/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

What is the best free on-screen virtual keyboard for Windows?

Attached: whoa.png (650x244, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/424778940z/dell-fan-utility
amazon.com/dp/B00EO6X4XG/
amazon.com/Xonar-DGX-GX2-5-Audio-Engine/dp/B007TMZ1BK/
bestbuy.com/site/roccat-juke-virtual-7-1-usb-stereo-gaming-soundcard-headset-adapter/5057511.p?skuId=5057511
slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBarV2&q=external tb&pp=20&sort=relevance&previousdays=-1&forumid[]=9&forumid[]=25&forumid[]=30&forumid[]=54&forumid[]=4
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The default one

I've been using an IDE my entire time coding and now that I have to manage bash scripts I make countless errors that an IDE would catch. Is there any way I can make nano catch syntax errors like ;
I can't use vim because for whatever reason I don't have write permissions on a shared network yet nano works just fine

It comes packaged with one.
Also, where is callisto???

Good assembly book?

Thinking of getting a PS4 Pro. I'm trying to find a monitor that I can use with my PC as well as PS4 Pro, but my GPU is a 980 Ti. Which monitor can best complement the PS4 and GPU?

How do you turn a github directory full of "cpp" and "h" files into a program?

Any good PC monitor will be a fine ps4 monitor

tmux tty fag here
I figured it out, god i feel so retarded now

You get a nice fraud lawsuit

Yes, GPUs have IDs you know.

lame

Well they exist to deal with people like you, what did you expect?

the thing is my 980ti hybrid is starting to make weird squealing sounds what do..

Buy a new one.

"no!"

Is that a lot?

Attached: time.jpg (1200x1600, 2.08M)

Hi fellow potato lover user, exactly what are you asking.

What's the Jow Forums-approved QEMU GUI?
>inb4 "hurr durr just use the CLI."

My monitor has been working for 16k hours
How is it compared to other used monitors?
Should I except some problems sooner or later?

I just figure out what does that mean on the background...
can you find out Jow Forumsentleman?

Attached: Silicon Valley S05E05.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

Virtual manager.
You'll likely have to perfect it manually though, but the manager is a good way to get the ball rolling.

Worry when you hit 90k hours, meanwhile you will never see problems.
The first problem you will experience are backlight problems such as bright spots or dark spots.
Then black pixels

But from old age you will rarely ever see problems.

Oh right, I'm using a Windows host.
>inb4 "well there's your problem: Wangblows"

Sorry, should've mentioned the above first.

well there's your problem: Wangblows

Thank you user
Have a comfy potato in return

Attached: 1510105787917.png (2400x1600, 2.15M)

How to turn this into an .exe?

github.com/424778940z/dell-fan-utility

What is this board's current go-to browser? Pale Moon keeps fucking things up for me, the latest being that Google Images no longer works correctly, so I'm looking for something new.

Attached: imgingest-8543146388802194280.png (256x256, 87K)

Compile it?

Firefox.

Icecat

hey Jow Forums I've been trying to get foobar, VLC, MusicBee, something to use it's rich presence plugin to work in discord. what am I doing wrong? Is it because windows 10? I've followed everything I've been told even by others but some people think that it has alot to do with windows 10 and that some are on w7 still.

Why must this be so hard? What am I doing wrong?

My motherboards onboard sound is shit and produces a pretty noticeable static while using my mic.
I've heard these external USB sound cards are a pretty good cheap solution but apparently can still produce the static. Should i invest into a DAC or an actual sound card?
I have no idea about sound really, just want a clear mic

Attached: new-usb-sound-card-usb-audio-5-1-external.jpg (898x898, 60K)

Just get a cheap PCIe soundcard.
The USB DAC option works indeed but its not the best, still its cheap.

heh, i got one of those for a friends' kid who somehow managed to ruin his laptop's 3.5mm ports
they sound like shit, no idea what it's mic input is like
usb soundcards /can/ be good, just not those $1 pieces of shit

>laptop doesnt have disc player
>fuck it ill get a usb one
>look up some bd players
>they all have more than 10% 1 star reviews
>ALL of them

so im guessing usb disc players are shit then or are there really people to stupid to use a fucking usb disc player

Attached: 1514969253567.jpg (335x208, 9K)

Yes, they all are shit.
Just buy a SATA to USB adapter and buy a $15 ASUS DVD- drive.

Thanks but since I have no idea were to start, could you give me any recommendation for what to look for?

I want to use Spotify with ALSA exclusively, but as long as I have Pulseaudio installed it won't use it. Is there some config I can set or an alternative client I can use to run through ALSA, or must I uninstall pulse?

