Spectrum analyzer of audio output

sup /gee/. I need to visualize the frequency spectrum of the sound coming out of my computer/soundcard. Doesnt matter if its linux/win or even macos, I cant find anything related. Anyone who knows?
pic unrelated

Attached: tumblr_okulw1yoMG1w3y4ilo1_250.gif (250x150, 1.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/karlstav/cava
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would program it myself if necessary, but accesing the OS audio buffer data seems quite a pain in the ass (looks quite friendly on macOS tho)

Attached: tumblr_ofpv8i8MQg1qimk8ao2_540.gif (540x304, 1.68M)

Vamp plugins sdk

Feed the soundcard output back into your line in with a parasitic tap, and then use a normal software frequency analyzer for your line in.

Holly shit that is so retarded it might actually work.

That's a completely normal use of the line in faggot

I'm referring to the fact that one takes their soundcard output and pipes it straight back into line input, instead of interacting with the sound output directly on OS / Driver level.

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

this is Jow Forums, we're all faggots here

You do realize that using purely software wouldn't give you the true output going to your speakers? Any interference on the analog side won't be there.

Foobar2000 has one built in

You are fucking dumb.

mr. OP here
reading into it, seems just an API for visualizing the data though, I would still need to access the buffer myself, or is that also implemented?
I thought about this but seemed too hacky, do you think the analog back to digital conversion will fuck up the signal too much? It would be preferable to have as much of the original digital data as possible. Im going to try it out for sure, since Im not finding a pure software solution yet.
Indeed, but can foobar use the system/soundcard's output sound as input or only files and mic in?

Virtual Audio Cable? Imo it's an unstable piece of shit, but It might work for you

no, just you.

and your mum

Attached: 1503662344078.jpg (250x251, 31K)

totall virus ,check virus total

well done, user
well done

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-09-17-at-9.18.45-PM-1024x680.png (1024x680, 801K)

Mr vamp suggested here there are hundreds of plugins for vamp you can even write one really simply all you need is to redirect standard input from a file to the audio device (a decent progammer should be able to do this) then in your plugins perform what ever operations you need to to get the ouput you're looking for

Fuck, I cant find anything related to pointing to the system's audio buffer inside Vamps API documentation. Am I retarded? All I find is about reading from files and such

this?
github.com/karlstav/cava

Pirate matlab/simulink and run your line out to your line in, or use virtual audio cable