Tfw know everything about bash scripting and regular expressions

>tfw know everything about bash scripting and regular expressions
kneel before me brainlets

Attached: anigif_enhanced-buzz-7763-1369773012-15.gif (480x360, 1.39M)

I would rather make shell scripts than program

>tfw know everything about setting up qemu ovmf gpu passthrough so that I can play all videogames on linux

Attached: 1521797689255.png (512x768, 369K)

Same. I miss my sysadmin job, felt like I just got to do fun stuff all day

How 2 power shell

>bash
shit no portable
talk to me when you start doing games with sed

Attached: mlady.gif (312x250, 1.9M)

I’m a bit jelly.

without gnu extensions to read arbitrary files, such as input devices, I can't imagine its possible to make any reasonable game in sed.

>tfw had sex with a bunch of women

Kneel before me virgin

>being proud of "mastering" something that you can know "everything about"

nice digits

also,

Theoretically lets say I know Linux and Bash pretty well as a hobby. Would it be difficult to find a job involving Linux if I got certified but had no college background?

it would be extremely painful

In what regards?

I know all of this plus a few real programming languages. And they pay me (a lot) to do it, which means I'm not just ricing my thinkpad from 1997.

That's what I did m8. I make a decent 6 figure salary now, after 4 years in the field. No college degree and no formal training.

Care to share what steps you took prior to getting certified? At the moment i've just been reading lots of PDF's and watching any relevant youtube video I can find. I want out of the manufacturing industry and feel like its too late to go to college.

Took and passed A+
Got entry level helldesk job
Automated everything, outperformed everyone by massive margins
Promoted but still stuck in helldesk
Sent out job applications, got an offer as an entry level programmer. Ended up doing devops instead.
Kept being better than everyone else and getting more money. Rinse and repeat. Definitely possible.

ya, it's called larping on an anonymous forum. if you don't have a 4yr, you're worthless or extremely lucky.

lol retard the tech industry will hire literally anyone right now. If you're underemployed, it's your own fault.

stop lying on the internet. your code camp get rich quick shit is fake news.

Sorry you're bad at technology

The fire rises.

>tfw gay
n--no thanks sempie

>tfw 4 years working IT and your bash scripting is still basic af and you don't know what you can do to improve it at home

Attached: 1521096416566.gif (600x338, 3.75M)

cat + sed can read /dev/console and write to /dev/fb0. it's a start at least

>scripting in bash

Attached: 1486573953441.png (309x250, 136K)

shit i'm a brainlet. you could just
sed 's/lame/neat/' < /dev/console