>I wanted to open SIM slot
>Tried to open with the little needle like tool that comes with the phone
>SIM slot stuck
>Tried to open it with a needle, I failed
>I managed to pry it open
>Everything's ok
>I was curious to see how it smells on the inside
>It has a chemical smell like polish

I'm afraid that the battery is damaged even tho it's not posible to touch it with a needle from the SIM slot. What do you think? Is it safe to use it? The smell is not intense tho.

Attached: Free-shipping-sim-card-slot-for-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-for-redmi-note-3-pro-sim.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery#Electrolytes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

have you considered not jizzing on your phone

stop using it as a buttplug

Not phone.
Mom's crotch.

that could be battery electrolyte smell, you may have pierced the battery

Many chinese products...to me..smell like gasoline or kind of like what you said

I never opened it. And I didn't put the needle so deep to be able to reach the battery. Also by looking at this image I think it's not even possible.

Attached: xiaomi-redmi-note-4x-qualcomm-test-point-edl-01.jpg (1200x800, 117K)

Don't pay attention to the red square. The slot is on the right side.

next time wise up and get a blu phone. it's unlocked, decent build quality and good specs per price ratio

level with the camera?
in that case it seems very unlikely
battery electrolyte does have a chemical/solvent kind of smell though

I did mention before but the smell it's not intense and it's only noticeable when I put my nose very close to the open slot.

nah, if he'd done that there would be a short
Also, that requires a shit ton of force, even with a sharp pointy object, very unlikely OP did it by accident, especially if the phone still operates.

also the "electrolyte" in lithium ion cells is not liquid and doesn't leak

That's the smell of Chinese electronics, probably partly the smell of outgassing, newly-manufactured plastics and solder, and probably the air from the factory it was assembled in.
I bet the inside of an iPhone smells the same way.

Garbage brand, garbage phones.
Fuck right off.

Anons thanks for all the replies. Well is my phone safe to use?

>nah, if he'd done that there would be a short
only if he'd gone a way in, if he just pierced the pouch it wouldn't short
>also the "electrolyte" in lithium ion cells is not liquid and doesn't leak
it is a liquid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery#Electrolytes

but as has been said it's almost certainly this

Most likely.

This. My s8 smells the same way inside. Probably the flux paste they use. A lot of flux is made from tree sap resin, and when you burn wood one of the byproducts is acetone so I'm pretty sure that's partly why flux paste smells like solvent when heated. I'm probably way off, but that's the best explanation I can think of

Thanks a lot anons :D

What's that strawberry smell that you sometimes get in new tech purchases? Do they perfume the boxes?

My iphone 4 charger port did this from day one when i got it too, brand new. It went just fine, so I think you'll encounter no problem.

Chinese semen.

its a chinkphone, they all smell