Why do normies love apple products?

why do normies love apple products?

all the normies in my uni have apple iphones, apple macbooks and some even have apple watches.
Is it because apple products are expensive so they are seen as a status symbol even though they suck? (like wearing a gold ring which does nothing but its a status symbol)

Or is it perhaps because they dont look childish or cheap like most windows performance laptops with their red lights and android phones with their complicated and flashy operating systems

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 12.29.26 PM.png (739x268, 201K)

they
just
werk

>they look 'professional'
>they're intuitive to use
>support is better than on competitors' side
>they're pushed by ads like crazy
what's so hard to understand?

> prevents viruses
> prerequisite to buying a mac is having HIV

Non meme answer? Because they were good at marketing and advertising years ago and now coasting off that mind-share capital they built up. It's never had anything to do with technology.

Because they’re well-designed, consistent, and easy to use across a wide range of skill levels, while also remaining gimmick-free, ad-free, and botnet-free.

MacOS is better than Windows. Normies are barely even aware of Linux, so that's not a real option for them.

because its trendy to own an apple product thats it

One word: marketing.
Normies are easily won over by animated unicorn and dog emojis.
Apple is hip and trendy and cool and it most be better because it costs a whole lot more and it isn't as widely used so me owning a Macintosh is like being part of an small, exclusive club.

>why do normies love apple products?
Marketing. It's worn off since the high around 5 years ago as Apple products become increasingly expensive and lacking in features.

Because it's better than Windows, their trackpads are the best, and it's got a damn terminal.

>Their trackpads are the best

Now sit back as a bunch of Winkiddies with Stockholm Syndrome who have only ever known shitty trackpads whine that their ChinkPad nipple is superior.

Apple treats consumers like they are retarded children........and they are.
In exchange for money they make everything extremely simple for them.

Because you can't accidentally delete files with a nonworking delete key :^)

>go to coffee shop
>pull MacBook Pro/ iPad Pro out of messenger bag
>silently powers on
>notice people look at me with envy as I use my superior device, with better display, high resolution and higher refresh rate compared to a chinkpad

Attached: 1521060965811.jpg (800x1360, 280K)

>gimmick-free
Main reason why I have one. But let's not talk about the touchbar

>Is it because apple products are expensive so they are seen as a status symbol
>is it perhaps because they dont look childish or cheap like most windows performance laptops
Yes

Also there are other reasons like not having preinstalled adware and bloatware that is omnipresent on Windows computers.

they don’t actually suck for anyone but gamers and tryhards

They look pretty and they're easier to use than a Windows product.

ITT: Apple haters pushing the "marketing" meme

Attached: Screen-Shot-2013-11-05-at-7.29.24-AM.jpg (607x350, 22K)

Because mactoddlers are subhuman brainlets that are frightened of technology. Even a dumbed down OS like Windows is too "hard" for mactoddlers, and seeing more than one button mouse causes them to have panic attacks.

Attached: 1517213560227.jpg (996x954, 299K)

are ports considered gimmicks nowadays?
also, I'm pretty sure iTunes can be classified as botnet

They actually suck for anyone that isn't a cock smocking faggot i.e. macfaggots.

Attached: 1501485254346.jpg (1800x4500, 1.93M)

>I'd rather believe everyone is an isheep than think an apple product actually good. That also makes me feel superior

>I have no argument so I just call everyone a faggot

>I like my laptop to not work so I can feel smart when i fix it

>I don't know how to use osx so I think it's shit

Microsoft sell a vastly greater product range, they need to market their other products like Skype or Xbox or whatever else
That's also very outdated data

Anti Apple arguments can be easily lumped into two categories:
[gay lol]
[too expensive]
pathetic, really.

>I'd rather believe foxconn chinktrash apple products actually good because of the fruit logo. That also makes me feel superior

Attached: 1508980527367.jpg (400x815, 116K)

>higher refresh rate
what? Since when do macs have a higher refresh rate? And why? What other than vidya actually makes use of a refresh rate over 60hz?

