"Galaxy S9 is definitely no match for Apple's latest iPhones"

JUST

bgr.com/2018/04/20/galaxy-s9-plus-vs-iphone-x-sales-ouch/

Attached: soysungfags.jpg (1500x1000, 365K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.nordstrom.com/s/pantherella-merino-wool-blend-socks/4097918?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=CHARCOAL
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The S9 sells poorly because the S8 was too awesome and the S9 doesn't offer much over it.

The iPhone X sells poorly because it's ass and forces stuff on users that they don't want.

This, it's not that the s9 is a bad phone, it's just that there's no compelling reason to upgrade from an s8, which sold amazingly well.

>Zach Epstein
I wonder (((who))) could be behind this?

Attached: maybemore.jpg (850x697, 139K)

This

>lagPhone X is no match for an S8 from last year
Ouch.

Attached: 1517865329435.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

it's because it looks too similar not allowing buyers to signal to everyone that they have the latest model

This
T. S8 owner

I'm just waiting to get a Note 9.
I'm currently using my dad's old Galaxy Avant. It's weak, but it works.

There's a reason why Apple is the most proftable entity on the planet.

it sells like shit because not having ANY edges on the side is fucking retarded

S9+ owner here AMA
>inb4 upgraded from S6

Cotton, wool, or polyester socks?

I upgraded from a S7e to a S9+. Was definitely worth it.

how much did you sell your s7e for?

I got like $300 for the trade in. It was pretty dinged up too.

i just bought an S7 over the s8/s9 cause of the shitty "LUL MUST HAVE NO BEZULS ON SIDE AND MUST BE LONGER THAN LONG CAT" meme bullshittery

Fucking hell i hope this shit dies faster my faith in humanity

not your quoter, but I traded my s7 (with a fucked up LCD) for 300 towards the s9+.

There's nothing wrong with the slim bezels on the S9, my issue is with people who think notches and removing the AUX jack is cool. Those provide no benefit. The S9+ has way more screen than the S7e and it's arguably easier to hold too.

If you have to use a case to use the phone on a basic level, then the design is flawed.

All phones without a bezel is thus flawed due to not being 100% unable to press shit on the sides without holding it "right" (lol applel) or using a case.

The Pixel 2XL is the best design at the moment, but it has a shitty 18:9 screen and quality control issues up the ass, no 3.5mm jack and its fuckhuge

>tfw OP 5T

Attached: 2ef.png (225x225, 53K)

wool

brand?

You don't need to use a case. I never used a case on my S6e or my S7e and they were both fine, dropped them a bunch too. And I don't know how you have issues with pressing things on the side of the screen, I've never had an issue and I've had three edge phones.

lucky you, i had an S9, i sent it back cause it was such ass to hold.

>"""""epstein"""""

shop.nordstrom.com/s/pantherella-merino-wool-blend-socks/4097918?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=CHARCOAL

Too poor to upgrade every year?

Attached: 1520644387303.jpg (96x203, 4K)

looks nice, have you tried the Darn Tough ones?

Money is better off invested than wasted

Attached: S7mteID_d.jpg (640x723, 17K)

>judging the quality of phones by how much the brainlet normies like them
>not using a gnuphone
it's like you're not even from the internet OP

Attached: ea4.gif (1200x666, 1.26M)

Every normie I know is still using galaxy S6 or LG G4, and if they break or lose those they get a S7 or G5 used, it's only the iPhonefags that get a new phone every year.

No, will buy for next hike.

all these meme phones and I still prefer physical buttons and 16:9

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-S5-Active-2.jpg (500x650, 69K)

yeah and my anecdote is android faggots are forced to replace their phones every year because they randomly fail or run in to battery issues (ITS BETTER THAT THEY RANDOMLY SHUT OFF WHEN THE BATTERY IS AT 40% ISNT HEALTHY THAN SLOW DOWN MY PHONE REEE PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE -you). The best max lifespan of an android phone by vendor OS support is 2 years. (now 3 from google)

You remember the cool new pure android experience nexus line? yeah well they stopped getting any support a month ago.
because fuck those guys.

Regardless of available money, there's a difference between "can buy" and "need to buy". You should first need something before you even begin to ask whether you can afford it. If you don't need it, there's no point in buying it. Even if you have the money lying around.
You're not doing any favors to anyone and you're not proving yourself to anyone by buying things you don't need.

iToddlers do not and will never understand this.

