1920x1080 = stone age resolution

>tfw your tablet you bought nearly 6 years ago has a higher resolution (2048x1536) than your monitor you bought a few months ago

2560x1440 is easily the best resolution out now. I don't know how much longer I can suffer on 1080p. 3840x2160 doesn't have high refresh rate yet so that's not an option. Looks like I'm going to spend a few hundred dollars on a 144Hz WQHD monitor.

Attached: image.jpg (2560x1440, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have a standard def monitor at work and a "retina" MacBook Pro at home and in all honesty 99% of the time I don't notice the difference. The sharpness is a nice novelty I guess

name 1 reason for higher refresh rate other than games

Games are barely starting to run in 1080p at 120, new resolutions are gonna bring us back to much 60fps

There's no going back after trying 144/165Hz. Even your cursor looks like shit on 60Hz.

That's strange. I guess the experience is different from person to person.

games

Higher refresh rates are not just for games. Just scrolling down a webpage, moving your cursor across the screen and moving windows around feels better on high refresh rate monitors.

games feel better too

So, you mean it's a rock solid and time tested staple resolution everyone should have? I agree!

Exactly. The older games can run at 1440p 144fps and the newer games can run at 1440p 60fps.

>doubling power consumption so you can have prettier cursor and scroll

This.

Obviously.

Everyone should have had it. Now it's time to move on to better things.

>being a poorfag

thank you for your contribution to our wonderful little board

Even if that is true, so what? I think it's worth it. You're just jelly that you're a filthy 60Hz peasant.

Attached: image.jpg (235x215, 14K)

You're welcum cunt

youre wasting power that could be used for something valuable
youre wasting oxygen too get off my board you

>doesn't deny being a filthy 60Hz peasant
60Hz scum of the earth cuntfirmed.

Attached: image.jpg (485x443, 43K)

I'd splurge for a 4K monitor when we get mainstream readily available 4K content, games, movies, etc, and when storage and internet speeds catch up.

For now I'd rather have more monitors or more hertz.

i cap my refresh rate to 30fps to save trees, what are you gping to do about that, mad ?

Yeah the reason why I'm choosing to get a 1440 monitor over a 2160 is because refresh rate is more important than resolution to me. 1440 seems to be a perfect middle ground.

>30Hz to save trees
Shit tier b8. I once set my refresh rate to 30Hz to see how it was and it was AIDS x1,000,000. No one can use that.

Attached: image.jpg (883x704, 192K)

>i dont have anything to fill the void in my life other than additional frames
not everyone is like you user

4k is best resolution
fuck your "I need 144hz to game derrrr"

got three 4k 28 inchers, most productive shit ever if you actually use your computer for things aside from playing games.

>ftw your tablet is dpi scaled so that it cant hold half the content a 1280x720 monitor can

not all of us reply to waste time and energy

yet here we are...

(not him btw) just another normie fag on the chans

not OP but

im a normie fag here, my work doesnt revolve around a desk or pc's so 3 monitors are useless to me.

i like my 24" 144hz monitor, cool stuff for my games, cool stuff for my video editing, just good stuff in general everyday use

now back to other chan boards i go :D

I had a 1600x900 monitor for like 6 years and the only issue with it was that music software felt cramped. Big resolutions are pretty overrated, same with multiple monitors. I have nothing against either of them, but I really don't see what the fuss is about.

> tfw u still use vga port display at 1360x768

also the surprising lack of 4k content makes it not worth it... already got a 4K tv... most of my 4k content is local media or UHD blu rays/digital download... got any place for streaming 4k content?

no torrents. been there done that when i was student.

now im a big boi with some income so it aint an issue buying or purchasing a subcription

there aren't distribution formats that work well with high definition media, so the only reason to have a high resolution screen is for games

Lack of 4k content == "I'm poor and cannot afford 4k"

>GPU puts out a few hundred frames
>having a shit tier monitor that only allows you to see 60

Essentially wasting frames.

people didn't think 4k through
hell, my phone has a 4k screen and it can't physically play videos at 4k30 without stuttering

>3840x2160 doesn't have high refresh rate yet so that's not an option.

Back to /v/ child.

>implying you don't like the gaymes too

4K monitors are actually relatively affordable so you can't pull out the "you're a poorfag" card.

you didn't even read my post
all my 4k content is primarily local (saved stuff on my pc or UHD blu-ray/digital downloads

i explicitly said i have no issue paying for content

are non normie fags this illiterate?
do yall project ur shortcomings and insecurities on everyone you meet and dont meet?
or are you just dumb and cant read 3 lines of text for 60 secs?

