Microsoft hate thread

Microsoft / Windows hate thread

I seriously hope microsoft fucking goes under and everyone has to begin to use linux, i'm tired of playing under their rules and how they love to fuck you about and steal anything they can from you, not to mention how shitty their operating systems are, they don't even fucking work half of the time!

>Be me
>Win10 machine is fucking slow cause thanks microsoft for installing shitty bloatware and random "updates" when i don't want them
>Decide to do reset
>back up important files, takes about 2 hours
>go to reset
>half way through
>"THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC!"
After trying to do so much to fix their shitty OS i gave up.

inb4 "use linux then dumbass"
I would use linux if 90% of the things i used weren't exclusively for Windows..

Share your stories on Winshit.

Attached: 1512669963238.png (554x523, 578K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2018/04/24/recycling-innovator-eric-lundgren-loses-appeal-on-computer-restore-discs-must-serve-15-month-prison-term/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6527cea6c3a0
m.windowscentral.com/how-clear-softwaredistribution-folder-windows-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've been stuck in update hell because of the Fall Creator's Update. It would attempt to install this update, forcibly reset my computer, then the update will fail and it will perpetuate the cycle indefinitely.

I still havn't completely solved the issue but at least I've been able break the windows updater after scouring the web for a fix so all it'll do is occasionally tab me out to let me know that it's broken. It's midly annoying but a step up from the long dick of Bill Gates pushing my power button without my consent.

>be me
you need to go back

>use win10 for the first time soon after it came out because it got forcibly downloaded on my windows 7 machine
>blown away by how incredibly shitty it is, 3 control panels, inconsistent styles and fonts, ads, updates, etc..
>learn about gpu-passthrough
>wipe it all, install arch and set up gpu pass though with kvm and windows 7 sp1
haven't updated since, I laugh every time some retard says that they got infected for not updating, because all viruses are 100% users fault for being so incredibly retarded

Attached: a309213746fae8d913ab29cc7fcd4033551c865a658a472b2dda7b98de77ee9b-mai.jpg (1280x1183, 396K)

Bill gates hasn't been in charge of windows or Microsoft in a decade.

>2018
>still using windows
>using windows outside VM
>with network
You fucked up. Get MacOS or Linux.

>being this new

His spirit still echos through the hallowed halls of the system32 folder.

>Be op
>Be techlet
>Everything is not my fault when it was
it's probably cause your computer is a literal potato, just immediately go to linux

>Open up SSH client at work, log in
>"weird, why's it stalling?"
>client closes suddenly- must have been a bug, look for shortcut to start it up again
>fucking gone
>windows nuked my ssh client out of nowhere for being "unsafe"
>reinstall, no issues
>have to set my connections up again
>mfw

Attached: 1520064337619.jpg (640x640, 32K)

payed 100$ to put up with this bullshit that they haven't fixed.

Attached: Capture.png (862x234, 32K)

>paying
>money
>for software

Attached: images (2).jpg (326x154, 12K)

What do you use that you couldn't on linux

>He paid money for Windows

Attached: 24086-8431-20390.png (706x784, 39K)

I don't have any problems with my machine.

washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2018/04/24/recycling-innovator-eric-lundgren-loses-appeal-on-computer-restore-discs-must-serve-15-month-prison-term/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6527cea6c3a0

Specifically about Windows 10, I cannot FATHOM the purpose of the fast startup feature, but this stupidity goes back to Vista days
XP:
Start -> Shutdown ACTUALLY SHUTS DOWN YOUR GOD DAMN COMPUTER
Vista:
Start -> Power Button PUTS YOUR COMPUTERS TO SLEEP BY DEFAULT
7:
Start -> Shutdown ALRIGHT THEY FIXED IT
8/8.1/10 defaults:
>hit the button clearly labelled "Shut down"
>closes your applications
>logs you off your account
>puts computer into hibernation mode
This is the dumbest shit ever.
This leads to long fucking uptime because the computer rarely properly restarts. I easily see computers all the time with 40+ day uptime because of this "feature"
So what is their excuse for it? "To speed up boot times". Supposedly because then it can do one sequential read of the hiberfile into RAM as opposed to randomly reading a lot of small files, so it's faster.

Except it's not. The downside is what I just described and the below:
"I have a slow CPU" -- yea, I'd rather have my computer do a FUCKING PROPER REBOOT each time then. Fuck this hibernation crap making my computer buggier and buggier.
" I have a fast CPU" -- ok then I don't give a fucking shit about boot times because they're fast as shit anyway

Fuck this stupid design choice. Fuck you microsoft.

Oh and not to mention that hibernation mode completely fucks being able to mount the filesystem offline. God dammit I hate this shit.

Most people prefer 10 second boots to 2 minutes.

Except it isn't 2007 anymore. If your computer still takes 2 minutes to boot, you either need to upgrade your hardware or seriously nuke your OS

My computer took 20 seconds to boot in 2007 since I wasn't dumb enough to run Vista.

What were you running senpai?

jesus christ... how fucking tech illiterate are the people that run our judiciary system? FUCK

>be me
>buy windows 8.1 for $20 less then windows 10
>immediately upgrade for free before seeing the desktop
>have zero major issues

the only "problem" I have is that start>power>shut down actually hibernates the pc so I use the physical power button even though I've disabled hibernation

this is my problem too. I have an ssd so a cold boot takes ~20 seconds. it has gotten slightly longer with each update

XP.

