Tech you are surprised other countries don't use

Tech you are surprised other countries don't use

I recently read an article that said most Americans don't use electric Kettles nor knew that they even existed

they prefer stovetop kettles

I was genuinely surprised as I thought they were household staples these days

Attached: 1058332.jpg (449x460, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boleto
google.com/search?hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=california heat wave death&btnG=&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

afaik it's because their weak-ass 120v takes too long to boil water

>never seen electric kettles back in the Balkans
>we would just heat water over the cooker.
In the UK, every flat has it.

>in the Balkans drying clothes means leaving it for days on ropes which are outside your window
>in the UK you just pop it in the dryer

Attached: vsi.jpg (470x270, 47K)

how about the opposite
for a long time i thought gas cooking was just an old-fashioned thing

gas cooking is best though

even more recently i found out there is advantages to it, over ceramic-electric anyway, induction-electric is the actual best, it's more efficient, safer, and has the same fine temperature control as gas

Gas is cheaper than electric for us. We killed enough sandniggers for that, let us enjoy it.

Attached: 3EF46D1DD11B46148AD4A27323860C2E.jpg (1480x1201, 324K)

my coffee maker is electric. idk what i would need a kettle for

Tea, ramen noodles, cup a soup?

India doesn't have this technology

Attached: IMG_0039.jpg (900x900, 22K)

This, plus fewer people drink tea often enough to heat a whole pot of water. People wanting one cup of instant coffee just microwave a cup of water.

that said if you're a burger and still want an electric jug, they're hardly rare or unknown. Any big-box retailer will have them on the shelves next to coffee makers, toasters, and the like.

This is incorrect. I know people with electric kettles and it takes a minute or two to boil the water.

americans not having switches on power outlets.

>microwave a cup of water.
... is that safe?

are you that australian from the shitpost-about-plugs thread?

Switches, ground, only goes in one way (to keep the active on the same wire at all times), RCD (GFI).
Bonus points for three phase

Attached: plug (5).jpg (500x241, 13K)

it can superheat and explode in a skinmelting blast of steam as soon as you go to pick it up but the other 99% of the time it aight

I can't believe that USA and some countries of Europe don't use this
how dirty can those places be?

Attached: bide.jpg (458x458, 17K)

>he doesn't know how to use the three seashells

Enjoy spraying shit water all over your shitty ass.

Do other countries seriously not have switches on power outlets? Seems super inconvenient not being able to turn things on and off at the source

1. You still use toilet paper
2. It's a completely different water supply.
3. Mine plays music while is gently sprays warm water on my balls and then air dries them. Compared to you I am a demigod.

Attached: 1518528821885.jpg (848x480, 55K)

Waste of time.

dude, why are you wiping your ass?
here watch this
*blasts water at arsehole, spraying shit everywhere and soaking arse and bollocks*
*wipes with toilet paper anyway to dry it*
hehe, bet you didn't think of this!
dumbass

I'm using pic related for anything stationary, so it doesn't really matter.

Attached: Steckerleiste.jpg (750x680, 72K)

>Cleaning your anus is a waste of time
AMERICA

You don't need to spray water on your ass to leave it clean, just use a wipe.

You wipe first, mutt. I can't even imagine what public spaces in your country smell like.

Attached: 1523489650215.webm (1280x720, 1.01M)

I don't think most people use a dryer for every wash, not in Australia anyway. I only use mine when i need to wear those clothes right fucking now.
>days
lmao what? what is your air made of?

Dry paper doesn't clean your ass properly.

>Use a wipe
Can you read user?

Speaking of kettles, is this safe to plug into?

Attached: IMG_20180423_173416.jpg (2448x3264, 2.21M)

>being clean is a waste of time
OHHHH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1471697981620.jpg (1398x1541, 552K)

They smell fine because we don't use fucking water hoses to clean our shit.

Waste of time when you can just use a wipe.

Am I the only one who as a kid was taught to gently insert his finger into his anus so as to clean the insides too?
>inb4 rape jokes
I was loved as a kid

I just put some water in a Pyrex measuring cup and heat it to a boil in the microwave or boil water on the stove top in a pot. I've never owned any sort of kettle, either electric or stove top.

yes
>I was loved as a kid
perhaps a bit too much

yea i bet you were

>Waste of time when you can just use a wipe.

