Eclipse Vs IntelliJ

Which is the better Java IDE?

Attached: featured-image-large.png (450x215, 22K)

Intellij makes the best ides on the market it's not even a contest

not free, so fuck it.

also netbeans is quite good also

I don't know. At university I used Eclipse, now at work it's Intellij IDEA. Eclipse's interface looked more native and it seems to me it had better shortcuts. On the other hand, IDEA is visually loaded with hints and the Ultimate edition can integrate better with frameworks. I still don't know which one to prefer.

waiting for a java lsp instead. done with these shitty ide's.

I just want decent code completion. i can run whatever build/debugging myself.

but if i had to choose between the two you posted, eclipse only because I feel like I can trust the plugins and stuff I'd be using in it are FOSS. plus never used intellij

neovim

>not free, so fuck it.
What are you talking about? IntelliJ has had a free version for ages (which is still better than Eclipse).

Free as in
F R E E D O M

IntelliJ >> all

You're still using Java and wishing for the sweet release of death at the end of the day regardless of which you choose.

It's Apache 2.0, dumbfuck.

Tried both and intellij buttfucks eclipse so hard. Fuck eclipse man

when i used intellij idea and phpstorm, they were both laggy as shit. it could also be because my work laptop is kinda old. are they actually laggy as shit or is it just me

side note, eclipse is bloated as shit. fuck eclipse.

visual studio, no doubt in my mind*

*sponsored

Netbins

Attached: 605DC989CAC24C93AB4DAC39EFFA9470.png (750x1334, 833K)

>Awesome open source Java IDE vs closed source proprietary russian spyware
Is this a joke?

but ya cant use java EE with it #amiright?

As smeone who uses intellij at work and has personal license....
Depends on what you are more comfortable with.
eclipse screws up on huge projects. But generaly is more light weight. And I believe more customizable (as in eclipse can do c and java at same time. While intellij... you will need clion.) Also eclipse is free.
Intellij is great. But somewhat bloated. Somewhat slugish. Has bunch of small anoying bugs. You can really get lost in all its configurations (some defaults are stupid. New gradle project? Lets not create src/target/test folders unless well hidden option is selected). And cant use it on small laptop monitors (modals will be cut off)

>which is still better than Eclipse
Just in your fucking dreams you Russian bot

This pretty much, I don't know why Eclipse gets so much shit.

Intellij is the best ide ever made

Intellij is the best java ide way better than Eclipse. In the free options i think netbeans is better than eclipse. Intellij is free for students as well

Attached: 1503012773247.png (679x693, 254K)

Attached: 1470523330727.jpg (720x960, 61K)

you're not a real programmer if you use an IDE.
a good text editor and the shell are sufficient.

have you ever had a programming job or are you just trying to look cool/fit in on an anonymous image posting site?

Depends on the Java OP
Android Studio is probably your best bet for Android development
That's based on IntelliJ, because Google saw that it was a small enough company it could control completely
Netbeans is best/only choice running on ARM Linux
Eclipse is probably the better IDE for any other Java development

In a head to head comparison, IntelliJ is lacking most of the features that Eclipse touts. If you need an analogy, Eclipse is a luxury car and IntelliJ is a moped. Eclipse has all the features. IntelliJ's only advantage, if you can consider it that, is it is so stripped down, it can turn on a dime.

>Nevermind the bugs hitting your face,
>or the lack of A/C,
>or no sound systems,
>did you see how fast we took that corner?!
>Wooo, IntelliJ master race!

Notepad++

Eclipse is free and works, but it's a memory hog.

>(((Swing)))

Attached: 2f578071c574cf5a302b692dd0f4bae49201885a.jpg (341x406, 44K)

netbeans

this

I mean eclipse is perfectly usable, but jetbrains stuff is just on a different level

>If you need an analogy,

Why not instead give a few examples, because it's the common opinion that it's the other way and eclipse lacks intellij's stuff

you have never used intellij/eclipse in a professional environment please shut the fuck up, everything you said is wrong and retarded.

Idea's ui is inconsistent and looks disgusting. I'm not a javafag so I don't know about muh powerful code analyzing tools. I tried clion when preview came out and it was absolute garbage. So I haven't really given a chance to russianj products but don't feel it's worth my time.
I use qt creator for sepples and eclipse for python. I don't use eclipse for sepples so I guess I don't consider eclipse a quality product either, though it got much better in last years.

>use eclipse
>it just works™

Attached: 1491632333880.png (560x407, 34K)

What is inconsistent in it?

>it just works
said no one about eclipse ever

It looks like randomly slapped widgets from different des much like windows 10's ui.

The new 2018 ui looks a bit better as long as you use darcula.

Please show example. You can't. Intellij has consistent look and theming.