What are some good home theater speakers? I fell for the sound bar meme and need to upgrade

What are some good home theater speakers? I fell for the sound bar meme and need to upgrade.

Attached: 4k-home-theater-Polk_signature-mobile.jpg (1200x827, 333K)

8 of these

Attached: 800_product.png (456x511, 91K)

location?

DALI are fucking awesome for the price here, but in USA they cost 30-50% more.

>t. DALI Zensor 7,5,1,Vokal and Sub E12-F (7.1) user.

Where is here?

Scandinavia (Sweden, Denmark, Norway).

>Three posts in one minute
Pretty big bump.

DALI is troublesome, many people may not like the sound, I'd suggest Canton or Wharfedale over DALI desu, they are totally uniform in soundquality and suit most people.

Also look for Jamo, i think they have a new released product for home theater for a cheap price.

>Dali
>for the price

The most veiled trash you can commonly buy. I would take Yankshit like Klipsch over them anyday.

The cheaper KEF's have very good dispersion, and are affordable enough to populate a mutlichannel setup. I'm not in love with them but they're a better option than a lot of the meme recommends you might get.

The B&W soundbar isn't bad either if the higher distortion with the form factor isn't your problem.

>What are some good
There are a lot of good speakers. You need to state a budget, your location, what you're looking for, etc.

>DALI is troublesome
Are you comparing the older series like the Blue or Concept? If it's the Concept I can understand since they are pretty sharp and might not suit everyone.
>Canton
I tried the Chrono 509DC, sent them back and went for the Zensor 7. Don't know how the GLE sound but they are cheaper than the Chrono

>for the price
Spotted the american that has to pay overpriced for something that is underpriced here for the quality.
>Klipsch
Do some constructive criticism instead of just shit talking a brand.

i actually specifically was refering to the Zensor line-up, they are really difficult to set up properly since they are tuned to
sound audiophile and for the right roomconditions. some people may find them too hissy or lacking in subbass i showed them to.
even though i liked them for the clarity they provided. but when it comes to the whole sound signature, something like Jamo C93 or KEF Q100
does a much better job at it while providing great clarity in my opinion.

but i can only speak about the Zensor lineup for now. heard much better things with the Spektor lineup

and yeah, speakers are a diverse topic and every manufacteurer has hits and misses. take bose for example.
the mobile speaker and wireless headphones were a hit, the audio systems were despised by all means possible.

always depends on the budget you have and desires you need to be fulfilled.

Sounds like you tried the Zensor 1, not the Zensor 3 or 7.

As for Spektor, expect similar sound as Zensor but with weaker bass.

Though they cost much much less than the Zensor, they are the new entry level for a very cheap price, not that Zensor speakers are expensive.

I haven't heard BOSE speakers indoors in a contained room before, most are blasted over some walkway in some circus or shop mall and they obviously are not sounding good nor do they have to.
But here, it's Cerwin Vega people bash.
Big, cheap, good for nothing but wub wub.

I have a fairly decent sized living room where my Zensor are standing and I might've just been lucky that the room was easy to acoustically fix.

Not American, not a fan of American audio. If anything, I lean towards the French but my next big trial is going to be the Raidhos. How's that, Scandcuck?

>underpriced for the quality

If you think Dali sounds good, then - absolutely unironically - you probably have hearing damage. They're selling you absolute shit tier rice paper and fibreglass on the low-low price and on the strength of their commercial relationships with retailers and the media. You won't find anything else that is pushed by any and every saleskike and media shill the way Dali is. But sure, keep believing that's because they're giving you such irresistible value.

>Do some constructive criticism instead of shit talking a brand

If is on a budget, then it'll be difficult to go wrong with ELAC. If he has a bit more to spend, KEF is a good option. If he prefers a smoother sound, then Dynaudio do it well from the low to the high end. Dali doesn't even begin to come into it.

Went from baseless shitposting to defensive patronizing attempts instead.

Damn, you must've listened to speakers that had been destroyed by frats, and blame the speakers for it.

Almost had my hopes up that you weren't a shitposter with such lackluster hearing.

>DALI
Or he could save his shekels and get something better than the bargain bin.

Speaking of which... what are some easy ways to reduce echo? Moved to a new flat a few weeks back and currently can't spend a lot to fix this. Moving is deceptive, you spend way more than you think possible on the small things...

Bookcases full of books help as do room treatments. I have paintings full of rockwool myself on my walls along with bookcases, but I also read a lot so that isnt a good solution for you if you dont already have books on hand.

Actually, I had that painting idea, too. What kind of surface should it have? Cloth? Dense?

>destroyed by frats

Ok, now it makes some sense where this is coming from.

Even if you're a student or a welfare case, you would be much better off with an ELAC.

What do you mean? The sound will go through the canvas and get absorbed/diffused by the rock wool.

Well, I figured that if the painting is too dense or pulled too tightly it would probably be too reflective...

Hang rug on the walls. Packing foam in the corners of the room is probably the next least drastic step. If you're using subs, then two are better than one.

Not really, depending on which frequencies of sound you are trying to lessen it can really impact what sort of surface/substance you use for sound absorption.

I went Polk audio and am not disappointed.

What specifically is your budget range? Also, what size is the room?