Computing used to be like
>learn how to use a computer
>use the computer
Apple made IOS so normie-friendly that even my grandparents are able to use it.
>you get 4 buttons and big fat coloured icons with their function written under it, on a big touch screen.

Now about the status symbol part:
First apple had to make normies think that computers could be cool and trendy. After making the software normie-friendly, niggas at apple came up with the great concept of copying these high-end professional gadget designs from sony and braun. They ended up with these POS devices that are
>easy to use
>look nice and "professional"
>uniform so people recognise them

>these people exist and they post on this board

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 81K)

They're also garbage to develop on.

they
just
don't
werk
>ThrottleBook Air owner.

normies just do what the ppl on their netflix shows tell them to. they are incapable of making decisions on their own.

I heard from a friend that when you get used to the gestures, it's breddy good,
but being consistent is what makes you more productive, so I hope you also bought a trackpad for the desktop

if I want to use a mouse I, and I hope I don't sound crazy here, use a mouse which I can charge and use at the same time
also, pretty sure the thinkpad keyboard is better than any chiclet apple has to offer

Because humanity likes shit.

install gentoo

>they're intuitive to use
These parts

>normies just do what the ppl on their netflix shows

Worked so great for Windows Phone!

It's almost like there's more to Apple's success than product marketing alone...

Attached: house-of-cards-win-phone.jpg (600x450, 23K)

>one product placement by ms
>thousands of product placements by apple
really makes me think.

do you actually believe this?

Attached: TwoGuysKissing.png (180x183, 8K)

>buy macintrash for mom
>Applel with 2% marketshare have their store's gaybar packed Monday - Friday all day during workdays and even more on weekends with broken iTrash coming in
>mom has to lug her macshit to the gaybar and wait for hours in line with smelly hipsters to get service
>every apple store LITERALLY smells like shit from all the faggots going in and out all day to have gaybar geniuses go in and out of their asses

>buy pc for mom
>95% marketshare she can walk into any big retail store carrying 50 different brands and have maybe 5 people with problems on a weekend
>gets in, fix problem, done

>move out of state
>buy mom an XPS with in-home warranty
>a tech will come to her house next day for warranty repairs/tech support

Macs are for brain dead drooling troglodytes.

Attached: 1519667547120.png (594x648, 152K)

do you actually not believe it? apple literally has the best tech support in the industry.
>muh linux frosted tips and his frankenstein imac pro
lol

paying for a whole new device because on capacitor busted is not tech support

iToddlers will defend this.

>I'm too idiotic to make any sense of myself and say that apple products, like all other competing products, are made in china which completely for some reason means that only apple products are worse because of this. I'm also going to just do a "you too" and say that this cunt feels superior for saying that. My chinkpad crashed three times today

No. That is the meaning of my post.
I was asked what I found hard to understand/believe, and I responded accordingly.

get fucked. Every fucking movie and tv series had microsoft products plastered on them. Sorry for not posting every single one of them you cherry picking neet

>I'm too idiotic to make any sense of myself and say that apple products, unlike all other competing products made in china are good because of its logo.
The ABSOLUTE state of gullible mactoddler morons.

you're so used to seeing apple ads you only notice the microshaft ads. this is how well apple has brainwashed your easily impressionable normie brain.

I actually just know what point you're trying to make now. You seem to generalize everything made in china as being shit quality which is understandable, but delusional. China's massive and you'll have shit factories and good ones. You also have to take into account the design/blueprint/whatever-the-fuck being sent to these factories, as they only make what they're told to make. And those designs are what we are really arguing about. Besides what the fuck are you typing on if you think everything from china is shit?
>heh heh, called him a moron though XD

I literally used to despise apple until i actually used an imac. The ads are actually are a hit or miss, but they've never made me want to buy anything. Also
read that first greentext thanks

>but they've never made me want to buy anything.
the best customer is the one who thinks he's buying it because he wants to.

read that first greentext thanks

>Uni
Rich kids wanting fashion accessories.

