twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

feh

sxiv
github.com/muennich/sxiv

eye of mate

pqiv

ranger + w3m is also breddy gud

Viewnior

Attached: 1515296526636.jpg (204x247, 10K)

I used to use irfanview on windoze but now I don't have a good image viewer that's like it. What's the best simple image viewer that still has basic editing features like crop, rotate, resize?

I used to use Irfanview too, but some years ago I switched to XNviewmp, which also works on OSX and Linux. It's pretty extensible and customizable.

Sounds good, thanks. I'll check it out. Irfanview is the one thing I really miss from Windows.

Who's this Penis Dev?

i like feh

Firefox

It's also actively developed and you can make suggestions on a forum.

whats the best imagine viewer for windows, though? i am using xnviewmp and am pretty satisfied, but is there something better?

Feh

nomacs + frameless + set to always float in i3

Do you have a high red of this?

I always felt it was slower than Irfanview, especially with large, high quality images. Have they improved on this?

As for linux, I've just been using ristretto or gthumb when I needed one. Most of my images are still on a windows box.

This

I just use irfanview through wine lmao

did you ever find a solution for how it loads files in a semi-random order when you do that?

this or gwenview

It doesn't. Maybe you keep your files in folders with spaces? Maybe you changed the default sort order

Attached: ss-23042018-15:44:20.png (1920x1200, 1.52M)

Viewnoir

No and no. It's easy to see when you have a folder of files saved off Jow Forums with timestamp names. it'll load some files starting 130xxxxx then skip to 145xxxxx and back to 137xxxxx. If they have alphabetic names it works fine, but all-number filenames are jumbled.

clusterfuck-keybindings/10
muh-nigga/10
die/10
kys/10
have-you-thought-about-killing-yourself/10
look-i-need-gui/10
>wanting wangblows on loonix
kys
ur mom
i-like-your-mom/10
10/10
>asking for wangblows program on loonix thread
kill yourself
consider-suicide/10
drink-bleach/10
fucking-idiot/10
off-you-go/10

>linux
its trash whatever it is

Attached: iview.webm (1920x1200, 908K)

Irfanview runs, decently, under wine.

Well I checked again, and you were right, it was the sort order. Apparently whatever iview does to try and do natural-language sorting instead of strict alphabetical is what was causing that. thanks for indirectly motivating me to uncover my fuckup

Rotate and resize pretty much work the same everywhere.
But I haven't seen cropping done better than in gwenview.

Attached: cropping.png (1316x746, 501K)

>Have they improved on this?
I dropped irfanview too long ago and have too bad of a memory of it to compare them in any reasonable way. I can say that I never noticed any problems with high resolution images and/or 500mb+ psd files. Although it seems like XNviewMP sometimes takes a few seconds to start when I launch it directly (i.e. not by opening an image) - which I assume is because it tries to load a large directory into cache or something.

I haven't done any rigorous tests of course and it's just a gut feeling. If it's really important to you, I suggest you download the latest version and compare them side-by-side. And in case it's important info: I don't have an ssd.

Appears to be identical to XNviewMP. On that note, I really like that you can paste the clipboard in a new file with ctrl+shift+v.

Attached: Clipboard.jpg (1920x1137, 94K)

They look very similar, but the gwenview still looks better.
xnviewmp isn't in the repo, is it proprietary?

eben moglen is the logical successor to stallman

Yes, pic related. Apparently it's in the AUR and I'd assume the dev provides a .deb package or whatever somewhere.

Attached: lic.jpg (602x370, 34K)

gpicview is not that bad and mimics the one in windows

mupdf

i like ristretto, even though sometimes it's slow to load when opening a file from a directory with many files (say, more than 2000)

Attached: Captura de pantalla_2018-04-23_11-56-04.png (398x351, 16K)

feh

Attached: DGk4c7vXoAIN8et.jpg (675x1200, 109K)

mpv

ahoviewer

I'm partial to irfanview with all the plugins. it also has a neat little thumbnail program for organizing stuff that' pretty handy for organizing stuff, and it's quick once you get the keyboard shortcuts down

Viewnior

cute whore

>decent viewer
>whorrid viewing
If only feh = img editor...
Then life = comfy

There's too many to choose from and new ones constantly keep popping up.
So the answer is that there's one for everyone.

the one true answer is, someday someone will port irfanview to linux and the contest will be over

You have a little too much free time bud, maybe try doing something more productive

if the faggot that wrote it would get over himself and GPL it, people would port it for him

But what's the best image viewer with animated GIF/WEBM support? sxiv is comfy but I still can't preview animated stuff

Attached: wait a second.png (328x396, 54K)

I've been using Gqview since forever, all it needs is a multithreaded thumbnail generator.

