M.2 Failed memed again

Look at me everybody. I paid extra for something I didn't need and it didn't work out.

I got a Windows crash, then accessed one more time and now my new OS install on a different drive won't recognize the M.2 drive at all. Any way to try and recover some files since there's no external enclosure for NVMe drives?

Fudge!!!

Attached: Samsung-950-Pro-SS.jpg (800x500, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcsuggest.com/best-linux-live-distro/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not having a system running on flash memory backed up

F

What's your Windows version. You better not say Windows 7

Boot from a Linux live distro and make a new partition table and format it as ext4. I guarantee you, you would have filesystem corruption anymore.

Vista

>I guarantee you, you would have filesystem corruption anymore.
So why bother?

Recover the data from your backup.

ME

That is so far beyond my ability. Windows 10 by the way. I did have almost everything backed up, almost.

arg linugs :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Wait, maybe I could give this a try.
pcsuggest.com/best-linux-live-distro/

Which would be the best for my purpose though? Booting a Linux distro off of a USB drive and trying to access files on the M.2?

If it makes anyone feel better, instead of buying yet another SSD I re-installed Windows onto an old 60 gig drive and now there's only 8 gigs free so that will suck soon.

Yes, I use a 40% keyboard and have an iPhone SE.

Meant to say "won't." It's hard to type well when you're eating with one hand.

>Booting a Linux distro off of a USB drive and trying to access files on the M.2?
It should work, Linux will let your copy files off your m.2 SSD even if Windows doesn't boot.

Just use samsung magician software

m.2 pcie storage starts at skylake architecture
anything below that requires some advance config shit

>i didn’t backup my shit and it’s some else’s fault

>Booting a Linux distro

I tried Slax which was really interesting to play around with. Unfortunately it did not appear to recognize anything on the M.2 drive.

I will try again tomorrow with the Terminal on Slax. Maybe I will try another Linux distro as well. It is interesting to play around with and explore.

Sure, the drive will be replaced under warranty but I clearly don't really need it and another will likely fail again. Again, memed and burned, all my fault.

Server 2003

Hah try working with them on HP zbook g2 series laptops. in 1 year about 50% failure rate. Oh same data COULD possibly be recovered, but yeah.. encryption is standard over whole fleet. Though encryption was my call, still better to have it. Replaced them all with caddys and cheapo $45 sandisk 2.5 SSD drives. No issues since, completely rock solid. Got a stack of m.2s in a drawer.

>Get m.2 for server upgrade
>Turns out you need special UEFI for it to boot from it.

Attached: e27a217e-4f2d-43e5-9d1c-8411c46ac65f.png (1000x1354, 916K)

Try Antergos

Kek. Judging by the lack of reply it's wincuck 7

Attached: img_1706512_4107.jpg (500x500, 58K)