Adblockers are making the web worse

Don't be a fucktard. Stop telling people to use adblockers.

Companies are looking for alternatives and throwing their sponsored posts in the middle of legit content everywhere in a "subtle" enough way to fool most people, and you won't be able to hide those.

Attached: img.png (833x167, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl2&tag=semperv-21&linkId=6c69571b137e507a9173cd222d9f6107
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why are you pointing the finger at something that was made to block this ad cancer and then blame it as the problem when clearly the problem's origin is the ad cancer and fucking companies that won't stop dumping all their money into advertising scams instead of quality product development

>10 shekels has been deposited into your account.

>With adblocker
>I don't get ads but have to worry about sponsored content
>Without adblocker
>I do get ads and I still have to worry about sponsored content

Weird. I just checked reddit, and the ads disguised as posts don't show up for some reason. Must be my adblocker.

OP is an ad.

>visit news website without adblocker
>banners on the left, banners on the right
>advert covers half the screen until i close it
>sound starts playing somewhere on the page
>huge banner on top of the page
>it follows the screen when I scroll down
>closing it turns off the ad but leaves the grey box obstructing 1/5th of the screen anyway
>it pops back into the top of the page after a while
>the entire page scrolls down to compensate for the sudden change of layout
I'd rather have sponsored content than this cancer

I use an adblocker because the ad network ecosystem is a fragmented clusterfuck and I don't want to get hit by drive-by ransomware, so I honestly have fewer problems with sponsored posts than traditional ads. Reddit is already a hive of shills, anyway

Shill me on this black moon phone OP

people itt are missing the point
use adblockers because the web is cancer otherwise but don't tell others to use them because the masses watching ads and generating revenue for the websites is good for the rest of us

you think if you turn off ad blockers that will stop them shilling on reddit? it won't

>m-muh reddit!!
fuck off

If you consider buying this phone please usw this affiate link: amazon.de/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl2&tag=semperv-21&linkId=6c69571b137e507a9173cd222d9f6107
THX in Avance!

There is a easy way to fix this op. Kill everyone that you know is working in advertisment.

>Companies are looking for alternatives
Wrong. Companies are looking for more ways to hijack some of your brain time.
no adblock mean sponsored content PLUS traditional ads.

just something I've always wondered... do people who maintain the big adblock lists get paid? or do they do it for free?

Depends on the blocker.
As far as I know, uBlock is based off of free lists that people compile.
AdBlock Plus and the rest of those cunts took bribes to let certain ads through their blockers.

It should honestly be illegal to autoplay video ads on webpages

Well I don't get malware from sponsored posts

>implying this shit hasn't been happening since the 1990s

This. Native advertising is so unbelievably obvious I can just not fucking click on it. With regular old ads, I'm stuck with 60 fucking ajax calls + 9 reflows on every singe page I visit, and encouraging click bait for extra impressions, making the experience of being on the internet awful.

Nice blog. Sage and fuck off!

This, sponsored content has always been better.

If you can't tell this is an ad you're a blithering moron. If you can, then what's the problem?

Seeing ads is basically mind control.
If they create a "internet red" model where sites get a cent from your internet bill whenever you enter their site I'd accept that as a means to support them.

To be honest, if sites could contain themselves to a small formidable banner on the top, I would never use an adblocker
But that means they need to be hobbyist and not for-profit

thanks for reminding me to block all amazon links that include “ref=“.

Also, it's natural selection. Sites that have really annoying ads start losing money to people using ad blockers. They have 3 choices: Find out how to make money without advertisements or make advertisements on their platform non-annoying, non-cancerous, non-intrusive, and tolerable by their userbase (like Stackoverflow, who only shows static ads relevant to things I might care about and not some flashing 'POTENTIAL WAIFU IN YOUR AREA ALERT' that's loaded with spyware). Or, they can engage in an arms race with their users and try using ad-blocker blockers, which are either ineffective or harmful to SEO; these sites will spend a lot of money to accomplish nothing and mostly harm their site. Final option is native advertising, which will make the content cancerous shit and the smart users will stop visiting the site.

Things will get worse before they get better, but ultimately the sites who adopt the first approach will probably be more successful than the sites that adopt the other two approaches. In this way, ad blockers are improving the Internet and killing off cancerous trash sites the more people use them.

Pretty much this

It is not about companies trying to shill their product, it is how they do it. Most ads are large in file size, distracting, loud if audible and will install malware if clicked.

If all ads were

>will install malware if clicked.
Elaborate, please.

Add a bit of javascript ... you have a perfect web 2.0 site, with facebook, twitter, instagram, tumblr, linkedin, xing integration, some google-analytics, some doubleclicknet, cloudfare, jquery, etc ...

I don't see a problem

Because sponsored posts/results haven't existed literally forever.

What makes you think that they wouldn't do this with or without ads? Or that they aren't making a killing by just tracking you and selling you what you want when you search for it?

I honestly don't give two fucks.
If it's a site I visit frequently I set custom rules for whatever elements I want blocked at all times.

>Ads are injecting malware
>Ad providers are injecting actual viruses
>JavaScript is injecting buttcoin miners

There is literally 0 reason to turn of adblock.

Except it's not, because the subtle manipulation is where it's at for them anyway. eg, shills.

Ads are always annoying, blatantly obnoxious or otherwise. If they want to make money in the internet they're going to either find other businesses model or beat the filters in a more clever way.
I have absolutely no sympathy for folks crying about endemic adblocking

$350 for a phone with that specs though is a great deal

These people want free easy money for their bullshit articles instead of working to create a fanbase and supplying real tangibble goods/services, and somehow we're to blame for saying "Fuck off and do something honest"

>actual content is a few KB and is negligible in terms of cost to host and serve
>puts tens of MB on to every page in the form of HD images and video that plays automatically
>cry about high cost of hosting and that you need ads to serve it.