Attached: >spotify.png (512x512, 14K)

amazon.com/dp/B00EO6X4XG/
amazon.com/Xonar-DGX-GX2-5-Audio-Engine/dp/B007TMZ1BK/

what makes them so shit? how the hell is a simple thing like a disc player harder to externalize than a fucking hdd

China eating the market, and that nobody wants to pay $100 for a proper one from a jewish brand, example apple.

goddamnit i just wanted a nice looking portable disc player

fucking chinks

I don't know how to do that

bestbuy.com/site/roccat-juke-virtual-7-1-usb-stereo-gaming-soundcard-headset-adapter/5057511.p?skuId=5057511 im hoping to get this tomorrow. I would suggest it personally.

I got a cheap 1 for 10 bucks and it does the job fine. Why not just download?

What are the best free VPN's?
For what would I need a paid one (and what's the difference)?

Attached: sleepycatwallpapper.jpg (1920x1200, 575K)

Pic related is giving me trouble. EVGA Gtx 760. Tried in 2 different computers, both had known good parts and strong power supplies. It seems to be working on the Microsoft basic display adapter, but every time I install a Geforce driver, it makes windows slow, taking a second or two to move the mouse. It sometimes randomly blackscreens for a couple seconds.
Youtube videos spit artifacts. Games cause a system crash with my VGA error led showing on the mobo. Drivers were with DDU. The card is idling 30c, but I cant boot into anything that causes a load to test load temps. Id try paste, but I have a feeling that's not the problem at all. It might be worth checking under the heatsink though, I heard cards with reference PCB can have memory inductors explode after a couple years.
Tried the 3 latest WHQL GeFrce drivers. I don't see my problems in "known issues" under any of them.
Is this card 100% fucked?

Attached: 760ACX-5.jpg (600x420, 66K)

Well, an external DAC & Amp is always gonna be better than a PCI soundcard
Reason being that the further you take the sound processing away from any other electric intereference (ex. Your GPU) the better

If you ask those questions you probably dont even know how vpns work in general.
Since your basically sending all your traffic to another company you might want to avoid free vpns as much as possible, because if you didnt buy the product, your data is the product.

Private Internet Access seems fairly reputable and affordable, while for proper security you may want to look at perfect privacy, however they are quite pricey.

It sounds that way, usually a failing card will show the signs that you have described. If only there was something you could do in the bios to test the memory like memtest 86 only it would be for the gpu ram

I've been seeking to increase my weeaboo power and as such I'm attempting to buy a simple 1-2TB HDD to store shit on. Do the "backup drives" at Walmart work for that?

OpenVPN is the only reliable one that I've found. You have to configure it on your network yourself and generate the certificates and keys manually but it gets the job done

I have:
>16GB RAM in total (ramdisk?)
>few hundrets GB of nvme ssd
>few hundrets GB of sata ssd
>a terrabyte HDD

>in general:
What should I store where? What would be a generic answer?
>in detail:
i'm using a source based gnu/linux distribution and I build android roms with ccache. What should I store where ?
>specific question:
should I rather put the ccache on the nvme and the build environment on the sata, or should I put the ccache on the sata and the build environment on the nvme?

>NVME SSD
OS.
>SATA SSD
Programs you use
>HDD
Media files and downloads.

just goofing around and looking at system resources with htop and I notice that there are a ton of instances of /usr/libexec/Xorg running. Is that normal? I have no idea what it means but when I usually look there's only 1.

I normally run Firestrike and a game or two to test vram stability but I can't even run those. The thing bothering me most, the card seems to run perfectly fine on the Microsoft Adapter driver. But obviously thats not meant for games and the card gets like 7 fps in games it should crush.

stop making countless errors.
you lost the training wheels and you are falling down, don't look for more training wheels, stop fucking falling. it takes longer, but it's more rewarding, promise.

What's a good .epub reader for android?

Pls respond

Not the best bang for your buck

slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBarV2&q=external tb&pp=20&sort=relevance&previousdays=-1&forumid[]=9&forumid[]=25&forumid[]=30&forumid[]=54&forumid[]=4

also 3-4 tb is a much better price per gb.

My laptop has been running really hot tonight, even more so than usual. Anyone know how to fix it easily?