>flaming people on Jow Forums
>not productive

Any viewer for Windows which has filmstrip/vertical-stitch/infinite scrolling mode for muh comics? Like those korean novels have all pages in one page for you only to scroll downward.
I wish Honeyview had it.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1524506565929.jpg (490x490, 131K)

This, unironically

+1 for gwenview

Need gifs?: Sxiv.
Don't need gifs?: Feh (which is also the fastest wallpaper setter)

Attached: 1522610422281-0-b.jpg (800x571, 111K)

check this out too
github.com/occivink/mpv-gallery-view

Is there an agreed-upon term for vid related?
Why the fuck can't image viewers implement this but websites can?
Should be even easier for image viewer software.

Attached: Video_2018-04-23_200946.webm (400x392, 1.87M)

sauce on thot?
or at least image name, hash etc
t. data hoarder

arhivach.org/thread/354287/#174228307

>Best linux image viewer is?
Exclusively printing image files over FTP to an undisclosed location that sends them to your house via untraceable underground methods. Every image is printed with the blood of infants and small animals.

xv
Just add the jumbo patches.

Ahoviewer

Not an image viewer program, but I use manga loader to enable infinite scrolling manga on popular websites.

why is that doujin in exhentai

I'm using it too, but i'd need something for muh downloaded shit, and i have too much zip and rar crap to waste my life converting to cbr or whatever for elaborate measures like Sumatra reader and such stink.
Good fucking God why do image viewers stink so much?

Because it has a non-H section which is filled with a lot of interesting shit.

>converting zip and rar to cbz and cbr
They're the exact same format, just a different name.

But you still need to convert them because software is too retarded to equate. Just because we understand it doesn't mean the machine does due to the folly of retarded humans who can't program them correctly.

delet

Sure but it's a simple renaming operation, and it's not particularly hard or time consuming to do. There are dozens of very simple methods in linux and windows to batch rename all files in a directory. You could also automate it with a script.

easy

sxiv

Gwenview for powerful, Eye of MATE for comfy.

Thanks for the info, I just tried this two and I liked them

I can't see animated gifs with sxiv, I use pqiv.

Is feh more light than sxiv or pqiv?

She is so cute, despite her skin color.

sensible-browser

I have been using it for years and to be honest haven't given trying something else a thought

Ristretto is nice

what's the closest thing to honeyview on linux?

Nomacs

Attached: never change.png (634x663, 110K)

Honeyview

Windows Photo and fax viewer

>Pajeet posting sexy Pajeetas

Stop being creepy, Pajeet.

Eye of Gnome, comes preinstalled and works. If I need to edit pictures, I use an image editor. This is a viewer.

Attached: viewer.png (951x718, 531K)

>XNviewmp
not bad

ImageGlass

>mfw my penis will never be developed by a latin qt3.14
why even live

This

No, user, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation. Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ. One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you? (An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By my definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.

Attached: 1496687133454.png (800x450, 311K)

Next, even if we limit the GNU/Linux title to the GNU-based Linux distributions, we run into another obvious problem. XFree86 may well be more important to a particular Linux installation than the sum of all the GNU contributions. More properly, shouldn't the distribution be called XFree86/Linux? Or, at a minimum, XFree86/GNU/Linux? Of course, it would be rather arbitrary to draw the line there when many other fine contributions go unlisted. Yes, I know you've heard this one before. Get used to it. You'll keep hearing it until you can cleanly counter it. You seem to like the lines-of-code metric. There are many lines of GNU code in a typical Linux distribution. You seem to suggest that (more LOC) == (more important). However, I submit to you that raw LOC numbers do not directly correlate with importance. I would suggest that clock cycles spent on code is a better metric. For example, if my system spends 90% of its time executing XFree86 code, XFree86 is probably the single most important collection of code on my system. Even if I loaded ten times as many lines of useless bloatware on my system and I never excuted that bloatware, it certainly isn't more important code than XFree86. Obviously, this metric isn't perfect either, but LOC really, really sucks. Please refrain from using it ever again in supporting any argument. Last, I'd like to point out that we Linux and GNU users shouldn't be fighting among ourselves over naming other people's software. But what the heck, I'm in a bad mood now. I think I'm feeling sufficiently obnoxious to make the point that GCC is so very famous and, yes, so very useful only because Linux was developed. In a show of proper respect and gratitude, shouldn't you and everyone refer to GCC as 'the Linux compiler'? Or at least, 'Linux GCC'? Seriously, where would your masterpiece be without Linux? Languishing with the HURD? If there is a moral buried in this rant, maybe it is this:

Be grateful for your abilities and your incredible success and your considerable fame. Continue to use that success and fame for good, not evil. Also, be especially grateful for Linux' huge contribution to that success. You, RMS, the Free Software Foundation, and GNU software have reached their current high profiles largely on the back of Linux. You have changed the world. Now, go forth and don't be a nag. Thanks for listening.

Geeqie.

>fbi
For when no X
>feh
For when X