Good thing as a consumer I don't give a fuck about sales.
Got myself a 128Gb S9+ with a Snapdragon prior to the phone getting released here in Japan (they won't sell sim-free ones anyway) and it's near flawless.
Great performance, awesome screen, very good battery life, not a fucking Apple product, comes in purple - love the thing so far after about two weeks of usage.

>taking bank loans makes you rich

Attached: this_kills_the_sides.jpg (1375x749, 125K)

This, im still on lg g3 from 2014
I love 16:9

can't you disable the app start animation on Samsung devices?

>physical buttons and 16:9
this desu. 18:9 only makes sense when along with on-screen buttons and minimal chin. Stuff like pic related is stupid and ugly tho.

Attached: Motorola-Moto-G6-12.jpg (845x1200, 138K)

i got a s9+ recently and im enjoying it

i came from a note4 so its a welcome upgrade, the camera is really good too

the only main gripe i have with it, is the unlocking with iris thing works too fast, sometimes i just want to check a notification and it unlocks the entire phone

Attached: 20180418_154649.jpg (2420x1815, 1.64M)

Got an s9 last month. I like it, espicially the now default shit like a flashlight and blue light filter. I still miss the physical home button though
t. Former s5 owner.

Actually, they do, most of them keep their phones for ~3-4 years.
It's Android idiots who buy a new flagship every year.

S7 here, I own eight pairs of those and refuse to wear anything else. Fucking life-changing.

okay so I'm positively phone stupid. Getting my first smart phone soon, which will out power my laptop by a large margin. How good is Samsung aside from being able to find a ton of compatible stuff for it? Are there other brands I should be considering? (apple is an absolute no fucky OS that aren't compatible with shit are also off the table)

Yet in Geekbench X would get 2x the score of android phones.

basedsung

s9 or pixel 2 xl

>BGR
Nigger fuck right off. Browsing news aggregates and I see this fucking dick sucking faggot blog posting about sucking apple cock daily. Literally daily.

marginally better hardware but unless you jailbreak you can't do many things that Android users take for granted.

Jesus, mate 10 was struggling to get fb open. Wonder why.

More like there is no reason yo upgrade from s7.
T. S7 edge owner

Exactly this. I went out to buy a phone yesterday, and I was just about to buy the s9 when I pulled up the comparison page on gsmarena and put the s8 against the s9... Literally the only changes are: dual aperture camera, tiny bump in soc, and fm radio. Otherwise, they're exactly the same phone with the fingerprint sensor moved just enough that you can't reuse s8 cases.

So I bought the s8 and saved myself $120. On top of that, I'm in the USA so the s8 and s9 are the snapdragon variants here, and the s8 can be rooted where the s9 cannot. That means anyone wanting to have root is going to buy/keep the s8 over the s9. Samsung shot themselves in the foot by not making it enough of an upgrade to be worthwhile. The only people buying the s9 are the hardcore Samsung fanboys and people upgrading from the S6-S7

This is false. The screen edge is actually really comfy, there's just absolutely no reason to get the s9 right now when the s8 is cheaper, has almost the exact same specs, and can be rooted if you're a snapburger

Completely incorrect. Apple users are smarter than people give them credit for. Most of them keep their iPhone, iPad and Mac 3-4 years, then sell them for 70-80% of their original retail (moreso with Macs and iPads than iPhones) and end up only having to put out a small amount of money to upgrade. On top of that, Apple products have a very complete automated backup system via iTunes, iCloud and Time Machine so that when you purchase a new Apple device, all of your data is restored to the new one within the first hour of use, and it's like having your same old device but with better specs. You only pay the "Apple tax" on your first Apple products, after that you can recycle the same $600 every few years and get the newest iPhone, iPad and Mac.

most times I've seen apple people they do it like a handmedown chain. Dad gets a new phone, mom gets his old phone, kids gets her old phone, oldest phone gets traded in for like $30 off the price of the newest pos

How will IToddlers ever recover?

More like there is no reason to upgrade from a normal S7 to S7 Edge.
-T. S7 owner

>own an S8
>now owns an iPhone X
Dude nothing on Android shit compares to the X atm, period. The features and polish on the X is far far superior which is easily reflected in the sales. Fuck the 7/7+ was superior to the S7 and the timebomb.

Edge and regular have no difference between screen size and battery size.
They are same phone.

This works as well.