Jow Forums just wants to be mature and filter out all the "gaymen" and "weebs" on their pretentious board

every board shits on a generic user description

its always hilarious how the hated group/s can change over the years

just how fucking high of a refresh rate do you need? there are plenty of 4K 144Hz monitors

4K 144Hz monitors exist? On what planet? I went on Newegg and only saw 60Hz for 4K monitors.

isnt the ASUS ROG one out?

asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/

comes out in May, i thought March

1920x1080@144hz IPS is and will forever be THE masterrace.

The standard is supported by literally every media, and looks comfy. Why waste power on anything higher than 80 ppi?

About that... Why is my phone 2560x1440? 720p ought to be enough...

1080p looks like garbage compared to 4k

Why the heck does a fucking phone need to be 4k? I mean I know, they don't really make real innovations anymore and just increasing some numbers will make for good marketing for normies, but it's still stupid. I'd be okay with a 720p phone, in fact I've been using one for 3 years and it still has a better display than more than 95% of the phones on the market.

Is it a waste to buy a 580 on a 32' 1360x769 tv?

It's more about screen real estate for me as I use 100% scaling all the time

as long as it doesn't drop below 60 it's better to run with fewer frame rates than having a 100hz monitor but couln't put past 90fps in several games.

This is dumb. Just working on a high refresh monitor is better. Can't wait for 4k 100hz Korean monitors

1080p 144Hz is masterrace???

No, you stupid shit. 1440p 144Hz is masterrace.

>being this poor so you hate on others

>I’m unique

It’s you’re probably still a kissless virgin kys

This Jow Forums is too normie tier. Might as well argue you don’t need anything past one fucking core and 1GB of ram. Jow Forums gets more poor fags by the daily who never even felt what pussy is like baka

what about 165hz monitors
is that a hipster refresh rate or what

2560x1440 is shit. 2560x1600 is where it's at. 2048x1536 is nice if you want to write documents, because dat 4:3 ratio.

16:9 resolutions are universally shit. Go with a business aspect ratio or go home.

>tfw your tablet you bought nearly 6 years ago has a higher resolution (2560x1600) (Nexus 10)
Fixed.
And I bought my 2560x1600 30' monitor back in 2011.
So I've had two devices with 2560x1600, and I've had my UHD for a while as well.

Yee, it is. 144Hz is mainstream and 165Hz is not.

16:9 resolutions are shit? What the shit is 2560x1600? 16:10? Are you one of those 16:10 hipsters?

I bought the "new iPad" nearly six years ago. It has a resolution of 2048x1536. I wasn't dumb enough to fall for the Android tablet meme. If you are going to get a tablet, you either buy Apple or don't buy a tablet at all.

>buy 120ghz screen
>the smoothness is incredible
>sometimes when I'm bored I'll open a random window and keep dragging it around from side to side really fast just because it's fun

worth it

yes.

Sucks to be you with that shitty resolution.
You can't even use your tablet as a portable HDD, can't connect a regular keyboard or mouse, can't control and connect a DS4 controller, can't play flac music, can't copy things to your device without the cancerous bottleneck known as iTunes(bonjour trojan program)

>connect a keyboard or mouse to a tablet
Isn't the whole point of a tablet to be portable and not have a physical keyboard and mouse?

The whole thing is that it's meant to be a device that is portable, not to be crippled because it's portable.

This is so fucking true. A friend of mine bought a samsung galaxy tab S2 and the thing is so fucking incredibly laggy it's almost a joke. There is not a single smooth thing going on that trash and it just boggles my fucking mind. I have an original ipad and even that feels smooth compared to that trash tablet. I absolutely hate iphones, but when it comes to tablets android really isn't something anyone should ever consider.

Attached: 1524458808408.png (3840x2160, 80K)

>not using 3440x1440
Pleb.

No, user, you'll be haunted by 1366x768 forever.

You're not crippled if you don't have a physical keyboard and mouse on a tablet. What's the point of having a tablet if you're going to use a physical keyboard and mouse? Just get an ultrabook for fucks sake. The whole point of a tablet is for the owner to interact with it via touch.

Finally someone who doesn't hate on Apple because "it's cool to hate on Apple". If everyone were honest, everyone would say that there has never been another company to make a good tablet besides Apple. The Surface comes close but it's sort of a meme.

