/sqt/

/sqt/
Stupid Questions Thread.
ITT ask stupid questions that could have been answered if you weren't stupid.
Prev:

Attached: 1509367360321.jpg (624x500, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Pro-Flash-Drive/dp/B01019TDJ8
zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>The best format will be whatever matches the audio codec the video uses.
Really? So that means if a video presents .m4a codec as the audio, then should I trans-code it to still .m4a?

>It doesn't matter if one lossy format happens to produce better audio quality IN GENERAL, trans coding from one lossy to another is always hurts the quality.
I already know this, yes. That's why I only mentioned the lossy formats, and mentioned .flac is completely out of question.

>You can save any audio as a lossless flac, although that's a pretty big waste of space, since you have the lossy audio quality taking up lossless filesize.
That's bad and no one should do that, which I know that too, so of course I don't that. It doesn't guarantee any benefits, only downsides.

la creatura

what's the least awful public tracker for movies.

I have a motherboard that I washed and it's still a little wet and it's been like that for a year.

....what? this isn't even a question but I'll bite. What did you wash it with? have you tried packing it in rice, or throwing it into the oven at low heat?

Do you live in arizona where t he humidity if 100% all year round?
It isnt still wet if its been drying for a whole fucking year

1. That isn't a question.
2. What did you wash it in?
3. Why?
4. WHY?
5. You probably dun fucked up and it's probably dead now.

You mean georgia? Arizona has 0% humidity year round.

best IRC app for android?
prefer less bloat over features

>have you tried packing it in rice
Yes
I washed it with simple water

termux and irssi?

Again, WHY? It's not a keyboard, you can't just chuck it in the dishwasher and expect it to be okay. And if it really was nothing but water, it should evaporate in way less than a year.

Even if it's distilled water, it's almost certainly corroded something after a year.

PITA on a phone.

Best I've used is Andchat. It's still not up to the quality of Hexchat but it works well enough.

Is there a fucking way to safely uninstall updates without absolutely fucking up the system and spending hours recovering to a previous point.
I'm on Win7 by the way, send help.

Attached: 1524278817341.jpg (584x433, 30K)

looks like michael jackson

It should just werk. What kind of shit are you trying to remove?

Programs & Features -> updates. You can uninstall an update from there. If that doesn't go well, use System Restore. If that manages to fuck things up it's basically hosed.

I'm trying to uninstall a fairly useless update but the goddamn thing keeps removing important api files from System32 (api-ms-win-***.dll). I've looked it up and it's supposedly a common thing.
Gonna try again but If the fucking shit does it again I'm gonna have to reinstall fucking Windows again FUCK.

If it's just "useless", why bother?

Are you sure that update doesn't supply those files and you need the update for whatever you're trying to run?

If that isn't the case, backup the files, uninstall the update, put the files back, and run sfc /scannow. Hopefully SFC will replace them with the correct versions if they're wrong.

honestly

just setup a windows auto install boot with the latest updates, and system settings that you need.

and then use that program which i forget the name right now, that auto install software to install the shit you frequently use, that is, if most arent portable already

Can someone please fucking help me
>AT2035 XLR microphone
>AudioBox USB
>48v is on
>windows 7

My pc wont pick up any sound at ALL from this thing not from windows, not from obs, not from discord but the weird thing is if I open up Studio One recording software it picks up my mic just fine. god please help

Attached: 3f1b1571b1c54d92ad8657cc074d52935c43d191969bcc9dfe5c7a8d54cf5a0d.png (255x194, 40K)

Oh well I'm fucking retarded, I uninstalled it on safe mode and it worked like a charm.
Thanks to everyone.

Attached: 1515959167761.jpg (1024x768, 119K)

Is there a way to output audio to multiple devices (say, headphones and a speaker) simultaneously on Windows 10 without a dedicated sound card?

Virtual cables

studying systems engineering, i want to buy a macbook, should i buy a macbook air now and replace it with a pro in like 4/5 years? or should i buy the pro (base model) right away? im really afraid of what i heard about the keyboard, i will just be using it mainly for programming, youtube, office documents, and web browsing. maybe i should wait and see if the 2018 lineup brings a new air or a better keyboard for the pro? i need it at the start of july

Attached: 1502230074719.png (400x280, 94K)

Is there a way to apply the same level of zoom to all directories in the Windows 10 file explorer?

Get a lenovo

How do I into promises and generator functions in ECMAScript? I've been stuck on 'em for too long now, and it's halting my progression with the language.

Make your folder how you want all the folders to be, and then do pic related.

