Name one (1) tech tribe that's dumber than cryptocultists (pro-tip: you literally can't)

Name one (1) tech tribe that's dumber than cryptocultists (pro-tip: you literally can't)

Attached: it's been over a decade and the scale problems still haven't been figured out.png (704x306, 85K)

Jow Forums

anti-nn

Audiophiles

anti what

net neutrality

Government intervensionists, like pro-nn redditors.

I'm anti net neutrality, explain why I'm dumb.

he could but you're dumb so you wouldn't understand

what the fuck do half those words mean

cause essentially its to prevent double dipping and traffic discrimination.

Imagine if your airline told you "whoa bud, you cant fly on this airline. You have been flying too much and even though you have paid for your ticket at the same price as everyone else, you must now pay more" except in this case, you the customer have already paid for the ticket, the content provider has already paid for the ticket, and the ISP is still insisting on being paid

if he tells me that that's not what net neutrality is, then he's too dumb

second quote was meant for

Applel

Not an argument.

You're explaining why net neutrality is good (while ignoring why it's bad). You still haven't explained why I'm dumb for disagreeing with only the cherry-picked part of an argument.

And also no, that's not what net neutrality is. It's the exact opposite, that's one of the things net neutrality disallows. Apparently I'm not the dumb one here.

Thus, he is too dumb to get it. he's convinced that it somehow censors people
CALLED IT

also, you need more reading comprehension. I was illustrating what double dipping and network discrimination looks like.

What? Where did I mention censorship? What are you even talking about?
>CALLED IT
Mate, you posted an analogy for double dipping. Do I seriously need to explain that net neutrality is not an analogy for double dipping?

I did understand your post, but your exact words were
>if he tells me that's not what net neutrality is
And in fact, net neutrality and your analogy for double dipping are not the same thing. It's not my fault you contradicted yourself.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how I'm dumb.

>making money is dumb

After a certain point they all just sound like the same thing.

Shit.

It's true. Everything will be decentralized, the government and the businesses will be abolished.

Why are pro-non flags always presenting there side with shitty analogies that make zero sense? Also watch as they fail to explain how turning last mile ISPs into a class 2 utility even approaches the solution they claim it does. Maybe they make another consumerist analogy.

They make no sense to you because you're dumb.

guys
we use a the power of decentralized ledgers and smart contracts in the blockchain in a new truly revolutionary coin called Loocoin
whenever pajeet uses a proper toilet the nano transaction is stored in the ledger and a smart decentralized contract is generated thereby incentivizing pajeet to shit in a loo instead of the street through the power of the blockchain
i predict it will moon and get a 1k eoy

Attached: 1524201952430.png (600x450, 263K)

Christ, this. Every NN post is always
>it's like if you go into a bakery
>imagine if you're on a plane
>it's basically like going to the supermarket
Learn to describe a problem without resorting to 50 analogies.

It's like you go to mcdonalds and pay for a hamurburguer but they tell you it will take 2 hours to prepare it unless you pay a premium fee to get it in 2 minutes

There'd be comparable stupidity around anything with as many hypester bullshit artists looking to make millions off of vapor. The idiots go where the noise is.

Dub dubs confirm truth.

Attached: 1513480774485.jpg (640x620, 54K)

also mcdonalds and burguer king are the only restaurants in town because it's literally illegal to operate a burguer joint and they forced store chains to remove ingredients to prepare hamburguers so literally the only way to get a hamburguer is either killing a cow and harvesting the wheat yourself or buying it from either mcdonalds or burguer king

There are already implementations of the blockchain where the scale issue has been dealt with.

There's also the whole consensus thing.

Net neutrality ensures you can't be charged for website "packages" the way cable companies do with television stations.

I don't understand how you think it's bad.

anti x86/AMD64 people

The best argument against it is that you have to license x86 which automatically fucks any and all competition, because they still have to pay Intel, who can at any time revoke that said license.

I completely agree with you, crypto is a fad, but the scale problem has been solved with dag coins.

The real problem is why would I want to accept payment with a volitile asset which makes my taxes more complicated?

When did this happen?

It hasn't and we shouldn't let it. That's the point.

but they are offering you a choice. You don't have to buy those packages. There is a reason they are usually the cheapest.
>inb4 but what if the isp has a monopoly
That's your problem. Not every country is as retarded and as failed as USA

You're literally talking about an American legal policy, are you retarded?

Unless you're AMD, then Intel can't ever revoke your license, beucase they're court ordered to license x86 AMD to in perpetuity.
Similarly AMD must license AMD64 to Intel in perpetuity

>calls me retarded
Net Neutrality is just the blanket term for what it is in different countries

explain why you're anti net neutrality without MUH GUBMINT REGS LESS REGS IS BETTER *parrot noise*

Dominos AU are seriously doing that...

Attached: dominos.jpg (1600x1200, 460K)

actually scratch that
i don't care

nobody cares

Instead of incentivizing good practice, we'll just ban (confiscate) some part of shareholders assets because people on the internet told me so.
Why shouldn't customers be able to pay money to get better service? By customers i mean companies like jewgle. It's a bussiness, you're not the only costomers isps have, why should it protect your over the companies interests?

But you guys don't tip right? That's basically a roundabout way of tipping.

singularity fags

Drivers don't need tips, they get $18+ an hour and ~$2 per delivery for fuel and maintenance (unless driving a dominos car, then they just get the $18 per hour)
Also, the drivers don't see any of the extra payment.

>Why shouldn't customers be able to pay money to get better service?
they can
that's why the isps are chimping out

bandwidth deliverers (content) paid the backbone provider for service
bandwidth distributors (service) paid the backbone provider for service

bandwidth distributors (the isps) aren't paying enough
they can buy more as things were
why aren't they?
why are they lobbying for a repeal?

Then that's dumb. So it's delivery insurance? Where you get a refund or something if they're late?

>with nn
>20mbps for $5/mo
>without nn
>10mbps for $5/mo
Wow some choice.

NN doesn't set minimum link speeds.

Lots of Countries have monopolies on ISPs. They also have relatively inexpensive internet and good speeds.
They remain monopolies because the profit margins on internet service are relatively low, with high start-up/exit costs, and a homogeneous product. Investors would rather create business elsewhere. Even smaller ISPs that do compete will favor anti-competitive techniques, remaining in smaller areas, because expansion is simply more trouble than it's worth. It's easier to cooperate with competitors, rather than to spend your profit margins competing with them.

Because internet is a homogeneous product, you cannot use diversification to drive prices up and increase profit margins. As a result, technology using internet service has flourished. But ISPs want a piece, and removing NN is how they can do that by manipulating another business. Instead of developing their own competing software, they want to force consumers to pay more for using software that competes with their services. It's like Microsoft telling you that, if you want to use another web browser, you have to pay them a fee.

It's absurd. It promotes degenerate business practices like moving funding away from R&D and expansion to create artifical bottle-necks and scarcity. It encourages companies to bilk consumers for tiered services. They want to meter you.

Removing NN will only allow ISPs to stifle innovation in the tech industry by pushing their alternatives or blocking competing services, as they did to Skype when wifi data was essentially free. But, of course, it wasn't fee. You were just already paying for it. And that pissed them off because they want you to pay them again. And they want you to believe you deserve to pay them again because "muh free markets".

I guess ideologues are simpler than economic theory but this shit has been worked out for about 100 years now and were proven during the electric, telecommunication, AND cable expansions.

They may be dumb but biz makes the best memes.

fpbp