Isn't that a 21:9 resolution? I thought 21:9 was a meme.

This. I usually try to talk normie friends and co-workers out of jumping out of spur of the moment 4k purchase if they're not gonna consume a ton of 4k content.

>You're not crippled if you don't have a physical keyboard and mouse on a tablet.
Those were examples. Can you plug in a USB drive in the iPad?
Can you plug in a camera to the iPad?
No, you can't.
A simple fucking 5cm long OTG cable is all you need to plug a hub with 4+ ports and use the table as a portable PC when needed, not portable enough for you?

>Finally someone who doesn't hate on Apple because "it's cool to hate on Apple".
Sane people hate Apple because they are crippled and dumbed down into a locked and anti-consumer system.

You're clearly suffering from subconscious buyers remorse if you're still accepting Apple's shitty system.

Attached: 418WbmZDGaL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 12K)

Everything is a meme. 21:9 is a rather good meme, while 1366x768 is a dead meme.

because nothing is made for that meme resolution, its a huge scam every single 1440p/4k moonitor

I would actually prefer a 720p phone display because the improved battery life and reduced stutters would more than make up for the almost-imperceptible loss in clarity. I actually picked up my old Blackberry Z10 the other day, which had a weird (for a phone) 1280x800 display, and honestly it was just as good as the Quad HD screen on my LG G5.

In my experience, the Surface seems to suffer from unacceptably high levels of hardware unreliability, or at least the first three generations do. Literally everyone I know who has/had one does not have their original unit, and a few are on their second or third replacement. The fact that it's almost impossible to repair just compounds the problem.

Text is much clearer and you'll be able to watch 2160p YouTube videos.

>USB drive in iPad
Fucking why would you need to do that with a tablet? Tablets are for watching YouTube videos and shitposting on this faggot ass website.
>Plug a camera into the iPad
Why would you need to do that? You use your desktop or laptop to do that?
>buyers remorse
I haven't regretted any Apple purchase I have ever made.

Hopefully the 1080p meme will die out shortly. It won't though since 1080p is the most common resolution.

I'd buy a 1440p monitor if I didn't give a shit about movies

Nothing is made for 1440p? What the fuck are you talking about cunt?

Yeah, the Microsoft Surface is a meme. Many have tried to make a good tablet but only Apple seems to have nailed it.

>Fucking why would you need to do that with a tablet?
Because Android tablets aren't dubmed down to be solely used for YouTube videos and shitposting on this faggot ass website.
>Why would you need to do that? You use your desktop or laptop to do that?
Having to carry your desktop or laptop ain't exactly portable even though you're the one complaining about portability.
>I haven't regretted any Apple purchase I have ever made.
You haven't used them, or should I say, you haven't tried to do things that most consider a normal thing, but you simply can't because iOS is so limited that you just can't do it.

>Android tablets aren't dumbed down
Come on. Android tablets were a failure. Just admit it. Listen, the iPad is the only tablet worthy of purchase. And you know this.
>laptop ain't exactly portable
What kind of drugs are you on? MacBooks are pretty portable.
>I haven't used my Apple devices that I purchased or done anything on them that is a normal task because they are incapable of performing normal tasks
Obvious b8. You gotta try harder than that.

>not 800x600
jesus christ the horror

Attached: NANI.webm (1280x720, 218K)

>having to use scaling
lmao

>stone age resolution
they didn't have monitors in the stone age

>thinks you have to use "scaling" at 1440p
lmao

How do you know? Were you there?

>he havent used windows
lul

>assuming my gender and assuming I have not used Windows
lul

>laptop ain't exactly portable
I wrote "Having to carry your desktop or laptop" which to not retarded would understand means that have to carry a laptop AND a shitPad for even the most basic usage.
>Obvious b8. You gotta try harder than that.
Try playing a mkv movie or using your shitpad like a usable, then we'll see someone "trying harder".
You can keep trying, in the end you can't do shit on your pad.

I would rather have proper 4K so that I can run my games at 1080p and still have a sharp picture.

>lul
lul

post tits or gtfo

>having to carry around a laptop and a "shitPad" for the most basic usage
If it was "for the most basic usage", then you would be carrying around the tablet since laptops are for more hardcore users. ^-^

>you can't do shit on your pad
Pads are for watching YouTube videos, playing mobile games and browsing the internet. If you need to do the more hardcore stuff, you can use a laptop or desktop or all-in-one. ^-^

>get a 4K monitor to run games at 1/4 the resolution of 4K
lul