Attached: Capture.jpg (382x468, 47K)

how do it get rid of the windows manager title bar on firefox?

Attached: fucking_hell.png (1024x600, 189K)

I have 4months to change my life, there is no alternative where the status quo works, I need to go from zero to having enough money to move to a new apartment and buy a car, possibly need a new job too.
Is there any way I can use the internet to achieve this? Locally there are no opportunities to just grind out endless hours of minwage work to hit goals, no realistic irl career changes incoming either in this timeframe, I live in a tiny town.

Absolutely terrified of whats to come, I dropped out of society almost entirely, had a breakdown, slept rough, moved to a new state to start over and my past is coming to visit for some reason, I would take nuclear war over this. I have a low paid part time job in a florists, have a tiny little apartment I rent, Im broke but happy living with no friends or responsibilities just doing whatever I want everyday. Family taking it upon themselves to come visit is going to fuck everything up, Ive lied to people here about my family and Ive lied to my family about what I do here, these worlds were never meant to clash ever. I fucking love my shitty little life, why cant they just fuck off and leave me alone, Ive had to lie to both groups because I vouldnt tell either Im here to hide from old friends and I was homeless, Im the only one that suffered and thats fine.
I have almost unlimited free time, a computer, there must be something I can do.

I need xcode for ios programming

Attached: 1502228852553.jpg (400x400, 16K)

Run it in a vm/vagrant

How do you buy windows 10?

I bought a thinkpad the other day and wnat to put windows on it for real life stuff. How do I buy windows?

Attached: download (4).jpg (264x191, 7K)

this is the opposite of meeting new friends on the internet!

why does this exist and how do I make opera stop turning it back on (recently ditched chrome if that's relevant)

Attached: why.png (189x60, 3K)

amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Pro-Flash-Drive/dp/B01019TDJ8

Uncheck title bar

Kinguin

go bark at youtube not at opera. that may be stored in a cookie but i'm not sure. does it turn itself on after cleaning your browser?

Where can I find that option?

How many uses does that have?
Why a flash drive why not a disk?

Thanks, works as intended.

>get malware or some shit
>reinstall windows
>go to rarbg
>"Our system has detected abnormal activity from your ip address"
>need to fill captcha every 30 minutes or so

how 2 fix this? i'm sure it was that fucking virus

>214.95 USD
shit is expensive yo

also i thought thinkpads already came with a windows license embedded in uefi. can you buy a thinkpad without windows?

make google get to know you. fuck recaptcha

Attached: fuck.jpg (680x680, 31K)

hook it up. see if it lives

Wait what about it embrdded?

It already has windows 7 but I cant reformat it ._.

Customize

>make google get to know you

Attached: ???.png (125x143, 38K)

Try upgrading

zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

>I cant reformat it
why not?

if the computer has a windows sticker but not the sticker with the serial number then you might already have an oem license in the bios. you can retrieve the existing windows key with ProduKey by nirsoft.

it's been a while since i used windows so someone else correct me if i'm wrong.

logging in to google reduces recaptchas

oh i thought i was already logged lol
i'll check again in 30 minutes if it keeps asking for captcha
thanks fám

Dunno about the former, I suggested a drive because I don't know whether or not your machine has an optical drive.

the default windows 10 photo viewer sucks, what's a good alternative?
just tried 123 photo viewer pic related and it sucks also

Attached: 2018-04-23_141325.png (666x226, 7K)

Xnview

My computer's split across two hard drives. ProgramFiles and ProgramFilesx86 are on my SSD C:\

my documents, my pictures, my music, my videos, my downloads and all of that shit are on E:\ which is a separate HDD

If I do a 'Clean Install' of Win10, is my shit on E:\ safe or should I physically remove it from my pc so that there's no chance of it getting affected by the reinstall?

yes it's safe I did it with mine

I think I'm gonna unplug it anyway, I'm too scared.

it's not there for some reason, it should be under "toolbars" right?

Try AndroIRC.

Is using "Nip" offensive when referring to a Japanese person? I always thought it was relatively neutral but got a nasty glare when I used it at work today

My SD Card went to shit. not sure if i have to clean it off or it is my computer fucking up. There's the green light on my computer, but otherwise the card doesn't show up

Attached: 1356908288839.jpg (290x357, 29K)

it's completely safe, but you lose nothing by unplugging
the only bad you can do is ~accidentally~ format the hdd when trying to install windows

Im running XFCE on a laptop and cant figure out how to set it to hibernate and lock when i close the lid, with the help of the botnet overlord google i could not find a result.

