Whats the smallest possible case i can comfortably fit a 6700k and a gtx 980(or similar)...

whats the smallest possible case i can comfortably fit a 6700k and a gtx 980(or similar), a friend studies animations and graphics and needs a new pc, but he travels home often and wants a pc as small as possible

Attached: dan_cases_a4-sfx_itx_gaming_pc_case_3.jpg (960x640, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Silverstone-Computer-Front-Panel-SG13B/dp/B00U8IS89E?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffocus-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00U8IS89E
slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?q=Dell 1060
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112408&FM=1
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DJ6A88G/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sliver sugo sg13 is pretty good, about the size of a shoe box and i was able to i76700k and 1080 in it. no mesh or flitters thou and you could only enough room for either 3 2.5 drives or 1 3.5 and 1 2.5
amazon.com/Silverstone-Computer-Front-Panel-SG13B/dp/B00U8IS89E?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffocus-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00U8IS89E

just checked it out, seems fucken sweet, cant find the max gpu length though, any idea what it is

>but he travels home often and wants a pc as small as possible
remote to workstation pc from a laptop
he doesn't need realtime if he's rendering

people always regret building screamer pcs

Nigga just buy a laptop, what the fuck are you on about. There are external GPU dock things if you really need the performance.

he is in university, lives in a dorm, might change living location by year, best to be portable

oh boy i cant wait to receive 1/3rd of the performance for the full price, sounds like a steal to me

also he actively works with software like 3ds max, maya etc, so its not only rendering

share livingspace is an even worse justification for building one of these squealing space heaters

you're gonna have to leave the games behind, op

its not for me you twit, im a socially awkward beta that lifes in his moms basement, i already have my lovely mid tower and it aint movin any time soon

>animations and graphics
I'm assuming 3D rendering?
You'll want at least 1080Ti but I've no idea how you're gonna cool that bitch in such a small case.

If you meant 2D shit then you can comfortably forget about that and get a Radeon Pro that fits the budget because they're considerably cheaper and have all the necessary features like 10bit colours and shit.

i dont mean full lenght movies i just mean 3d models for the most part, he has been rendering it on his HP shit laptop for the past 2 years

Judging by the small gap between the motherboard ports and the GPU ports there can't be a very big cooler for the CPU itself. Is it watercooled with a radiator up top or what's going on here?

i have no idea, i found that pic online since i had nothing better, i think it might be a low profile fan though since i dont think that case has anywhere to stick an aio radiator

>GPU dock
considering he's aiming for 980 he can just buy a laptop with 1070 and not bother with docks and whatnot.

With current GPU and ram prices gaming laptops are not that expensive really. Yes it's still more expensive but it's far from double or triple the price.

slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?q=Dell 1060
Build a cheaper desktop + monitor and accessories.
Protip: you can't.

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112408&FM=1

Small and light. Has a handle on it too if that helps for transport.

I would reiterate what others have said regarding laptops. You can also get smaller/low profile 970/1060/1070 cards that should give you good performance in (more or less) the 980 area. Could also maybe get your hands on an old Fury X or Fury Nano.

Features and details says it supports standard length expansion cards. That's 10.5 inches.
If your card is bigger, I recommend this case: amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DJ6A88G/

I was in a simlar position. I mailed my PC once or twice... Don't reccomend it. I mean it worked, but they fucked up and almost lost it one time, other time they were so rough the case got bent.

Unironically a gaming laptop would be a decent choice.

I fit 4 2.5 drives in mine, perfect PC for going taking to uni and back during term times, even overseas in my case. Fits in a suitcase. Problem is it's only £40 which is great value, but if you travel with it a lot vibration will cause the motherboard mounts to shear over time due to the simple construction and thin steel. It is by far the case with the smallest volume that will fit all standard components. I downsized from a standard case and all I had to change was my CPU cooler. I recommend a blower style GPU, temperatures are more than satisfactory with my 6700 and 980.

get a fucking laptop then

theres a 6 core laptops with 1080 in it

Bought multiple of these cases. They check all the boxes with the exception that the construction is kinda flimsy, especially for a SIlverstone case

I really want to downsize my PC. I currently have it in a huge corsair air 540. I'm really considering buying a mITX mobo and case and throwing it all in there.
I'm going to live on a boat soon and I don't want to waste that much space, but would also like to still have a decent computer since I have everything except the small form factor stuff already.

Get a workstation/gaymen laptop like the architecture/design kids

Ncase M1
Louqe Ghost S1

The GPU and motherboard are back to back.

get a performance laptop + external gpu

6 core coffeelake laptops beats i7-7700k in multithreaded workloads now.

>The GPU and motherboard are back to back.
That's very nice and I think it should always be like that.

Get him the "Ghost S1" pc case.

Attached: ghost s1 fifth pic.png (1360x768, 1.43M)

>and accessories.

Why wouldn't he already have accessories. Even if he did not why would you use the shit built in keyboard and touch pad of a laptop? Not to mention a monitor can be used for multiple computers, where as the laptop will be useless once the hardware dies in a few years because they have zero quality control.

That's the beauty of desktops, you can use the same mouse/keyboard/monitor/case even if you change every internal component. That's why it's good to pick good accessories in the first place. You also probably won't even need to change everything, like the radiator or PSU. Now that Ryzen and AM4 are a thing you don't even need to change motherboards and CPUs all at once.

it won't be comfy for an ssd if you have one mounted to the back of the motherboard (which is common on ITX boards)

also expensive because of the ~12" long pcie riser cable that enables the design

>using a case

Attached: battlestation.jpg (3264x2448, 1.3M)

Fractal node 202 is a pretty compact design that still has room for and power.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (4000x3000, 1.16M)

i prefer my ML08

Attached: 7c5013df-355a-43ea-96a7-6d6732f4062f.png (515x221, 162K)