Hey guys, can I get some advice?

>I've been saving up for these PC parts a good friend of mine is selling to me for $500 because he bought a new one.
>I've been saving up money for about a month and I'm able to afford the stuff my friend is selling me.

Should I buy my friend's PC or should I look for a better deal with a loan at places like Best Buy?

Here's the PC parts I'm thinking about buying from him: pcpartpicker.com/list/DknccY

Attached: 21ugtDT7d4L.jpg (160x160, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/DknccY
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZhQ7XP
pcpartpicker.com/list/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>FX cpu.
Don't dude, either buy a rizen or some old xeon if you are really that poor and cannot afford a new system.
Seriously maybe you can find some X58 goodness that beat the shit out of those bulldozer cpus.

that's worth 400 used, so 300 with friend bonus
is it really worth it?

Even the cheapest Ryzen CPU (R3 2200G) is way better than any FX CPU, that is how bad they were.
Corsair makes shitty PSUs.
GTX 970 was a bad GPU.

Not worth it at all.

Offer $300, it's seriously only worth $350-400 at the most.
Keep in mind, there is 0 decent upgrade path for it.
Also keep in mind, that CPU will use 200watts alone - so if power is expensive where you live, it's a definite no-go.

What everyone else is saying basically. Your """friend""" is trying to pull a fast one. You can still talk to them if you want, but never buy anything from this dude if they're going to pull this. That build could be worth it only if you do very specific things. The fact that you even have to ask, tells me you're not that person.

don't do it.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/DknccY
He doesn't sound like a very good friend.
>slow RAM
>GTX 970
>good mobo and top of the line FX, but it's still FX.
>Even the parts list, if you subtract the absurd mobo price, is only around $550 new.
>shit PSU.
>no SSD
$350 would be generous.
You'd really be better off making a 2200G or 2400G build. You can make it with a 500GB SSD for still around $500. The graphics performance will be much weaker, but you'd have a WAY better upgrade path.

Everything except the 970 is trash

Get a 2200g or a 2400g, you'll be much happier.

The 970 is also trash.

The FX has the same single core speed as a $40 CPU (G3930) I wouldn't build a real time system (eg. games) around it.

It's still fast enough to do 60fps in all modern titles and the more modern the title, the better it performs now, as multithreading is finally here.
I agree it's pretty shitty rig - but for $300 it'd be pretty good.
Getting better gear will cost a whole lot more.

Consider a 1060 is ~350
32GB of DDR4 is ~400
2400G is 169
B350 motherboard is ~100
Decent case is ~80
decent psu is ~80

The price of the linked system is cheaper than new ram.
for $500 though - forgetaboutit.

It cant do 60 fps in gtav, an old title.

It actually can now, GTAV is a hell of a lot better than on release.
Probably a side effect of it being so popular in Russia and China.

Doubt. I was curious what that cpu would bench like so i youtube it and it couldnt hold 60fps min in anything. I used to have an oced fx chip and it was terrible pared with a modern gpu

Check em amd sucks

fuck off 10X0 shill

Pascal are simply the first actual good GPUs Nvidia has made relative to their time in NINE FUCKING YEARS, the 8800GT being the last. For 8 years they were full of planned obsolescence, missing notable features, lacking API support, shit compute, etc.
Too bad their drivers became complete shit over the past few years.
No point in buying anything else if you're buying Nvidia.

I love my FX but I wouldn't recommend it only because 990FX boards are extremely expensive, if this were 2016 and the 990Fx UD3 was 89 bucks, I'd so get it in a heartbeat, If you're into FX, get a used 990FX ud3 that works, and a used FX 8370, that's a nicely binned cpu.

Attached: IMG_0250.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)

Wait a minute, if he's throwing in a 970, go get the whole system anyway, that's damn near a $300 used gpu, and it's sitting in an FX9000 rig for 200 more.

maybe this >get system
>sell FX shit (cpu, mobo and rams)
>buy new shit

970s were $125 last year. 1050Ti price.

>last year
Well people are being dicks this year, cause that GPU is big money now.

I would buy the fuck out of that reference 970 for 172 tho.

Attached: Untitled.png (977x623, 319K)

>a CPU from 7 years ago is worse than a current CPU
It was pretty good back in the day in multicore workloads compared to Intel CPUs that were over half higher price point.

Basically this, the 8350 is faster than a 2600K on multi core and costs less than the 3570K did, if you needed compute power, the 8350 has it and is cheap, but people compared a $200 dollar cpu to a $300 3770K CPU and say that AMD is terrible.

Or you can get a 2700X, which literally has 3x the multithreaded performance of a 2600k.

The 8350 wasn't bad when you could get it plus a motherboard during sales for $120. That's Pentium prices. But the 9370 is going to cost a lot of money on your power bill to run, and just isn't worth much with what you can build a 2400G system for even with the stupid RAM prices.

The PC in OP isn't awful, but it's definitely not worth $500.

I'm not defending the Vishera CPUs nowadays, but back then up until about 2016 when an 8+2 phase board was 90 bucks, holy hell did it make alot of sense to get an 8350 on a budget.

Now when ti comes to the PC, it shouldn't be worth $500, but unfortunately with everything like RAM and GPUs being so inflated in price, it is worth $500, maybe even more cause the dude's got two 16GB kits that are really expensive to get now.

Basically the PC parts market is fucked because mining and and memory is expensive because of the demand and old hardware that should be worth peanuts has value.

Gtx 970 was one of the best value GPUs are you retarded?

This, the 970 is still #8 in the common video cards used in gaming rigs, simply because it hangs in there at 1080p.

>#8 in the common video cards used in gaming rigs
On steam that is.

Agreed. My first gayming pc had an fx 4100. Bsod on so many games, just generally shitty. My newest build has a i7 920, and for it being almost a decade old, it floors any fx chip. Although I wish I could OC it. But for what I use it for it's not bad

IMO go for a cheap AM4+ chip/mobo, 1050ti, and a 1x8gb ddr4 stick. You'll get upgradability to other Ryzen chips, DDR4, and a newer architecture GPU.

As long as you get the 1050ti on sale somewhere or Reddit's HWS (last one sold for $140) for around $150 I think you'll get budget.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZhQ7XP

Then you can even pick out a case you like.

I'd get this to keep it on bar with what the 8350 rig was, because everyone likes to pair low end 4+1 phase power delivery boards with ryzens and say that it's better than FX, while being radically cheaper, which it is, but it's low end shit

This is still not much more than his boy's 8350 rig but it's infinitely better.

pcpartpicker.com/list/

>on bar
on par*