>Where would nebraska be if it wasn't in North America?
If it was under toolbars you would know in like 2 seconds.

can (you) help a little bit more, please?

I have an old 550ti that I'm trying to use in an HTPC. Here's the situation:

- HDMI -> PC monitor works
- HDMI -> TV does not work (no signal on TV)
- HDMI -> TV from all of my other devices works

So HDMI output on the graphics card works, HDMI input on the TV works, but the particular combination of graphics card+TV does not work. What could be causing this? Am I fucked?

I told you where it is. If you want to confirm that something's busted in your browser, you can post a screenshot.

Anyone have a Chegg login I could borrow?

Why does this cow get posted in these threads so much?

use xfce4-power-manager

Attached: xfce_power_manager.png (1024x600, 494K)

there you go, I can't find anything about the title bar

Attached: customise.png (1024x600, 90K)

Some people decided she was hot and should represent /sqt/. Personally I'm just glad I don't have to stare at dwite as much.

Probably ain't an option in linux. You can try fucking around with userchrome, but if it was that easy the option probably wouldn't be missing.

Thats just the thing, its not installed on my comp, and i cant find a download for it

okay then, thanks for the responding

it should be on your distro repo, weird

Try gook, slope, ching-chong, slanty-eyes, or japboy.

Is there a terminal download for it? I found a github for one, but the latest release was 2010

Every time I get a timestamp error, something like [matroska @ 0x55fcfd3d4780] Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 0. This is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the timestamps properly
[matroska @ 0x55fcfd3d4780] Can't write packet with unknown timestamp
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument
Remuxing to mp4 first I get this [mp4 @ 0x5631436bb780] Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 0. This is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the timestamps properly then this repeatedly [mp4 @ 0x5631436bb780] pts has no value from which I can remux to mkv
Is there some flag I can pass that'll allow me to skip the mp4 middleman?

what distro do you use?

Mint, first linux so i didnt want to break my computer

Please, someone, recommend me a good dark gtk3 theme that
- has scrollbar arrows and
- allows for scrollbar left-click page-up/page-down behaviour (instead of the retarded official gtk3 way of left-click jump-to-wherever-you-clicked).

I'm using gentoo with xfce, and I compile most of the stuff I use with gtk2 flags, but many packages have gtk3 hard dependencies, so I'm stuck using boje, which kinda looks shit, but is the only dark gtk3 theme that allows for that behavior. By the way, I use Elegant GTK as GTK2 theme, so if it's something similar, I'd really appreciate it.

By the way, I tried making a settings.ini file in ~/.config/gtk-3.0 with gtk-primary-button-warps-slider = false to supposedly make the scroll behave like normal, but it did absolutely fuck all.

I believe it's the one guy

just run "sudo apt install xfce4-power-manager"

Shouldn't it be in start button > settings > settings manager > power manager?

What.

Attached: received_10156338200332959.jpg (1080x1794, 124K)

Well people periodically chime in that they think she's hot, so if it is actually just one dude, he's extremely bored, even by this site's standards.

What.

in the butt.

Attached: 1503276877989.jpg (800x450, 39K)

is alexa on a pi a thing?
has anyone effectively done it?

Attached: good.gif (315x572, 95K)

what is this supposed to mean?

Attached: mpc-hc.png (355x33, 21K)

can i sue a company for not honoring an employees email?

an employee at my apartment told me that there was only a 150 dollar fee associated with transferring apartments, which i was ok with. they emailed me this directly from their work email. later i got charged 450, 300 for them having to find a sublet for my old apartment and 150 for the transfer fee.

i showed them the email from the employee and they said that the employee was wrong and that i still had to pay the fee. if i pay the fee now can i take them to small claims court and get it back? is there a good chance of winning?

>2018
>not using hooktube

Hey Jow Forums
Is there a way to delay (for just a millisecond) a command on the i3 conf file?
I'm using nitrogen (exec nitrogen --restore) for my two wallpapers for my two monitors and it only sets up one of them (and the wrong one), but then when I execute on a terminal "nitrogen --restore" it sets them up perfectly.
I think this happens because i3 executes this before setting up my X displays configuration (I use "exec xfsettingsd", from xfce).
On the i3 conf file I have the X displays command before the nitrogen one, so I guess the i3 conf file does not get read from top to bottom (like a python/java/c++/... program).

use feh, nitrogen is gui shit that you dont need in i3.
the bash sleep command will work for what you want
exec --no-startup-id sleep 0.3; nitrogen --restore # change it with feh you hemorrhoid