Most normies I know:

>Phone breaks 1.5yrs into contact that's $80/mo for 2gb data
>Pay off $500 in remainder on the old contract and start a new 2yr contact

Usually the person with the iPhone is not paying for it. It's a "gift" from the parents.

You do recognize you just signalled yourself as underage?

what the life expectancy in you country? Do your parents just die when you turn 25? Most of gen X has smart phones.
1980 was 38 years ago Donnie

>Zach Epstein
leave and never come back

I'm planning on getting the same phone tomorrow. I'm upgrading from a s5. I hope it's dope.

If you're 25 and you have to have your parents buy you a phone you should probably kill yourself

>have to have
where was this ever implied that it's a necessity? It's a cost cutting measure most people implement with their families in some degree. People spend money on their kids even when they're adults. It's just part of being a parent. This isn't the same as spoiling your kids by throwing money at them every time their toys break. Most 25 year olds are not the most well adjusted people. They're getting there and they've been in the real world long enough to know how to budget but they're still typically a few years off from being disciplined enough to really do it for themselves yet and stick with it for the rest of their lives. It's not at all strange or families to support each other financially. What do I have to spend money on? Financial investments which give me more money so I can afford a comfortable life. Okay I'm there, I'm happy and I have this cash what do I do with it? Well I could shower my kids and wife with shit they'll probably stop appreciating or value because they didn't get for themselves and have their own interests I'm not apart of. Blow it all on status symbols. Or keep investing and keep a reserve around to alleviate minor emergencies and inconveniences in my family so they don't blow their money on it? I think most people opt for the last because they've probably realized their kids are gonna get it all in the end anyways.

do you run geekbench all day?

Negro, I'm 36 and my parents haven't paid for my phones in 13 years. Prior to that, I didn't even have a cell phone and people had to wait until I was home and call me on my landline. No one I know would be able to live it down if Mommy and Daddy still paid for their stuff once they're over 21. If you can't support yourself by then, you should just go ahead and kill yourself instead of being a leech off your parents and taxpayers.

you're 36 though so your parents are probably boomers and have nothing to their name besides a house that's falling apart and their mountain of pills they have to take so they don't die.

>and here we see the raging retard, bringing up benchmark scores that have no correlation to actual real-life use

Treble.
Likewise. I'm waiting for info on linux on galaxy as well

T. another S7e owner

Fug why there are no trade ins in yurup, I have a pristine s7e with a new screen and a battery

We might get treble with the Oreo update next month.
The s8 is getting it, who's to say the 7 won't? Im hoping the 7 will be mile the 3 that supported ice cream sandwich, jelly bean, and kit Kat.

I've never seen any normalfag (regardless of preference) who keeps their phone for more than 1 year. I know a guy who literally switches phones every month because he either breaks them or it just gets boring to him.

>Negro, I'm 36 and my parents haven't paid for my phones in 13 years.
36 - 13 = 23
You were 23 years old when your parents bought you a cell phone

> No one I know would be able to live it down if Mommy and Daddy still paid for their stuff once they're over 21. If you can't support yourself by then, you should just go ahead and kill yourself instead of being a leech off your parents and taxpayers.

I went with S5 because I don't even like the glossy back shit they went to on the S6 onwards.

Good thing I skipped the S8 then. I just upgraded to an S9 yesterday after running with an S7 for 2 years.

Does that include non S series owners? Most of the people in my vicinity have outdated iPhones or Galaxy phones that are not S series. The poor people have Obama phones out here.

I don't think Samsung is porting treble to older devices

thats because geekbench runs small batches on cache and literally nothing more

thats why iphone always wins on a cold start app benchmark but when you need to launch them from background(cache) it sucks ass

I'd suggest getting the Pixel 2 XL. Stock Android is the best thing you can experience imo.

>testing, let alone even considering to test an android without an exchangeable battery

Attached: 1507126239229.jpg (728x546, 165K)

Consumerism at worst. However, I've never met a guy who uses his phone less than a year myself.

You misunderstood. My parents have *never* paid for my phones. In the 13 years I've been using cell phones, I've paid for each one.

My parents are divorced. My mom married a rich guy and my dad is a retired engineer for Mercedes-Benz that married a chick half his age. Both parents are fucking loaded, but I refuse to be a spoiled, entitled millennial and I work for everything I have. I paid for my condo, my car, and everything else I own with money I earned. I put myself through med school, then got a job with an inpatient facility that does full tuition reimbursement for continuing education to cover the rest of my schooling since I'm a burger and college isn't free.

Every time