Attached: boot.png (960x702, 15K)

>download requirements.doc from an email
>open it
>immediately my firewall lights up, 5 new active connections from 5 executables, none of which are word.exe
>switch back to word
>it's not responding
>10 seconds later a window pops up
>loading...
>enter your email address to log in
>I enter it and click next
>please wait while we take you to your organization's login page
>loading...
>enter my password and click login
>loading...
>popup goes away
>word still not responding
>5 seconds later another popup appears
>Do you want Windows 10 to remember your credentials?
>only options are YES and Not Now
>click Not Now
>5 more seconds of nothing
>word finally loads
>outlook and excel crash in unison
>their themes have been reset

this is the 4th time my office theme has been reset and windows has become exceedingly efficient at it

>exceedingly

Attached: exceedinglyefficient.jpg (840x348, 82K)

fuck you linux cunt.. even linux guy still need microsoft.

muahahahahaha are you retard?

You sound like my boss. While MS isn't going away, you can certainly do everything you need to on a computer -- albeit with compromise -- without any Microsoft software running on your hardware.

your boss is a pajeet? that's sad

I have a win10 ltsb computer that I use whenever I need to run sibelius, ableton, CAD, and the few games I play. It crashes whenever I unplug a usb device, and is constantly reverting changes I make to it.

>need to allow a program to make changes to a computer every time you start a program
>But programs can set things to open at boot without prompting
The system gives you the option to take it off when it detects it anyway so why not ask beforehand instead?

Stop being such a fucking tech illiterate faggot.

My mother's PC had 120 days uptime. Surprised it was still running okay. She said things would crash every so often though.

>projecting this hard

>svchost.exe at 60% cpu usage

Attached: aaaa.jpg (613x587, 16K)

Dunno about you but I change the default option in the start menu on 7 to sleep because it's faster than shutting down/starting. Hibernation is retarded though in nearly every case.

>Jow Forums - Hate threads
Nope.
I hate M$ shit as the next guy, but really?

Seems like a 3rd party driver problem. Not even kidding.
I've had that. Maybe power management? If it's a laptop or portable.

>newfag call another a newfag
ironic.

.t brainlet
I know literal retards that got their A+. you have zero excuses OP.

>update win10 because this is a cuck laptop with only schoolwork on it.
>office gets updated to office 365 despite only paying for 2016
>update my resume
>get a popup letting me know I should connect my resume to LinkedIn.
>New OneDrive popups baked into the OS
>opening any link defaults to Edge
>using Vivaldi with a Chrome user agent spoofer
>get baked in adverts in my system messages menu about how Edge saves more battery life than Chrome
>Minecraft and Xbox One apps are back after the fresh update
>some more botnet apps thinly veiled as productivity tools

This was a Win10 professional license. I am actually really fucking hesitant about using this OS for anything anymore. I just need powerpoint and excel and word for school and work. I don't want to use it for anything else.

Attached: bad.jpg (736x507, 78K)

>windows 10 is installed
>i feel bill gates entering my anus
>cum instantly
>ahhhh

it's not so bad guys, i have not had any issues at all with the latest updates, had some rough patches back around late 2015 though

Attached: retarded vacant look.jpg (960x960, 77K)

dnscache

hosts file will fucking murder your computer until you kill DNSCache, and after you do, Edge will stop working, but nothing else will be affected.

>Being so much of a tard that you can barely operate one of the most user friendly OSs

have you tried this: m.windowscentral.com/how-clear-softwaredistribution-folder-windows-10

it fixed the restart update loop for me

>build new computer
>use ssd from old computer
>it boots up windows with no hitch

this really surprised me. figured I would have to reinstall. I did the clean wipe thing so I wouldnt have driver issues though

>closed-source non-free proprietary operating system
>user friendly
lol

>I seriously hope microsoft fucking goes under and everyone has to begin to use linux,
Dude, people will use macOS, or even ReactOS, before touching Linux. Wake up.

> Not using LTSB
> Not disabling windows update
> Complains about feature updates

> Not disabling defender
> 2018, still uses HDD
> Startup loaded with spywares
> Complains about performance

I use Windows 7 and everything works.

Its been almost 9 years since the release and most software are still compatible luckily

After installing it needs some small tweaks like disabling windows search, windows update and system restore.

Wish I could use classic theme without screen tearing tho.

Attached: 1469981116027.png (274x299, 80K)

Most things are compatible because nobody in microsoft knows how to change the kernel dramatically without the whole operating system imploding on itself

I used to disable the windows update service and enable it when I want to update, but it doesn't work anymore. If I disable the service it is automatically re-enabled after some time. It is really annoying that they don't give the option to choose when you want to update anymore, it's like they deliberately make things harder for people, it is really annoying that when you want to shut down your pc there may or may not be some update on the way. Same goes when turning the pc on, there might be some update on the way even though you may need to get something done and there's nothing you can do about it.

Also, the random spikes in cpu usage. Sometimes when I'm just doing something really lightweight on my laptop the fan suddenly becomes really loud and when I look at the task manager there is some botnet.exe or whatever using a really large chunk of cpu power. It is really annoying. Also the amount of bloatware is just unacceptable.

This operating system is just a huge steaming pile of pajeets poo, and it gets worse every update. If I didn't need one application that doesn't have a linux version to work reliably, I would definitely switch over.