KDE neon

How many of you shill arch, gentoo, fedora, opensuse and other meme distros but secretly use kde neon and live with the comfiest desktop experience? (raises hand)
I'm honestly sick of muh cli installation, compile from source, i3 and other memes. I just want a comfy distro that I can install with a GUI and use the best DE (kde, no arguments will be entertained) and have everything work out of the box. It's about as good as any lnux experience gets. And if you're a dev, all tutorials are written for Ubuntu, so you're comfy there as well. Yes, you can tweak the instructions for your specific distro, but why bother? Path of least resistance.
Don't fall for memes, use kde neon.

Attached: neon.jpg (750x563, 82K)

Yeah but muh AUR though.

Attached: 1524488997983.jpg (1080x1080, 153K)

I use plasma(or is it the same?)

NO CALCULATOR

>what is krunner

You can install a calculator from the package manager
It's like complaining that Windows 10 LTSB is bad because it has no image viewer
Or [insert WM here] is bad because it has no supplementary programs

Fedora kde spin

You can get one from Discover in legit 3 steps.
>search for calculator
>install one
>enter password
Also, nice job with those caps. Good quality post my friend

Attached: 1524532075927.png (332x310, 142K)

Why is the clock so massive?

So ppl know its time to switch to kde

Exactly. Give me AUR on Ubuntu and I'll switch.

this

KDE Neon is a repository not a distro

It's like half that size now.

dubs speak the truth

Neon is nice, but APT is retarded. Wish they chose a better base than Niggerbuntu LTS.

I tried installing Neon yesterday and I got screen tearing and then something with the compositor crashed and it killed all the panels and window decorations. This happened before I could even install any software.

It makes me realize why I still cannot use linux daily. Is there any distro that isn't totally busted right out of the box?

>plebuntu based
Into the trash it goes

Attached: 1523417939642.jpg (500x500, 46K)

Mint Cinnamon

Give me non-crippled usb speeds on jewbuntu and I'd consider it.

if you're not installing speedcrunch on any distro, no matter what DE, you're a fucking brainlet

>implying

Attached: Screenshot_20180424_032418.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

If you don't care about bloat, consider trying OpenSUSE. Most distros break from updates but OpenSUSE lets you rollback until the problem is fixed because it takes snapshots of your system files.

>he is still in his ubuntu hating phase
grow up

Antergos and KDE with keyboard shortcuts masterrace reporting in. Fuck off Ubuntnoob

Attached: Screenshot_20180424_231130.png (1366x768, 1014K)

How do you have this color palette? So cool. Please explain your desktop setup and how get konsole like this

I'm using Neofetch with w3m backend; basically to use that, open the neofetch config and change image_backend="w3m" and image_source="/path/to/image". You need w3m and w3m-img installed for this. The color palette is Dark Pastels.
Plasma theme is Materia, and I'm using Latte Dock for both panels (to disable shadows on the dock panel and when a window is maximized). Global menu is Active Window Control (no annoying keyboard accelerators), clock is Event Calendar. Font is Roboto.

It's why I like using Kubuntu

>Don't fall for memes, use kde neon.
Emm... No, I'm fine with OpenSUSE. It features the same desktop, but never fails randomly.

would I need to reinstall to upgrade to KDE neon 18.04?

also is this distro a good option for a laptop? I dont want my battery to last only 2 hours

>OpenSUSE lets you rollback
Only if you are installing system to BtrFS.

I with they choose german quality next time.

I'm never going back to anything other than a tiler DE

Attached: desktop.png (3840x1080, 507K)

If you worry about battery life, wait until kernel 4.17, it has some major battery life improvements. The release is supposed to be in June.
Also Plasma 5.13 comes out in June. By that time, Neon will be on 18.04 anyway.

>no rolling releases
>systemd
>apt
>nouveau
>spyware
>made by the people who thought unity was a good idea
The only reason anybody would use Ubuntu is because they're not smart enough to use anything else.

so its good to install kde neon now?

>not smart enough to use anything else.
Watch the edge on that fedora.

noone asked, fuck off

Attached: arch users.jpg (991x1184, 76K)

Yes, they'll allow upgrades once it's stable.

Attached: Screenshot_20180424_231921.png (631x117, 17K)

which is default

Yes, but there are such retards as I (who had used ext4 for some reason) and even worse - retards that do this shit and after that complain that suse doesn't have any rollbacks.

Or you can just Timeshift or any similar program.

*just use

This looks good. Why does no distro include this by default?

Why does KDE always get shafted by other distros? It's way better than GNOME.

That dates back to a time when Qt was proprietary, so KDE couldn't be free as in freedom. GNOME was the freetard replacement, but then devs went on a power trip and ruined it. It's only pushed a lot because Red Hat owns it.

Neon is a distro

it is also a car

The GNOME used to be great, and the greatness is now what is in MATE and Cinnamon. Honestly, if it wasn't for the DPI scaling issue on my newer laptop, I'd run MATE.

Can't you use KDE with i3? Best of both worlds

not even windows works out of the box

you're fucked unless you use based apple

why do you have dildos if you are not a woman

thank you very much!