Be me

>be me
>"Linux is teh best"
>looking forward to weekend
>Saturday morning, decide to run upgrade
>Things broke, spent whole weekend fixing stuff

Y..year of Linux desktop?

Attached: 27891473_2050052468574194_5526243770183450624_n.jpg (750x936, 112K)

>try to do literally anything on Linux
>Have to add the ppa
>Update it
>Finally install it
(If it works)
>The app itself does then not do what you wanted
>Google around to see how to fix it
>Need to install like 2 other things
>Then you need to set up a script to run it on launch or launch it in terminal every single time, not just install and click play
>You finally have it all set up, 1 hour later after a load of googling
>Maybe it works if you're lucky

I didn't want to get shit done anyway haha

>using ubuntu
kek, I'd rather use gentoo

Trust random exe from random ass site, or PPA? Haven't had to add a PPA in a while, just enable some in the manager.

windows may be more your speed

ew ubuntu use something Red Hat based

La creatura

>Y..year of Linux desktop?
Five years away and always will be.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1490292472822.jpg (382x405, 101K)

USE UBUNTU YOU FAGGOTS.

Most usable distro out of the box.

I'll never get tired of this.

Mint > Ubuntu

t. Pleb

Honestly i dont get the problem with mint, its the only distro that worked with no complications (most were lack of driver support)

>Be me.
>Run Solus.
>Friday afternoon, decide to run updates.
>Everything just works.
Thanks, Ikey and team.

Attached: 1289466419932.jpg (543x431, 62K)

I use ubuntu 17.10 and it literally just werks

What distro?

>he does'nt use deepin, or solus

>run arch
>update every hour or so
>everything works every time

Shit That Never Happened: The Post

how the fuck do you even do that

besides on Neon this never happened to me

I'm waiting hard on Neon 18.04, using ubuntu 16.04 mate at work now

Attached: r73VJe3.gif (320x240, 1.32M)

HEY! ITS (you) AGAIN!!11

Attached: 1524178755783.gif (175x152, 1.95M)

Linux is supposed to be a secret club for 1337 hackers, so naturally any distro that isn't a dense, impenetrable fog will be well despised here.

Fixing from chroot takes five minutes. Try harder next time.