Is there a Jow Forums recommended desk...

Is there a Jow Forums recommended desk? I bought one of the oft recommended office chairs (Steelcase Leap V2) but I haven't been able to find a consensus or any advice at all really for desks. Should I just go buy some ikea shit and be done with it?

Attached: malm-desk-brown__0133380_PE288797_S4.jpg (500x500, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sediarreda.com/en/p-wwmetis-wewood-metis
made.com/tables/desks
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00214157/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ikea height adjustable desk, >=80cm deep

Attached: square-table-monoblock.jpg (699x297, 13K)

I have that desk, it's ok. Be aware it is made of compressed particle board though so it's easy to damage and if you plan on clamping anything like a screen arm to it, it will probably end up warping/ distorting or compacting around the base of the clamp. Also the height of it is a bit weird, if your chair has arms it won't tuck under it unless you have the height adjuster all the way down. I'd like a taller desk with a nice hardwood top, probably best to make one if you can.

Whatever is at your nearest furniture store and is made of solid wood. Used corporate furniture is an acceptable alternative.

steel frame
solid wood

>ikea
ok for short term

Attached: WyndenHall-Cecilia-Solid-Acacia-Desk-6a8e94a9-3a3b-48f1-b5b9-12fb1cad7e0a.jpg (3500x3500, 273K)

get one of the solid wood hammarp ikea table tops and 2 of those alex drawer things.

cheap and durable as hell (the top anyway, the drawers are shitty fibreboard

custom made.

i made my own. 2 actually. second was more of a tv table with alot of drawers and a designated slot for my home cinema amp, central speaker and a pc

Corner desks are mandatory. Mine is fuckhueg at 2m x 2m.

Attached: StopReadingThis.jpg (1000x1000, 33K)

I've got a Malm and its a really solid desk.
Its a shame they don't sell the Patrik chairs anymore, they fit together really well.

Attached: new-blinds.jpg (6000x4000, 1.85M)

I just went through making my own desk using IKEA parts.

1. get two FINNVARD birch trestles from IKEA. This should cost $80 + $9 for shipping. They are adjustable height should you decide to make your desk a standing desk. they are also durable as hell and easy to adjust.

whatever you do, DONT get the LERBERG metal trestles and DONT get OLOV legs. they are both shitty quality, wobbly, and the OLOV legs always fucking break. it took me two sets of these to learn my lesson.

2. Either buy the GERTON solid wood table top from IKEA for $90, OR buy some butcher block kitchen top, OR buy a solid core door. The hollow core doors might seem tempting because they are cheap as fuck, but they WILL sag in the middle after continuous use because they aren't meant to stand weight

also, forgot to mention, never buy the LINNMON table tops from IKEA. they are cheap particle board and will bend easy. most people already know this, but I'm sharing just in case. they make for good coffee tables, but not for a desk.

The veneer also chips awfully, its a good thing they are so cheap, you will be swapping your tabletop out annually.

VENEER!

Attached: 1523868819757.png (638x696, 483K)

I own a linnmon and have literally never had this problem. Particle board? Yes. Bendy? No.
The fuck are you setting on your desk other than keyboard, magic mouse, and imac pro?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

The 2.5m wide linnmon tabletops are supposed to have 5 legs, one in the center to stop it bending.

Mine is the biggest they sell and it hasn't bowed at all.

I haven't used one in years so I don't know if they've improved in quality. in my experience, if you're the type who rests your elbows or puts any kind of your own weight on the center of the desk, the tabletops bend.

aside from that, they're simply not good tops for desks because they chip and warp easily. I wouldn't recommend anyone who isn't a poorfag to buy one.

If you have space, buy an Ikea kitchen countertop, then go to home Depot and buy some big fucking brackets. You'll need some lag bolts and an impact driver to make it sturdy, but I fucking love my giant desk.

how's the v2 chair been treating your back and ass when sitting for long periods? planning to get one

I did this in my kitchen with a solid oak worktop, a bunch of L brackets to secure it to the wall and some IKEA stainless steel legs.

Looks very tidy.

Custom made desk

Attached: DSC_7554_3.jpg (2344x1930, 998K)

I just go to the goodwill and find like-new office desks that cost next to nothing.

Bad for audio, otherwise good for saving space.

I bought a $30 folding table from walmart and have been using it as a desk for the past year. It works for me.

Attached: WW-Metis-1.jpg (750x750, 47K)

Ikea stuff will crumble into dust before your eyes. Choose better.

I got one too.
It's great

Breddy comfy user, but those dimensions are bit more dining table than desk

I built my own

Attached: 9d282e8452.jpg (500x455, 193K)

Oh my. God, my father has this desk, it's complete shit.

Just buy a board and put on 2 legs like architects used to use, no idea what they are called.

That's a nice one, there a lot of nice desks for 5K+

sediarreda.com/en/p-wwmetis-wewood-metis

Yes.

Attached: rec-2-81947.147123.1280.1280.png (500x327, 93K)

Yeah, it is a very large desk, I use part of it for writing and the other part has my monitor.

Forgot to mention the legs are adjustable and they are cheap as fuck.

There's really no mid-range desks.
Either you get an Ikea or you go to the other end of the spectrum and get a Herman Miller/Steelcase desk

what's it called

Folding table

Activity table. Just look up school table. They are fucking great and most sites let you customize the rubber band that goes around the table and the color and material of the table itself. I've had mine for 7 years and no problems. They are heavy as sin though.

You're right for the most part. But there are a few companies coming up changing that. These guys on Cuck Island use mostly solid wood and have actual showrooms but they're basically classic/designer knockoffs at the end of the day.

made.com/tables/desks

or you get a non meme desk

wtf i have that exact same desk
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00214157/

See

I have a Vertdesk v3. I recommend it to anyone who's looking for a standing table. It's fairly reasonable for a 60"er and it feels just as stable if not more so than the humanscales I use at work.

i have it but it's wobbly.

do you save all your files with the a combination of "stop" && "reading" in all your images ? or just the ones you post ?
Otherwise its too arbitrary to have one image, of a desk saved on your pc which you post once

Trestles