Anyone else ever feel like they might be in the matrix?

Anyone else ever feel like they might be in the matrix?

Attached: time.jpg (375x115, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_personality_disorder
twitter.com/AnonBabble

read this it may help you
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_personality_disorder

nah mate. just looking for someone to talk to in these early hours.

>early
alaskan comfirmed

All the time, but what can you do about it? Is this technology related, or repeating numbers driving you insane?

No you fucking loon

Attached: .png (227x222, 5K)

Go to bed user

Attached: 66952694_p0.jpg (712x556, 196K)

Sure. But it is even worse than that. How do you know that anyone is real at all, even as a consciousness? Other than you, I mean.

Sure, you have the descartes's "I think therefore I am." Nice. Now what? You've proven YOU exist, but what about all those other zombies that your senses report are beings like you?

This is the solipsistic crisis. I don't see any real solution for it. Sorry. Other than just assuming that all those sensory impressions are other people like you (as nearly everyone does), you have no way of knowing that you don't live in a universe of one being: yourself.

Next to that, the matrix is small potatoes.

It's actually a significant likelihood that we are in a simulation. Some researchers and scientists put the odds at about 50% while others put the odds more in the 70% range based on factors such as formations of stars being similar or even in some cases identical to how a computer would generate them. Perhaps we're the result of a more intelligent species creating a simulation with a random seed for generating life, which explains how we're so much more advanced than the common chimpanzee despite sharing over 98% of the same DNA, and how we came to be the dominant species after either killing off or breeding out neanderthals. We're some super advanced species game of civ.

all the time, but what can you do
does it really matter though? even if I don't really exit, i won't ever get anything more real than my emotions, it doesn't matter whether their source is fae or not, the feeling are as real as it will ever get to me so I might as well try to make the best out of it

what if we're in more than one simulation and you enter another each time the singularity starts

>Senses
There's part of your problem. Your senses tell you very little about the world around. If you could see, hear, taste, smell and touch everything around you at any given moment, you'd suffer from sensory overload. As it stands, we perceive incredibly little of what actually "is". And then that opens up another can of worms: how do you know what I see and what you see are the same thing? When you see the color green and describe it to me, you'd be describing it by way of referencing other things that are green, so what you see when you see something green and something red may be swapped from what I see when I look at those two colors, but when you start describing red like "the color of a stop sign, or a sunset, or a blood moon" all of those would be "red" for me as well, but what I'm actually *seeing* when I look at them could be green. Unless I saw through someone else's eyes, I'd never know we're not seeing the same color. Everything we all see could be drastically different from what someone else sees but we'd have no way of knowing because we'd both describe it the same way.

So not only are we the dominant species on a planet yet we perceive the most narrow sliver of it, but on top of that, we have no way of knowing if the things we perceive are really what's there or if we're all perceiving different things yet describing them the same because that's what we've been taught all of our lives. How's that for a mind fuck? You may not even look the same to me as you look to yourself despite the fact that we'd both describe exactly the same things when describing what you look like. (Dysmorphia aside)

The question isn't if we live in a computer simulation, the question is that in a computer simulation of life how can we install gentoo.

Attached: 1474916739821.png (400x300, 58K)

All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

>formations of stars being similar or even in some cases identical to how a computer would generate them
i'd like a source on that, genuinely interested
is it about the predictability of weak prngs or something?

you know too much

Attached: 333.png (502x267, 69K)

Jokes on you. My consciousness has already been uploaded to the Internet.

> 12 hr clock

>sure you have descartes' "I think therefore I am"

Which has been debunked countless times and is literally by definition useless circular logic. Fuck outta here, you can't even prove you exist.

>despite sharing over 98% of the same DNA
technically we share 100% of the same DNA, just organised differently.

No, we afraid of botnet here

>"I think therefore I am."
>Assumes there must be an entity for there to be a thought.
Way to assume my existence you biggot

the matrix is the ultimate botnet

Attached: 1404563752675.gif (220x153, 1014K)

Isn't it a supercomputer at the end of time reaching back into the past to write itself into existence through subtle manipulations of matter and beings to do it's will.

Coming down off of an ungodly amount of adderall and DUDEWEED, so yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head OP

Attached: high guy.gif (631x339, 958K)

Imma take off on you peons and head straight to Venus

every time I look at the clock it's 4:20

Where'd you get that idea? Chimp dna is probably either longer or shorter than ours, not to mention we've been getting infected with different viruses for the 2 million years or whatever since we shared an ancestor with them. Are you saying since we have the same base pairs to make codes out of, we have the same dna?

If we are in a simulated reality, you most likely can't go to the real reality as you're just a simulation.
Also if this is the case, this universe is just a simplification of the real universe and you probably wouldn't be able to fully understand it.

>use 24hr clock
>says 1337

All the time.

Attached: 738DFD4D-6B15-4B68-B7FB-182D93D1861C.jpg (733x1000, 132K)

I see this being quite a dominant religion in the next century. Instead of going "I don't understand it therefore it had to be god and it kinda makes sense" like in the past we'll have "I don't understand it therefore it's in a simulation and it kinda makes sense".

cock /test

I don't know anything about DNA man, I was just talking nonsense. But ya know, we all have the same types of proteins and stuff going on right?

>might
ha, you're funny

i always notice when it's 11:11, 1:11, 2:22 and 3:33.

i see trips everywhere.

Once i did a joke on how the 555 timers are cursed.
Now the 555 number chases me everywhere.

>the simulation hypothesis
Its a cool idea, but almost religious in the sense that it cant be proven.

I get synchronicities and deja vus all the fucking time for random shit, something just feels ""off"" or like i've done it before a thousand times

I think it probably it is a simulation. I've been with the mandela effect so many times I'm starting to think the owners of the computer is messing with the variables to see what they can get away without us noticing.

The mandela effect is an exploit of your mind, not reality.
Basically there are things you don't exactly remember the details and don't have a need for "precise error checking", and your brain will just accept shit that is inputted into it as fact.
If for example been 20 years you see the Berenstain Bears name, you won't remember all the word correctly, just an approximation.
Then someone says to you it is actually Berenstein in a convincing manner and you will just accept it as a fact and your brain will update data to it, then get clashed to fuck when you see the actual thing.

Pretty sure chimp DNA difference 1 percent or lower, and probably lower.

For a lot of them I know that I remember the exact details. A lot of the details I remember very clearly specifically because they seemed odd. Like I remember when I was a kid I thought "Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear" in the car mirrors was worded very strangely. Then one day I looked in my car mirror and it was gone. I watched Silence of the lambs just a few years ago and Hannibal's "Hello Clarice." line was the most memorable line for me yet apparently it isn't in there anymore.
I don't get hung up as much on Berenstein vs Berenstain because I think maybe my memory just is foggy on that one.

That's the thing, you actually don't remember em exactly, but your brain tell you that you do.