setup is, on hand is a good idea

you'll also want to learn active directory

Is there a tl;dr guide anywhere about setting up multiple Windows computers so that they all share the same "pool" of users? I.e. JohnSmith can login into any of the 10 computers. I think it has something to do with Domain?

or is it active domain? I've always just known it as ad so I'm not sure

They're using Active Directory. You run it from Windows Server. Basically, you set up users on a Windows Server using Active Directory, join the PCs to the domain, and then you can log in with any user in the domain so long as you have a connection to the server. It's pretty nifty, and you can probably find some nice tutorials on YouTube.

Is it a tech company?
Even techtards tend to be retarded
I dont how they set it up, cause I only work in a faculty that is dettached from the main palace, they only showed me how get the pre set up image and how to install it correctly
Also how did you guess I was working in a uni?

As for the other stuff, I would recommend checking out cybrary.it or a similar website.

Courses that would be of interest to you are CompTIA A+, MCSA, and CompTIA Network+

if you can, just have all the computers connected to the same network via ethernet (much better and more secure than wifi) and have all the computers in a homegroup. when in a homegroup you can access the files from other computers in your homegroup, just make sure you have sharing enabled on the folders and files you need shared between the computers. another option is to set up a file server that all the computers can access and pull from, but the homegroup option should be fine for a small home office

its not too hard, just google the things I said

If you do this then not giving admin access is a must, otherwise they'll just fuck up the whole set up
People are meant to work in a workplace with the programs that are already on the pc, not go around fiddeling and installing emojimovie.exe

also, active directory is a good but might be a little overkill for someone who has a month to learn everything and is only networking 10 computers. active directory is used more for large companies and universities with dozens or hundreds of users

So essentially ONE computer running Window Server running Active Directory. Every other computer runs regular Windows. If JohnSmith logs into Computer1 and saves a file, it should appear on Computer2 too right? Is there an official term that I can google to learn more or will Active Directory suffice?

All universities including the one I went to has this setup.

Got it, thanks. If the computers are not connected to the Homegroup/AD, admin access should be fine right? If they fuck up the computer I can just reinstall?

Attached: 3.jpg (237x400, 22K)

also, like other anons mentioned, make sure you don't give all of the users admin privileges

Guess you'll learn as you work, on why it's a bad idea

try to avoid giving them admin access, just explain to the guy even with a full time it guy on salary it'll still end up costing him, because down time for someone every time they bork their workstation

>If JohnSmith logs into Computer1 and saves a file, it should appear on Computer2 too right?

Only if you configure it this way. You would need to set up network shares and configure the user's home folder to be on that network share for the files to be available on any machine.

Although, like other anons said, AD is overkill for 10 systems. I also missed the requirement that the users have admin, so that rules out AD as an option regardless.

If you are still curious and would like to learn more about Active Directory anyway, googling things about Active Directory should eventually lead you to what you're looking for. You might need to narrow it down to find things that are beginner-friendly and pertain specifically to user management though.

10 systems was just a random number. The office won't have hundreds of PCs but at least 2 dozen probably

how about telling your momma to call me and get a real man to do the job who actually knows a thing or two

Are you setting up a server or not? Significantly more complex if you are

maybe be more specific then.. the number of computers makes a difference and you haven't even given much information on what the computers need to do other than file on computer 1 shows up on computer 2

post your phone number

That was just an example. The computers in reality just need to work. Most stuff can be done over Google Drive nowadays anyways

if you're going the google route, you might think about selling the boss on the g office suite which is free instead of paying for msoffice. it consists of google docs, sheets(spreadsheets) and slides(presentations)

Two ways, either set up Active directory on a win server and then use it as a storage as well. That or just do the easy mode way and set up normal computers, install AV and set up a NAS with a backup cycle.

You need share point and SAP