Attached: 1471816420459.jpg (2000x2000, 2.24M)

Tap to pay in the US. It's bizarre how the country where the companies that are developing NFC payments are so far behind on debit/credit cards.

>Having to buy boxes of little baby wipes every time you wipe your ass.
>not just running a bit of water up there.

The house have not been cleaned in ~5 years, but I don't think it is safe to assume you will burn down the house.

Ok pajeet.

Indians are too poor to afford bide you retard.

But they wipe with some water.

I have one. Well, my housemate has one and I use it.

Yes.

Nah, doesn't take long. Besides, all you'd need is a transformer to change 120 V @ X A to 240 V @ X/2 A

TELL me this looks dirty. I clean it every week.

Attached: IMG_20180423_180903.jpg (2408x1608, 1.33M)

Kek

But you need proper pan to use it and its easy to break. Why do you think professional kitchen still use Gaz?

This is more hygienic

Attached: japanes toilet.jpg (614x461, 328K)

>has the same fine temperature control as gas
Whatever you believe.

As an amerishartinmartwhileridingonmartcart it's surprising to me that Europeans don't use credit cards or the concept of credit in general. Oh wait, they're actually a civilized economy that isn't run by massive dictator-like corporations...

Attached: la tarjeta de los americanos....png (640x405, 235K)

>every week
Are you in some form of time dilation field, but the rest of the house isn't?

I take my schizophrenia meds daily, thank yo uery much

Is that a hole in the floor?
Fucking savages.

It looks like you have proper yuropoor style wall sockets, what do you need the adaptor for?

And more compatible with indian shitting style.
Why not to pave streets with those in india.

I hate to break it to you, but people here DO use credit cards..

Jewish appliances with 3 pins.

Really? But how do I boil water in US? I don't care about power or time it takes to boil.

At least the Euros don't have "credit scores" that are so infamous for ruining a burger's ability to function in society, as if they ever could in the first place.

Those kettles are like 2000W, american wiring can't really handle it.

usually 2200-2400W (depending on 220 or 240V)

These were popular in ex-ussr, but for some reason everyone was shitting near it.
When those things got replaced with normal eu toilets - it became slightly cleaner.

It is only 20A...
Oh, they have 15A breakers everywhere.

Nope, we have 15 AMP 120V lines running into outlets. That's enough for a 1-1.6kW kettle.

The real reason we don't do is because microwaving water is faster.

With America's status as a voltlet nation that'd work out to be more like 4,000 watts. And considering most American homes have wiring that looks like pic related, I wouldn't even trust them to carry 400 watts safely.

Attached: american house wiring.jpg (1200x900, 205K)

99% of people use debit cards here (as in you pay for something in a store, the store can take money from you within a day or two).
Credit cards is when you pay all your expenses at the end of the month and you get a "free" loan for everything you buy.
I have both, but mainly use the debit card for personal expenses.

Brazil here, people only use electric kettles where there is no gas around. Gas is pretty cheap here.

>The real reason we don't do is because microwaving water is faster.
How is 1kW microwave faster than 2kW electric kettle that converts the electricity directly into heat?

>what is efficiency
Unless you use dangerous classic kettles with a serpentine heater, you aren't getting large contact area

I've got one for my coffee & tea. I think the big thing is that most people in the US don't drink tea, so little reason for a kettle.

As an Euro I've got mixed feelings on this. Here you don't have credit scores so your ability to pay back is presumed by your tipe of work contract. Don't have a full time jobs with 12 priors paycheck of atleast tot euros? Forget mortgages, loans and every credit at non rape-tier level of interests.

It's a goddamn resistor, meaning 100% of the electricity is converted into heat.

