Gets thonkpad

>Gets thonkpad
>Can finally use gnu/linux at institution
>Opens vim and starts taking notes in Latex
>Gets laughed at for using some ancient "command prompt"
>Gets told to use "Word" and to get a superior "MacBook"
Normies will never understand.

Attached: 1524347227618.jpg (800x450, 44K)

>vim
use anything with a GUI
>Latex
use markdown

Clean text editor = clean mind
Also good maths equation writing in LaTex.

>Gets a chinkpad to feel superior against normos

Attached: brainletwojak6.png (211x239, 6K)

What's a better laptop then?

If the conversation ended at that point, of course they will never understand you.

Tried explaining the superiortity of vim they were having none of it and just autistically screeched for a gui.

Bullshit. I used my ThinkPad X200 tablet PC to take handwritten notes in Linux years ago. Nobody batted an eye.

Attached: studying while browsing.jpg (1000x562, 105K)

ITT: Things that never happened

Explain that you reap the benefits of it and that you perform better at using vim than what they use. Tell that it's your preference and they should respect it. If they still think that theirs are better, it means you're not good enough and it's just as right that you believe them instead, because they are better than you.
Also this: There are a few people who got interested in my workflow and they are either impressed even though they won't switch or interested then wanted to learn the same thing as mine.

I watched you.

I was also laughed at for using command line, well not laughed at but I would show everyone my color scheme and they would make fun of it, but now our new professor is command line freak and think quite good of me and praise me publicly for using vim.

Attached: CmaKcXYAARMb4.jpg (300x250, 16K)

>using tools to get respect from others
>using tools for any reason other than that they work well for you
wew lad

This, I am the professor

she's female

What are you implying?

Attached: 1515735026792.jpg (640x640, 87K)

> intentionally making it harder to complete your coursework just so you can show off your Jow Forumspeen
I offer you the shiggiest of my diggies.
Soon
> “I couldn’t complete my work because superior arch gahnoo plus loonix broke again!”
> “w-why didn’t I install Windows and Microsoft office like the course requirements told me to?”
> …

Attached: image.jpg (281x251, 36K)

>using software that cuddles you like a babbie, not using software that improves you.

What kind of turbo autismo puts their productivity in jeopardy over something so trivial? I’m all for the right way over the easy way but this is terminal stage IV autism. School is too much of an investment to worry about such things.

Everyone in a group project uses a Mac. Several people have made remarks along the lines of "I should buy user a real laptop", and every time I ask them what a "real laptop" would have that my thinkpad doesn't that I could need, and they never answer. This gives me a shallow feeling of superiority.

>Tfw normies are actually impressed by my memepad and my emacs/terminal use