Attached: Difference.jpg (1024x768, 90K)

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

Check if anything is using your computer in a intensive way in task manager.
Repaste your laptop.

what's the current default slim *lightweight* 32gb ram good processor and monitor laptop that comes with preinstalled linux? i'd like to avoid tim cook rape next upgrade

Thinkpad P71.

what's the most simple/easy software to record audio from the pc? not necessarily from the microphone
i just need to to record audio and that's it

I graduated as a software engineer and now I'm working as a business systems analyst, just making web applications to solve business problems using DHTMLX. What do I need to do to grow to a more stimulating area? I like artificial intelligence and architecture

Pocketbook

since yesterday i get a blank black screen when on xvideos, audio works, other sites also work no problem. help?

i'm on firefox with ublock origin btw

Consider Latitude 7490, add your own extra RAM and linux install.

I know this works
does [c] this [/c]?

best free music player for windows? im sick of itunes.

foobar

thanks, man

Is there a way to setup a Windows computer so that it will reset itself every reboot?

Is it possible to upgrade my Ubuntu 16.04 server to the upcoming new LTS version? If yes, is it a good idea or will stuff break?

Windows users please help, this site pops up randomly all the time, how can I disable it? So annoying

Attached: why.png (1366x768, 27K)

Isn't that something you could google and resolve yourself?

someone explain fucking networking to me

so I have an android phone in wifi hotspot mode, I have my laptop and a tables connected to it
I am also running a http server on the phone (the ip it gives me is 192.168.43.1)

now I have same app on my tablet and I am also running a server and the ip is 192.168.43.21
the ip of my laptop is 192.168.43.100

I can connect from laptop to phone, and from tablet to phone and from phone to tablet
but why cant I connect from laptop to tablet if I type tablet ip adress in my browser, we are on same netwoek so why doesnt it work?

Attached: why...jpg (633x542, 44K)

Why were we frozen again for 9 hours?

Maybe the hotspot mode doesn't allow connections between connected devices for security reasons. That function is after all only intended to share your phone's internet connection with other devices.

What is the best antivirus? inb4 "common sense 2018" but it's for a client who insists I install an antivirus on his PC.

f secure or kaspersky

> installing malware to keep other malware away

Anything more than Windows Defender is just stupidity

On Chromium uBO keeps crashing since yesterday and there's no way to make it work again. Reloading it or reinstalling it didn't help either. The fuck?

What's something lightweight like Zathura to read .cbr comics?

I want to read Watchmen and Transmetropolitan

Attached: 2018-04-24-21:51:48-screenshot.png (594x163, 14K)

What's the best solution for being able to use multiple drives as one volume? I require being able to add one drive at a time to this volume for expansion, which completely rules out RAID apparently.

I have an old game (pre 2000) on CD.
It starts through wine while I have the CD inside, but I'd much rather have it work without the CD.
Is there a Daemon Tools equivalent for linux that is good to circumvent copy protection?

With mobo fan connectors, are the ones that let your connected fan work at 100% named specifically different?

I disabled my graphics card recently and now speccy says my monitor is running at 1hz, this is normal right?

Attached: 1hz.png (664x523, 38K)

You could make a disk image and mount it. Oftentimes the copy protection is crap enough for that to work.

either;
- use a nocd crack
- use cdemu to emulate a cdrom drive (unlike simply mounting an iso, cdemu can do all the cd tricks like audio tracks, sessions, copy protection systems work, etc)

If I posted this I would have cut my wrists preemptively just to save time.

Attached: wat.gif (480x270, 2.73M)

Is smartphone repair/refurbishment a dying business, or is there still money to be made?

Specifically, I'm not looking for a "get rich quick" scheme, but i'm looking for a side job to make a couple hundred euros, let's say €300-400, on the side every month, in addition to the full time job i already have.
So I figured doing smartphone refurbishment on eBay might be a good side job...

>use cdemu
that sounds like what im looking for. i'll try it. thanks

My cpu fan just started going 100% at startup. It's not a temperature issue, cpu sits at 35 degrees like normal. It just randomly started doing it earlier and hasn't stopped after multiple restarts and reconnecting the fan cable to the mobo.

Also not a dust issue, just built my computer a month or two ago.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I'm going to leave my computer off for the rest of the night to see if it's back to normal tomorrow and if not I think I just have to buy another one.

I have a PS4 I use with my monitor (of which doesn't have audio out or speakers). I bought something like pic related to extract audio to plug to my computer speakers, but you cannot adjust the audio with the remote (a deal breaker). I don't want to buy an expensive receiver. Any idea as to how to get audio out and use a remote to adjust volume as well?

Attached: 61L+CohQAmL._SL1000_.jpg (500x500, 42K)

How do I configure my VPS (with an ipv4 and ipv6 interface) to bridge all traffic from pi.mydomain.com to my raspberry pi at home, which only has an ipv6 address.