/POOR/ GENERAL

For those of us that are broke as fuck

Post systems that can be built for less than $250

Attached: poorGeneral.jpg (900x1600, 177K)

OPtiplex
Tthinkcentre
Chromebook
x420

if seriously poorfig
there are programs that sell to low-income for like $100-$150, I know in Southern Cal we have a place called San Diego Futures Foundation (SDFF). They sell all kinds of stuff, some not so bad. Check your city.

About 5 years ago we would have hobo build threads all the time. You could get a fine system for ~$100. (flash USB instead of a hard drive though).
I get alot of cool stuff from thrift shops (for super cheap cause no customer knows what it is and what to do with it--it becomes an albatross that they want to get rid of)

anyone who is a DMV faggot, enjoy this business liquidation auction site. good deals for poorfags
rasmus.com

Raspberry Pi and a dumpster monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Pick up cheap and old used work pc

I5 2400 systems are like £120 around here

There's lots

Stick in 2nd hand gtx 950/750ti

Wa la.

First thing, as mentioned above is the basics to go with it. Monitor, KB, mouse & sound. You dont NEED speakers but it is a $5 item at some thrift stores. Brand new logitech mk120 set can be had for $15. Monitors can be anything, even an old flat screen TV.

Now PCs. Depends on brands but business line PCs often are best bang for buck with better upgradable options. Like comes with more RAM slots and more power available SATA ports. Full ATX is more costly over Small Form Factor by about $25-50. Good news is though full hight cards are cheaper than low profile ready. Bad news is propriety power supply limits you to about a 1050 ti graphics card later down the line for upgrades. Get basic, upgrade slowly.

Attached: HP_refurb_cheapo.png (289x490, 40K)

What are the most kino Thinkstation/Centre machines?
How do I know what's a good machine and what is/isn't a good deal?

First make sure it is a 3rd generation intel or better processor and i5 if possible at 3.1 ghz or above. 4 memory slots is ideal. This allows you to upgrade using smaller more surplussed memory sizes on the cheap. After all that you can update later with a SSD, better graphics card, etc.

For 250$ you can get a very good PC honestly. It depends how lucky you are and how patient.

2nd gen i5 + motherboard for ~80
500-1tb hdd for ~20$
decent 500-600w psu for ~25$
an OK looking case for 10-20$ (newegg too)
r9 280x for 100$ or a gtx 770 etc

I just bought an i7-860 + motherboard for 10$, and bought a GTX 780 Ti for 35$ (no display, trying to fix). If you look around hard enough, you'll find really fucking good deals. Bought an i5-4670k two years ago for 200$CAD, so there's that. I also see shit ton of Z87 motherboard for like 40$ so if you pick up a cheap 4th gen CPU you have a nice cheap PC.

Attached: XPS 8700.png (608x865, 375K)

WHAT THE FUCK 150$ FOR THAT IS SO CHEAP REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>2nd gen i5
stopped reading there.

Attached: Lenovo.png (344x691, 216K)

With these DDR4 and Video card prices we're all poor as fuck these days. I finally get a decent paying job and now I find out it's too little to upgrade.

Attached: i5 4670k.png (1376x710, 405K)

Attached: alienware.png (598x731, 133K)

50$ gets me a Core2Duo with 4GB and a 500gb hard drive.
175$ will get me a Core2Quad or a first gen i5 with a shitty GTX 460 or similar. What the fuck is up with my province. Even a R9 270X/7870 is like 120-140$ EACH.

>bristol CT
shit user, is that deal recent? I'm not terribly far.

That one was a couple years old

These two were the last three days.

I snatched them all.

You fucking serious?

Sandy Bridge is still good.

I've you're a poorfag who doesn't live in a third world shithole then get off your ass and go dumpster diving in Business parks. Businesses throw out i7 and Xeon systems all the time, even stuff that's only a few years old. It's not for the weak willed who'll give up after the first try, it can be months before you strike gold.

>Wa la
No wonder you're poor you uneducated fuck lol

>buying sandy bridge
>in 2018
>for $250
You fucking serious? You can get Haswell desktops for $200.

If you're looking for a cheap build I have an i7 2700k (mobo doesn't overclock) or an i5 3570 I could let go for pretty cheap, and there's someone selling two 7970's for $80 each.
I don't have a PSU which can handle those 7970's which is why I didn't grab them, so I could sell you the barebones without a PSU and you could grab the card and pick up a PSU.

My mate works at a cinema and just shredded a system with a 4770K, 16GB of 2400MHz and an original GTX Titan and dumped it into the bin. Shredded. Not even just chucked out. My mate was heartbroken. They used it to drive a few movie trailer screens.

Over here in Aus, $250 would barely get you an i5-2400 and a GTX-660.

You have to look long and hard for Haswells for that cheap while that's just the normal price for a Sandy or Ivy.

>tfw don't live in a third world country and can't enjoy these kinds of prices

Go back to réddit, newfag.

Some of you are overshooting the simplicity of it all. Craigslist can be a crap shoot with tech. Websites like newegg and amazon come often with clean OS install, disks and 1 year warranty. All at under $150. Now you spend the rest on what you want (1050 ti highly suggested) with not a huge difference from the guys who spend 2k building shit 3-4 years ago.

>Websites like newegg and amazon come often with clean OS install
amazon sells computers with gentoo? cool. i'm too retarded too install an os by myself so that's a relief, i'm not sure what i'm doing on a technology board anyway, i'm too dumb too use computers and tech

>i'm too dumb too use computers and tech
Then Jow Forums is the board for you.

That Thinkstation S20 is a prime example. 12GB RAM, 4 core Xeon, throw in an ssd and a gtx 1050 and you are good to go.