Jow Forumsents, how do we get people to start using Firefox and other FOSS software more?

Jow Forumsents, how do we get people to start using Firefox and other FOSS software more?

Attached: mozilla-quantum-1.jpg (1366x768, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/ZZeVpJ
mozilla.org/en-US/foundation/trademarks/policy/
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>using Firefox
This brings up a good topic though. Since Firefox is complete shit these days, what web browser should I use? I mainly want lightweight but can handle extensions like Greasemonkey and ublock origin.

Firefox

oh hi nsa, no, i think not for profits are the most decrepit of tax dodging money laundry excuses for business models, stop tracking me desu

If not bothered by Qt, you could give Falkon (formerly Qupzilla) a spin

Firefox ESR. Or some other fork. Or just stop being lazy fuck, tweak your regular Firefox and be done with it.

>start using Firefox
>posts quantum pic
Worthless effort, people aren't falling for the Mozilla meme anymore.

firefox, opera, or get out.

When they fix the fucking memory leaks. Chrome is more lightweight than Firefox at this point ffs

>not allowing vivaldi

>Opera after 12.10

Attached: 1496314223227.jpg (520x600, 97K)

>not using Firefox Quantum
>using literally any other browser in 2018

t. pozilla shill

t. google diversity hire

>proprietary browsers on Jow Forums
Nani the fuck

Opera 12.14 was still decent. Only with the release of 12.15 it has gone to shit.

Midori

>how do we get people to start using Firefox
we don't

How is Firefox shit "these days" ? It's never been better.

qutebrowser is the future

Firefox

>sjwfox

No, get cancer corporate tool.

>more of a ramhog than the notorious ramhog
>i-i-i-it'll get b-better i promise, believe in rust and servo p-p-please!

>how do we get people to start using Firefox
There is no way, firefox is just shit. Chromium is superior in every way. Even IE (or edge, im not into shit) would be better.
>other FOSS software more?
By making one distributions, the Normix or something like that, that features NONE settings and INCLUDES proprietary drivers in installer.

You can start by improving it since most of FOSS is utter shite compared to non-ree alternatives.

make good FOSS software people will want to use
jewzilla devs pls go

what's the problem with mozilla and firefox exactly?

can microsoft / google really be the "alternative"?

>google
I said Chromium, that is free as speech.
Chrome is not free.

Make firefox worth using

Focus on improving the product instead of removing all isntances of master and slave in the code.

They're less SJW than Google and Apple (who maintain Webkit and Chromium), but if you really want to avoid SJWzilla there's some Fx forks out there, like GNU IceCat, Basilisk or even Palemoon
Unfortunately the vast majority of sites only test with the latest Fx stable, if they test with something that isn't just Chrome
Chromium is maintained by Google and Apple, it has plenty of tracking that's so hard to remove that forks are necessary and usually go unmaintained due to the sheer difficulty of removing the spyware, and the maintainers have shipped spyware blobs in the past
Fx despite being full of cunts and SJWs (Chromium is full of SJWs and cunts too) doesn't have any of those problems in their source code, though Mozilla has shipped spyware in their binaries without user consent outside of the ESR release (though that's not a problem if you don't use their binaries, ie. use the release from your distro)

This. It's ridiculous at the moment.

LMAO! YOU DON'T! Nobody wants to FUCKING use your shitty software, NIGSHAZ.
LIBRE! LIBRRRE!
Meanwhile, Stallboy is in South America trying to give a presentation but runs into "technical difficulties". Your Punjab software looks like aids, nigshaz.

Have you tried Chrome? Chrome has become surprisingly the lightest browser on the market

Install Chromium,

>memefox
Just use icecat.
This.

Firefox isn't FOSS.

>python
keked

nightly.
discord.gg/ZZeVpJ

Nightly isn't FOSS either.
Although you can build nightly yourself without branding to make a FOSS version.

eggsactly

a lot of shilling and anti-shilling
yet no fucking credible sources or studies or resources for claims

its like you morons never graduated high shool
if yall pursuing higher education... then goddamn private and public institutions have really scammed yall for that tuition

buch of dumb shits taking anecdotal evidence and subjectivity as FACT... fuck me running

I'd say Basilisk or Iridium are better than Firefox. That said, I keep coming back to Firefox.
>having a shortage of RAM in the year 2018
I seriously hope you don't have less than 8gb in your machine.
Absolutely this.
>being retarded
It's free, open source, and you can freely contribute and fork it. It's FOSS, and always has been.

bout to start my own youtube channel and get that AD money, seeing how enthusiasts and pros arent much more informed than the average consumer

thank you Jow Forums, ill make sure to donate to charities associated with mental illnesses and obese related diseases

gracias amigos, been a fun 10 years

Binaries aren't free though. The branding is nonfree and has restrictions on it's distribution.

they have 16gb or more RAM in their "rigs"
but are scared to actually use more than 4gb for programs that arent gaming or 'pro works"

this is the average consumer lol
paying for more than they need then not actually utilizing it

remember the SUV/V8 Engine era? yeaaaa buddy

stick with Firefox until Brave switches to Chromium front end in a couple months.

Brave is actual trash though. Its built in adblock is inefficient as fuck and it doesn't allow other add-ons. Opera would be a better option if it weren't owned by Chinese merchants.

which is exactly why I said to wait until they switch to Chromium front end; aka chrome addon support; aka ublock origin

won't stop brave anti-shills from spreading FUD

Which claims?
My post is Proof of my claims (which are actually common knowledge for anyone frequenting Jow Forums)
mozilla.org/en-US/foundation/trademarks/policy/
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

Firefox does 95% of what I want.
The other 5% are government websites that require ActiveX.

I've been using Firefox since like... What, 2003?

Even if it uses more memory than Chromium, who gives a shit? Upgrade your hardware or something, god damn.

>tried Opera
>had some NormieBook and WhatsApp shit pre-installed
>fucking dropped

>Not using Lynx

Kneel beneath me, brainlet.

>Firefox
Faggot communist

>ousted their own CEO because he donated his own personal funds to a pro-family charity
>Change .man files because sexist
>Worth using.
Never.

>haha memory leaks aren't a problem unused ram is wasted ram haha god isn't real morty

Is this the power of diversity hires?

>DE with redundant app-docks and start bars

Attached: denzel.jpg (440x440, 53K)