Attached: e27a217e-4f2d-43e5-9d1c-8411c46ac65f.png (1000x1354, 916K)

Design
Fashion/lifestyle statement
They think they make you look speshul and kewl

There are no other products that emphasise design and form over function as much as apple products.

Because I wanna be a winner so I'm engulf into the apple ecosystem. Only plebs use linux/android .

Same thread, different day. Report.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

>like wearing a gold ring which does nothing but its a status symbol
This

nobody cares about the Jow Forums throttle meme, it's a non-issue in the normie world of netflix/facebook/college papers

What's more, I'm pretty sure iTunes can be classified as a virus.

>Air
faggot

Implying you're not a normie

>normies
shut up you child

you've probably been here for a total of 2 minutes

>normies
Stopped reading there. Back to the normalcattle (leddit) you go, normalfag.
This.

can you explain why? i was just going to buy one for programming

because they're more reliable... operating a Windows requires more knowledge because of chance of getting malware is much greater

I like them for the integration when you own all of their stuff. Also it's a nice hassle-free desktop OS, but I guess that's a more nerdy thing.

Most definitely not a "symbol" or remotely "cool", there is not much else in this world that gets you hated more than owning Apple products. I tend to cover up the Apple logos and try not to make it obvious in order to cut down on the number of people who see it as their duty to sneer at you for it.

>why do X love Y

student discount

I probably would have got one if i was not a poorfag

>mom has to lug her macshit to the gaybar and wait for hours in line with smelly hipsters to get service
>they will tell her to fuck off and buy a new mac

>Or is it perhaps because they dont look childish or cheap like most windows performance laptops with their red lights and android phones with their complicated and flashy operating systems

It's mostly this reason.
Honestly, Steve Jobs was the first non-autist product designer in this business branch. The rest were spaghetti-spilling neckbeards who thought that a laptop has to look like an U.F.O.
I had an Acer Laptop when the first unibody macbook pro came out. My piece of shit plastic computer weighted half a ton, was made out of deformable plastic and was loud.

It's kind of the same reason why you don't wear your asics running shoes to university, even thought they are better for running and not as easy to destroy as your nice leather shoes. Just don't be childish.

Probably not the thread for it, but what are the actual advantages of owning a jailbreak iOS device?

why would you want that. Just get an android. Now you don't even need to root to do most things

The brick and mortar store you go to for tech support is owned and operated by the same company that made the hardware and software you're having issues with. MS and a litany of disparate hardware manufacturers cannot say this.

Beautiful machine. Shame a RAM failure will brick it.

TODDLERS ULTIMATLY BTFO'D
>inb4 an assblasted itoddler reports this again

Why is it bad for programming you dingus?

no nobody can because majority of people just post completely baseless statements here, all of the programmers at my workplace use them especially the retina MBP.

I own a macbook pro, dell xps, asus zephyrus with linoox for deep learning.

The macbook pro looks nice and is designed well but my complaint since the dawn of time are:
* sub par specs to price ratio
* nothing works between a mac and pc
* itunes is shit
* limited games on mac
* impossible to have a hdd or usb speak between the two
* at work office documents and excel spreadsheets don't hold their formatting if you share gumtree between coworkers on pc.
* not the thinnest bezel for a display

The xps has
32gb ram, 1060 gfx card, 8th gen i7

The zephyrus has 1080 Ti, upgraded ram to 32 GB, 512nVME drive

The 2017 mac has a measley 16gb ram, no decent gfx card. Only system that runs xcode .... :/

Attached: Screenshot_20180423-044605_9GAG.jpg (672x888, 282K)

The xps has a touch screen 4k infinity display. I think its a better display. Though i also like the retina display as well...

Apple is a marketing company. The hardware is made in Foxconn china

Attached: 1524406946605.jpg (460x679, 83K)

>ITT: Apple haters pushing the "marketing" meme
I own Apple products. Everything that is presently on the market by the company has less functionality than the 3-to-5 year old stuff I already own outside of better chipsets and displays.

$1000+ for a laptop that only has USB-C outlets and 128GB of storage is not a good value proposition no matter how pretty it looks.