>64 MB usage while idle
>less than 900 packages
>quad core
>debian (greatest distro of all time)
>greater than 900p
>LXDE (lightest/best DE)\
>uptime less than 30 min

(protip: you can't)

Attached: screenFetch-2018-04-22_10-27-46.png (1776x952, 83K)

are you actually flexing because you got debian running on an rPi?

what is the point of this thread?

>look at me I could install baby's first linux

are you posting from that thing?

congratulations, you made a device good at doing nothing

>intentionally running your CPU at slower clocks than stock

lol

>not installing Gentoo on your RPi

>are you actually flexing because you got debian running on an rPi?
yes, I am, because most of you fags are on your shitty pootops using bloated piece of fuckware that would make a real computer user (like me) barf.

>what is the point of this thread?
to prove that the rasp pi is the superior computing system, and that none of you tards will be able to out do it.

I'll see your Debian and raise you an Arch.

Attached: 1524313865441.png (1024x768, 21K)

he just bought a r-pi and used the more basic configuration to install a pi-hole

Attached: screenFetch-2018-04-22_14-52-56.png (1024x768, 292K)

good luck getting any actual work done on ARM, let alone on rPi

you mean the superior cpu/computer combo?
also quite an ignorant statement
sad!

That looks legitimately disgusting.

And it's not because it's Arch

>congratulations, you made a device good at doing nothing
actually user, it is doing a lot of things, and what you proposed was very stupid of you. Most computers these days have around 2-4 cores meaning that they not only can do one thing at a time, but multiple (called multitasking). Please learn how a computer works before posting, thanks sweetie!

superior to what exactly?
rPi has its points, but a Pentium 4 Optiplex you can get out of a dumpster outperforms it
what exactly are you using yours for, aside from staring at the desktop and terminal?

Congrats you know how to image an SD card with Raspbian

This

>fuck.iso
brettu good user, although it looks like shit
>greater than 900p
didnt meet taht either

also what the fuck is up with your ram
>51 mb
how?

with a fucking octa core cpu
please explain

>using raspbian instead of raspbian lite and SSHing into your pi like a normal person
>using wheezy
>thinking package count is a valid measure of how bloated something is
>calling other people's setups bloated while writing programs in python

>what is a virtual machine

>ubungu
>+1 for arm
>uptime 5 fucking days
>1976 packages
>not even 900p
>284 mb ram usage
just leave

ah

>using wheezy
yes, and?

>thinking package count is a valid measure of how bloated something is
>being this ignorant

>calling other people's setups bloated while writing programs in python
yes, I use python to mess around with the GPIO and breadboard stuff, it's easy and pre installed, I don't see how this relates to bloat
>implying python is bloated

there is literally nothing wrong with any points you pointed out and it only further proves that you're a faggot who configures the most barebones of a setup only to wank it to the screenfetches over the desktop, with a grin smug of how minimal it is, disregarding actual use of the system

you forgot VLC player!
ubuntu mate works great in the rpi and I use it without monitor, with my phone as a music player, a torrent machine and a tiny server.
It is great.

u mad bro?

That's great, you're now a hacker

if a decade old meme ran into ground is the best kind of reply you could whip up, i'm done with replying

u mad bro?

>yes, and?
Support for Wheezy is literally gonna get dropped in two weeks.

>being this ignorant
Packages only waste a negligible amount of disk space, which is the least important resource anyway, and package count doesn't even correlate that well with the amount disk space used by programs.
There are other measures of bloat, like the number of unneeded daemons running in the background. But guess what? Texlive alone has 51 packages, yet there is no "texlive daemon" running in the background hogging up resources. Again, almost no correlation.

>implying python is bloated
As I've said, disk space is not that important, and python wastes more important resources, like RAM and CPU cycles, on account of being an interpreted language.

ok i win

Attached: e8732382f759dde016d70dd5da4891807438016154052fd4d1beb1551e98e438.png (1400x1050, 133K)

>uptime: 10m
you are a faggot

>op uptime: 14m
both are pathetic

Attached: Capture.png (640x561, 20K)

>windows
get out and stay in /v/

how do you make a regular desktop distro use less ram?

What is up with that minimalist meymey?
t. 2095 packages

it's a meme spouted by retard nigger monkeys who aren't actually good at anything so they brag about being good at nothing

No, it's for people who want to have the longest uptime and having less packages installed increases your resilience against crashes.

Congrats on missing the point. Course we're still looking for the point of this useless thread also so it's all good...

prove it