No NVMe

>no NVMe
>no 2700x
>only 2 sticks of ram

Will the perfect laptop ever exist?

Attached: rog-ryzen-gaming-laptop.jpg (1667x989, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.beyond3d.com/threads/list-of-rendering-resolutions.41152/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good thread, keep it up buddy

will do

the perfect laptop will exist when AMD crams a 7nm hexa core along with a 32CU gpu and HBM2 together

>580
>premium VR
kek

>hexa core

Not enough.

>40% higher performance compared to a 1600X is not enough

>gaming on a laptop

Just get a switch.

I'll get one when it isn't an under powered piece of shit running Tegra.

This.
Switch is less powerful than PS3.

Laptop doesn't need to be powerful. Just comfy enough. Thinkpad X2x0 series for instance.
Light and transportable.
Just ssh into a desktop beast for heavy shit.

Also op is a faggot.

>carrying around a ps3

kek

Attached: 1250685527496.jpg (1024x683, 829K)

You're not one of the gflops fags are you? because that would be very, very bad for you.
Due the modern GPU tech in the switch, it absolutely demolishes the PS3 in everything.
Even the shovelware on the switch runs at 900p or 1080p, while you need 6 years of hard work from polyphony digital to ALMOST get 1080p on the PS3.

>Will the perfect laptop ever exist?
Yes, they're called Mobile Workstations, not Ultrabooks.

>GBA SP
>GB Micro
>DSi AND DS Lite

this guys a fucking retard.

>1080p
Yeah shovel ware maybe
Actual games run at 720-900p

8c/16t where?

Not if you use the dock

Yep, meanwhile on PS3, shovelware ran at 720p, actual games ran at weird resolutions such as 1024x720.

Here's a funny list:
forum.beyond3d.com/threads/list-of-rendering-resolutions.41152/

>Gameboy Advance SP
>Gameboy Micro
>DS Lite
>DSi
what the fuck

Wasn't this the one with 1700x? Just swap the cpu

just curious what it is that you do that maxes out a hyperthreading quad...

>rog
>amd

Isnt it supposed to be Ares now?

>only 2 sticks of ram
you mean 2 sticks of ram soldered to the motherboard?

I think that's only with video cards. I.e. after the Jewish tricks of Nvidia, you won't be able to get and AMD ROG "Strix" card anymore as the Strix part is what Nvidia wants to make theirs. AMD would d
probably adopt Ares then. That or Cebarus because Ares is what Asus used to name their dual GPU cards.

Probably not. Closest I could find was the Alienware 17" with 120Hz 1440p G-SYNC panel but then they updated the range and took away the fucking 120Hz panel option, now you can have a GTX 1080 way overpowered for a 60hz 1920x1080 panel or a GTX 1080 way underpowered to run a 60Hz 4k panel.

W
H
Y

Fuck you Dell if you don't want my money

They already do.

Think that's bad? Look at the latest Asus TUF laptops. i5-300H for GTX 1060 6GB while i7-8750H for GTX 1050Ti 4GB.

i5-8300H*

>nvme on laptop
It's going to thermal throttle like a bitch when you're moving files, or else it'll run at 70-80c at all times.
Speaking from my own experience.

Everything else about it is great though, i9 CPU, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM, NVMe + 7200rpm or SSD storage, they just sperged and went full retard by taking away the screen panel anyone would want to buy

>Ares

Such a stupid name. They should have called it DOG (Democracy of Gamers) or DPROG (Democratic People's Republic of Gamers)

Only 2 dimm slots.

>soldered
Spotted the appletard

still better than SATA3

Brainlet here. This vs 8th gen i7 + 1050 4gb?

What's next? Will 5nm CPUs start generating power and consume heat because that is as likely as a 7nm hexacore cpu performing 40% better in a laptop than a 1600X on glofo's 7nm.

In case you have missed it the really important part of 7nm is not the normal improvements to power draw (= lower voltage), it's the target frequency we are so stoked about. It's a real high performance node with 5Ghz target instead of pitiful 3Ghz target of the 14nm LPP. But make no mistake, the high clockspeeds will cost a lot of voltage nether the less, so don't think your 65W Cpu will come anywhere near 5Ghz without a tdp increase.

it's literally saying on the specs that you can get 40% higher frequency at the same power compared to 14LPP or a 60% power reduction at the same frequency

Yeah and 12nm has 10-15% more performance.

>mfw the DS Lite can play games from all the older handhelds