Florida police try to unlock phone with dead mans finger during funeral

LARGO, Fla. -- Florida authorities went to a funeral home and used a dead man's finger to try to unlock his cellphone as part of an investigation.

Thirty-year-old Linus Phillip was killed by a Largo police officer last month after, authorities say, he tried to drive away before an officer could search him.

At the funeral home, two detectives held the man's hands up to the phone's fingerprint sensor, but could not unlock it.

Phillip's fiancée, Victoria Armstrong, says she felt violated and disrespected.

Legal experts mostly agree that what the detectives did was legal, but they question whether it was appropriate.

Charles Rose, a professor at Stetson University College of Law, tells the Tampa Bay Times dead people can't assert their Fourth Amendment protections because you can't own property when you're dead. But those rights could apply to whoever inherits the property.

cbsnews.com/news/police-use-dead-mans-finger-to-try-to-unlock-his-cellphone/

Attached: Biometrics-on-Smartphones.jpg (980x550, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

worldnewsdailyreport.com/morgue-worker-arrested-after-giving-birth-to-a-dead-mans-baby/
hoax-alert.leadstories.com/471472-hoax-alert-morgue-worker-not-arrested-after-giving-birth-to-dead-mans-baby.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>dude got executed for running
Jesus, is Florida Brazil?

america is a third world country
so yes

Who cares about dead criminal.

Give it back, police

I hate this world

So if dead people have no rights, does that mean I can have sex with them?

Linus noo ;_;

As a mortician I know this is a controversial issue, however I feel it needs to be discussed.

After death we are legally allowed to leave our possessions to our loved ones, this includes property and money. We are also allowed to donate our organs for use by other humans, as well as for medical science. Why are we not permitted to donate/sell our corpse for the sexual gratification of necrophiliacs?

We live in a secular society in which Church and state are separate, therefore religion cannot be used to justify current laws regarding necrophilia.

Necrophilia poses no great risk to ones health. Also regular sex between the living can result in AIDS and other STDs.

This being the case what are the legal justifications for the criminalization of necrophilia?

This. Losing the father of Linux hurts. A lot.

Attached: 1521939021380.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Here's an idea: don't run from the cops like a fucking idiot.

Here's an idea: don't arrest people

Fingerprint sensors are designed to detect life signs in order to prevent molds of your finger from being used, since it would theoretically be possible to make such a mold using a scan of your fingerprint or even a high resolution photo of your fingertip.

I'm not sure exactly how the life sign detection works, but it might be as simple as a thermal sensor. If they'd taken a blow drier to his hand for a minute it might have worked.

One thing that you need to consider if you only use facial recognition of a fingerprint scanner to secure your phone is that anyone who has access to both you and your phone while you're unconscious, say an ER worker who sees you after a car accident, will be able to get into your phone. Facial recognition systems require your eyes to be open, which prevents people from getting into your phone by pointing at your while you're asleep, but if you're unconscious they might be able to do it.

>don't arrest people
So what are you supposed to do if someone breaks the law?

Why does the police have a right to his phone tho?
Is the presumed info in it going to prevent another 9/11?

>This being the case what are the legal justifications for the criminalization of necrophilia?
lawmakers think it's gross

shoot them

>If you don't want to be shot in the back by someone who will never be punished for killing you, try not making mistakes you moron

>lawmakers think it's gross
Same reason child love and sodomy are illegal.

pretty mu-- wait, where is sodomy still illegal?

thats a dumb idea

Imagine the cop putting the corpse finger inside his mouth. Yuck

The world went downhill senpai. Sodomy not only is legal, but is promoted. I blame universal suffrage.

>Facial recognition systems require your eyes to be open, which prevents people from getting into your phone by pointing at your while you're asleep
Not necessarily true. There's a toggle for the iPhone X that will allow the face scan to work without direct eye contact with the sensors. It's great for people who use sunglasses, but as you mentioned, it's a security concern everywhere else.

Russia

Here's an idea: become a man and shoot back at the pigs, since they're going to do you in anyway

What about their constitutional right to a fair trial?

Reconsider whether it's a good idea to have the law in the first place. We could do without at least 90% of the laws and regulations on the books.

dead men have no rights

>therefore religion cannot be used to justify current laws regarding necrophilia.
Thats not what seperation of church and state means.

Anyone in govt, or in a voting booth can use their religion as the reason for their actions.

