Why are Sony phones so bad? Why did the Japanese give up on making good consumer electronics to the Koreans?

Why are Sony phones so bad? Why did the Japanese give up on making good consumer electronics to the Koreans?

Attached: sony-xz2-midnight-black-detail4-Format-960.jpg (433x433, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apotelyt.com/compare-camera/sony-a7-iii-vs-canon-5d-mark-iv
androidcentral.com/sony-fingerprint-sensors-us-deals
gsmarena.com/apple_granted_patent_for_fingerprint_reader_on_the_power_key-news-25582.php
google.com/amp/s/www.androidauthority.com/activate-xperia-xz-fingerprint-scanner-us-720432/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sony phones were great until the latest shit.

Xperia phones are fantastic. Install Sailfish OS.

last year i was really looking forward to what this year would bring for them, they seemed one or two steps away from making what would be perfect to me

then that all fucked up with trend chasing
it's a shame, they seemed to be defining good things and iterating on them, now it's derivative trash

I really loved my z3c but it had some quality issues like subpar adhesives used and coating that flaked off the lens.

It's not the Japanese.
It's just Sony.

For example Canon and Nikon still make great cameras.

Samsung also made a great camera btw, but immediately after decided to kill their entire camera business.

Canon and Nikon are fucking stagnant. What the fuck are you on?

Sony is rapidly reaching and surpassing them in some areas. They even provide most of the best image sensors for smartphones (ironically not their own, though).

Canon and Nikon are progressing at a snails pace in comparison.

You're making the classic Sony fanboy mistake of equating advancements in TECHNOLOGY to producing good PRODUCTS.

Regardless how great Sony's technology is (and I do agree it's great) they turn out absolute turds for products.
The build quality is sub-par and the UI's are utterly retarded.

Boy.....if only you could buy a Nikon with a Sony sensor.......

>Sony is rapidly reaching and surpassing them in some areas. They even provide most of the best image sensors for smartphones (ironically not their own, though).
I guess they don't want their phones to cannibalise the sales of their cameras.

The sony a7 iii is throwing good punches against something like a canon 5D iv, both full frames with sony pulling ahead. Sony is leading the mirrorless market now.

apotelyt.com/compare-camera/sony-a7-iii-vs-canon-5d-mark-iv

Most nikon cameras use sony sensors...

People who buy a 5Dmk4 will be happy with it for many years possibly even decades.
People who buy an A7mk3 will want a new camera next year.

It's all about the user experience.
Something no sensor rating can't show.
It's like comparing a Rolex to a Casio.

You got the sarcasm, great!

>People who buy a 5Dmk4 will be happy with it for many years possibly even decades.
>People who buy an A7mk3 will want a new camera next year.
>It's like comparing a Rolex to a Casio

I can't personally speak for the user experience for both brands since I use an xt20 myself, but that's a whole lot of assumptions user.

Just visit /p/ and note how salty every single Sony shooter is.

>Gauging anything based on Jow Forums anons rantings

Attached: 1470573970481.png (303x354, 84K)

>Boy.....if only you could buy a Nikon with a Sony sensor.......
The problem is what is around that sensor.
Nikon's image processors are pretty much garbage in comparison to the Sony ones now.

That's because Canon won't release a mk5 for another 5 years or more, and it'll be as iterative as the camera Sony releases next year.

Every year Sony fanboys make this exact same claim and get #BTFO hilariously. Remember how the RX series was supposed to change photography forever? Nobody fucking uses them anymore because of subpar viewfinder and video capabilities.

Too bad I'm not a fanboy, It's a fucking point and shoot at the price point of low-mid end dslr and mirorless, of course it'll fail sherlock.

>Nikon's image processors are pretty much garbage in comparison to the Sony ones now.

lol no.
The same sensors actually get better DxO-mark scores in a Nikon than in a Canon.
Although this could just be because Sony's overheat, causing more noise.

Not even sure if Sony has lossless raw files yet?
How are those artifacts?

this
why the fuck they moved the biometric sensor from the side to the back??

>Not even sure if Sony has lossless raw files yet?
What the actual shit.
How do you not know this? Where are you getting your information?

I bought myself another z5c in case my current one kicks the bucket, can't say that the current line up is good for the price

Something about patents

androidcentral.com/sony-fingerprint-sensors-us-deals

gsmarena.com/apple_granted_patent_for_fingerprint_reader_on_the_power_key-news-25582.php

>How do you not know this?

I don't watch Sony circlejerks constantly.

Couple of years ago they had no lossless raws, which is as hilarious as it is sad.

Attached: image01.png (700x517, 497K)

>Something about patents

Patents are a cancer.

They hold back technology so much.
We would all have flying cars if it wasn't for patents.

Because they stop making good tech and start making fake iPhones like any other Asians

fucking apple jews

Because they decided to end their relationship with Ericsson

They're still upset about not buying Apple when they could

What's all this? The Sony Xperia xz1 is really good!
They even fixed the weird problem they had with the camera.

I'm quite ready to try this with the Sony Xperia XA2. I loved maemo and meego, but I'm a bit worried about the current state of jolla. I'm not sure if this model is sustainable and I'm not really sure about the state sailfish X is in.

Sony is making the best cameras now, though?

Likewise for smartphone sensors. Sony is still the best there.

I blame fucking normies.
Fucking normies don't even like Sony phones, mainly because of their monolithic look. My coworker got a fucking iPhone 8 over Xperia XZ Premium. A phone is more of a fashion statement to a normie.
Sony's newest phone is fucking retarded because it's just following the current trends of smartphones. If they just left the power/biometric on the side, headphone jack, and monolithic look alone that shit would've been N U T.

Attached: xperia-xz-premium-colours.jpg (1600x1200, 1.38M)

was thinking the same thing yday while my hand was getting numb from using my phone for 5 minutes
my next phone will be an iPhone se
tired of retarded shapes and sizes

I would have already bought this phone if it had wireless charging. I had wireless charging on my Z5 Premium with a case I found online but I haven't found one for this phone. Sony fixed this by putting wireless charging on their newest model but at the same time they took the headphone jack out and altered the looks. Now I don't know which one I value more. If only I could have everything in one device.

I don't know, Sony phones always looked great to me

>power/biometric on the side

see

Who the fuck thinks it's logical to grant a patent for something that has been used by other companies before? That should absolutely be impossible. The patent is there to prevent other companies copying it immediately, if you aren't the first one to do it you should have zero chance to patent it.

>being this retarded
All you had to do is either by an international one or flash it over the UK firmware. I did this the day I bought it and have had zero problems.
google.com/amp/s/www.androidauthority.com/activate-xperia-xz-fingerprint-scanner-us-720432/amp/

I think they look fucking great but they tend to be more expensive than the others high end smartphone without offering noticeable feature.
Also the fact that everybody know how to use their camera better than them .