First time on Jow Forums

First time on Jow Forums
Curious what would happen if I unplugged my hard drive while using my pc?
Not planning to do it, just curious what would happen

Attached: TheSeaGate.jpg (266x189, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sHdHGJLGi7U
youtu.be/I6WfzhDqq_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it freezes and then doesnt boot
>broken SATA cable

Attached: 11c271790edf4fa99131365508c6e850.png (1600x1197, 1.58M)

Nothing much, Windows will either freeze or bluescreen, or freak out about not being able to access system files. Worse depending on how much was stored in virtual memory. You'll probably get chkdsk immediately next time you boot to that drive as well.

t. done this at work a couple of times accidentally

What's more interesting is what happens when you unplug RAM while a computer is on.

>What's more interesting is what happens when you unplug RAM while a computer is on.
Now I'm curious.

As am I

I'm curious too. I'd imagine it would just crash almost immediately, but that's not really interesting.

Assuming your OS is on that hardware - not sure. But I long time ago had incident where my harddrive got unmounted because it just died while runing linux. Funny thing is - os still worked. I couldnot open folders or start new programs but already launched programs did work.

It will freeze before you even pull the ram off completely.

SATA is hotplug.

But I'm more curious of what will ahppen if I unplug the CPU? That' certanly be super epic crash holy shit.

You will burn your fingers trying to get it out.

People like you are why the EU bans everything remotely fun.

I'll use gloves. Or I'll glue the cpu to the heatsink and just pull the out together.

A good thread died for this moronic nonsense.

Attached: 20223.png (600x842, 142K)

DON't do that shit, I once tried to pull out a CPU with thermal paste stuck on the heatsink and half the pins stayed on the motherboard

Just searched youtube and google. Surprised that no one tried this yet.

But what would be really interesting is if you pulled the PSU out.

DO IT FAGGOT

>unplugs HDD
OS freezes
>unplugs RAM
OS freezes/bsod/kernel panic

>How to search
youtu.be/sHdHGJLGi7U
youtu.be/I6WfzhDqq_0

Attached: 1522590813757s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

massposters should be shot

>What's more interesting is what happens when you unplug RAM while a computer is on.
It usually kernel panics (blue screen) and reboots.

you'll know what was like to use a pc with windows 95, only it could happen at any time without warning.

>without warning.
that's not true, it tells you it's windows 95 during boot

DO IT
O
I
T

now what i'm really curious about is what would happen if you unplug the keyboard? holy fuck just imagine

Let’s start a mass shooting against mass posters.

Plugging in a PS/2 can fry your mobo.

You mean Windows ME.

The absolute state of Jow Forums, SATA with AHCI is hot pluggable

Head crash

If it's not writing to anything, then probably just a freeze and your programs wont open until you plug it back in and reboot.
If it is writing to something, then it can vary from anywhere from absolutely nothing to everything getting corrupted, if you want to test it your best bet would be doing it with a RasPi.

try it with ubuntu live
unpplug the stick, it keeps running and displays everything already loaded, if you try to start anything the animations might run but it wont start
you can even replug it in and it will probably work