What is not allowed is intermingling a religious organization and the govt - like say making a priest president and he begins to mix the US treasury with the Vaticans.

++

They didn't arrest him, kek.

Tmw your family sells you to some corpse fucker

Don't care about the legal side of this at all. This is beyond unacceptable. Period. These police officers should be fired. People who have anything near a functional moral compass understand that you simply don't do this.

> could not unlock it
Of course, it requires a passcode after some time.
Hi, Facebook dweller.

>implying anyone with a moral compass would become a police officer in USA
They just want to have power over others and an excuse to shoot

That's why I have fallback, after 12 hours I'm required to manually re-enter my PIN, If it's not entered after 72 hours it wipe the device.

Attached: Edward-Snowden-012.jpg (620x372, 57K)

What about the cases when a women rides a dead man penis and he ejaculate in her and then she get pregnant?

Holy shit you're delusional

worldnewsdailyreport.com/morgue-worker-arrested-after-giving-birth-to-a-dead-mans-baby/

He has to pay child support obviously

To keep what little remains of this shitty thread tech related, why didn't dead dude's finger scan work?

Maybe the cops were just making sure to be absolutely incompetent to the very end?

>She is facing a total of 158 charges
kek is that like a world record or something

Ironically there is no such thing as separation of church and state.
The places where mental gymnastics can be applied to justify such a concept is the 1st and 6th amendments.
Which merely states that the government is required to treat all religions equally, and not to punish people from exercising the religion's tenets.

The creation of laws which pander towards religious entities is not considered "collusion between church and state", even though the laws may be justified using theocratic tenets.

Really, "separation between church and state" is limited to favoring or disfavoring particular religions. Probably by name.

Finger's skin peal off after death.

Yeah fuck having laws n sheeit

This is the most retardedly asinine thing I've heard all day

Most laws are in place because at one point someone did something recklessly stupid because there was no law preventing him from doing so

>those articles on the right
... is this the onion?

Ever tried to use a touch screen with freezing fingers? It don't work so good. The thing picks up on your body electro-thermal energy n' sheiit. Don't think it works if you're dead.

>literally a slave of tech

How would I blackmail people then?

Quality post

nigger spotted

this is the most retardedly asinine thing I've heard all day

Most laws are in place because of petty tyrants and control freaks trying to run people's lives for them, or trying to use the law to extract money from people

>extract money from people
also as a method to influence and control the flow of power

your nigger mentality is showing

I understand him and he's right, you should've a low set of laws.
My country, for instance, has over 10K new laws every year.
How you're supposed to keep track of everything? It's impossible for an ordinary citizen. Shit is so broken you need to go to the law school, graduate, work in the field and specialize in one single topic to actually understand 100% of it.
This system is killing itself at a slow-pace and will probably die in my lifetime.

Stop playing God you filthy pig.

law is a business, and inherently cannot be just.

no

Attached: images-7.jpg (486x303, 25K)

How does that even work? Dead people can't ejaculate.
Or can they?!?

linux is over, here come kerneld

America is a third world country with a first world military is the best way I've recently read it.

dindu nuffin

Cool, I'm sure it's way better than living in Harram-Yurop anyways.

That didn't happen. It's a lie. And impossible.
hoax-alert.leadstories.com/471472-hoax-alert-morgue-worker-not-arrested-after-giving-birth-to-dead-mans-baby.html

Thanks Darwin.

Attached: you retards.gif (496x278, 500K)

56%, Shaquonye, 56%

Never has a fedora been tipped this hard t b h

BOOTLICKER SCUM

Yes. Florida is one the worst states.

>Linus F Phillips

had an extensive rap sheet including previous arrests for illegal weapons and drug possession. He was stopped for smoking weed while driving a car with illegal tinted windows. The guy before being arrested jumped into the drivers seat and tried running the police office who was trapped between the car and the car's door and being dragged. The cop fired in self defense.

But he a good boy family man, dindu nuffin.

>if you run you forfeit your life
Do you not see how astoundingly idiotic you sound?

>8 year olds should be allowed to be fucked because sexual trauma isn't a thing
Consider playing in traffic

Going to use that from now on.

>not edgy enough
>facebook dweller
The absolute state of Jow Forums

But sexual trauma isn't a thing.

>im mad
Have fun. Normal people don't want others to get arrested

?

you do know murderers and rapists exist right?