>work out to be more like 4,000 watts.
that's not how electricity works, 2400W is 2400W, the problem is that to reach the same watts with less volts, you need to increase the amps, more amps = thicker wires so they don't catch fire

>As an amerishartinmartwhileridingonmartcart it's surprising to me that Europeans don't use credit cards or the concept of credit in general. Oh wait, they're actually a civilized economy that isn't run by massive dictator-like corporations...
Credit cards are a friewall for your bank account. They also pay cash back, giving you a discount. You'd have to be a retard/poorfag not to use one.

>debit card
literally the inverse of a credit card. no protection, no discount. you'd have to be an idiot to use a debit card.

if you don't have credit, establish it now. get a secured card if you have to. use it and pay it off every month. setup auto-payments so that you're never late. building credit is important for being able to buy a house and even to get a good job.

Any good electric kettle brands?

>if you don't have credit, establish it now. get a secured card if you have to. use it and pay it off every month. setup auto-payments so that you're never late. building credit is important for being able to buy a house and even to get a good job.
You DO realize that Europeans don't use credit score system like US does, right?

I don't get why you americans love spending money you don't have desu

>You DO realize that Europeans don't use credit score system like US does, right?
I'm not yuropoorean so why should I?
My comment is for the free people of the USA, not eruoserfs.

>I don't get why you americans love spending money you don't have desu
This is why your backasswards country doesn't deal in credit. Credit has nothing to do with spending money you don't have. Credit is a system where you have immediate access to your money without having it on you. You have to pay back the money as per the terms of the credit agreement.

Credit scores are a good thing though. If you pay your fucking bills on time and don't have a ridiculous amount of debt then your credit score will be great. If you consistently make late payments and buy so much shit on credit that you're barely able to make the payments then your credit score will be bad. The only people bitching about the credit score system are retards who can't control their spending habits or people who's job situations are so shitty that they're always getting fired and can't make payments.

I got really surprised this was a brazilian only thing due to how convenient it is.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boleto

Attached: BoletoBancario.png (682x407, 29K)

>My comment is for the free people of the USA, not eruoserfs.
>debtslave
>"free people"
Pick one.

>Credit is a system where you have immediate access to your money without having it on you.
I dunno senpai, sounds like debit to me.

Attached: 1521762635324.webm (960x540, 1.96M)

our natural gas is cheaper

i hear you europoors literally DIE during heatwaves because you don't have air-conditioning

care to explain ?

google.com/search?hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=california heat wave death&btnG=&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1
I didn't know California was in Europe.

If you are worried, stick a wooden chopstick or other wooden utensil in the water.

That's great, but the heat has to transfer into and throughout the water. That takes time.

>A boleto can be paid at ATMs, branch facilities and internet banking of any Bank, Post Office, Lottery Agent and some supermarkets until its due date.
Sounds too good to be true

>That's great, but the heat has to transfer into and throughout the water. That takes time.
So just like with microwave, except it's heated from the bottom instead of top, making the process more efficient?

credit isn't debt
>I dunno senpai, sounds like debit to me.
jezus you can't even differentiate between debit and debt

credit isn't debt
credit isn't the same as a loan
no wonder you people don't use credit... you simply don't understand the most basic shit.

>credit isn't debt
Are you retarded or do you just not know the meaning of the words you're typing? Credit is debt.

Attached: 1522718399209.jpg (221x250, 5K)

How long does it take to boil 8 oz of water for a cup of coffee in one of those?

>Credit is debt.
the words are different and mean different things. just because you are retarded doesn't change the meaning for the rest of us.

I have one takes like 5 minutes for the hottest boil which isn't bad, not sure if European ones only take 1 second or something

>most

user pls. Knob and tube is fuckin' ancient and most American houses aren't *that* old or un-upgraded.

>>it can superheat and explode in a skinmelting blast of steam as soon as you go to pick it up but the other 99% of the time it aight
You really have to try to get this to happen. You have to microwave the water to boiling, which clears out the dissolved gasses, then let it cool and microwave it again to superheat it. A minute 30 in a microwave won't do the trick.

Im an american and love my electric kettle. Stove top takes way too long to warm up. Plus having to worry about leaving the oven on is annoying.

>the words are different and mean different things
You're right. However
1) You're a retarded piece of shit
2) Believe it or not, English has a LOT of different words that mean the same thing
3) Credit is just a special case of debt