What is the best GNU/Linux distro for desktops?

I currently use debian stretch on my laptop and have used gentoo, arch, ubuntu, slackware, and others. I am considering putting debian on it as well. What do you think Jow Forums? What is the best distro for desktops and why?

Attached: turtlebuger.jpg (2560x1702, 409K)

>Gentoo and Arch fangirls shitposting in 3,2,1...
I personally like Arch/Manjaro with MATE/Cinnamon (muh new packages and rolling release) but Ubuntu MATE and Mint are also very nice

pop_os because it has the ubuntu repositories with a classic gnome experience on a sleek sexy reskin. Looks good, strong repositories, better software manager than Ubuntu, programs look and feel natural on the OS

Fedora Openbox

If you've used all these distros before why would you need to ask? No need to lie on an anonymous imageboard, friend.

You know these are free, and trying all of it is just few hours on VM?

I have used all of them on a laptop but not a desktop. I always set them up as minimal as I can because I have to. I probably still will even though it's not necessary. I enjoyed them all personally that's why I asked why people thought they were the best, if somebody has a good reason to use one over the other on a desktop then I will consider their opinion when choosing. Unlike you I don't always hold my opinion at such a high standard like a pretentious faggot.

>meme-tier rice distros
arch, gentoo
>casual
fedora, open suse, ubuntu flavours
>actually good
slackware, debian

>Using Manjaro
Try a real distro you fucking pleb.
>b-but I can't install it...

Gentoo is a pretty good distro. If you have a decent processor, you can compile everything from source. That's why I love Gentoo. Arch is great too.

Attached: 1524457363840.jpg (602x468, 21K)

yea it is between slackware, debian, and gentoo at the moment for me I think. I know they are different but they all do what I need. I am not a fan of Arch's package management, it is a bit bloated but other than that it is a good distro.

Portage is the best package manager I've ever used. You can have a lightweight system, fast, stable and without systemd shit. I don't need more than that.

Do you mean use Portage on Arch?

Fedora KDE.

I like the concept but there is a lot of developer support on fedora.

OpenSUSE. It has automatic snapshots so when an update inevitablly breaks something (like every Linux distro), you can undo it.

Wasn't trying to come off as rude, just the people who typically ask this have not tried so many distros. You'd most likely be better off just installing Ubuntu with whichever DE you like the most. I wouldn't recommend arch, gentoo, slackware, etc. to someone without a particular usecase for it. Read about it in the wiki if you'd like to know more about the particular advantages/disadvantages to each. Also try posting some hardware specs and what you will be using the machine for, otherwise you will get nothing but "Use X because thats what i use" without any regards to what will actually suit your needs.

Pic is really good, not photo shopped.

Ubuntu Budgie is great.

ubuntu is ok, if you are 100% concerned about free software debian is the best alternative imo. Arch is fine too, contrary to what people might say, because its pretty well supported for a rolling distro (at the cost of having to manually configure everything post-install because arch devs dont like doing any actual work that is non-essential or an security problem).
I like fedora too, but SELinux is too annoying for desktop imo, also too little supported packages.

Unironically fedora for most people that are good enough with tech to use Linux but not autistic enough to want gentoo

after years of hopping and even giving up entirely on linux, I installed opensuse leap. for 2 months now it has been great. it's the most polished distribution I've tried and I'm liking it a lot. definitely recommend it.

ElementaryOS.