IFags BTFO

>The absolute state of Apfel

The UK government has admitted its flagship app to allow EU citizens to apply for residency after Brexit will not work on Apple phones.

One of the flustered officials suggested that iPhone users should borrow an Android phone from a friend or family member to make the application.

The issue arises due to Apple's lockdown of its NFC chip, which is not accessible to third party apps. Thus the iPhone version of the app is unable to read data from the chip in biometric passports.

Attached: IMG_20180424_232031.jpg (1080x1219, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2017/08/12/airdropping-dick-pics-is-the-latest-horrifying-subway-trend/
developer.apple.com/documentation/corenfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>it's apple's fault
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cool a̶p̶p̶ program tho

>buy a phone with a NFC reader
>can't use it
sometimes i really don't get Apple, what's next only official apps can access the camera?

Why doesn't Apple just open up NFC on their devices?
What reason do they even have for locking it down?

Courage.

abuse
especially by governments

>after Brexit
So never?

You can eavesdrop on nfc connections from about 10m away

>Why doesn't Apple just open up NFC on their devices?
Take reason they have locked Bluetooth and removed 3.5mm.
To be decks about it.

And yet Apple Pay is still a thing.

Apple Pay and Google Pay both use far more than just the nfc standard

But that's pretty much beside the point.

I mean, for starters, Apple Pay works with Suica without any modification to the NFC readers, so it's clearly inter-operable with existing solutions and not just running its own show.

That bit of the transaction is generic nfc, sure. Same as a contactless credit card. But it's the stuff that goes on in software and then on Apple/Google's end to handle the randomized transaction number that makes it secure.

So if generic NFC is possible, why isn't it allowed?
Is it just to kill competition?

>locked Bluetooth
how so

You can't do simple things like generic file transfer.

Bluetooth data sharing is available to developers.

Good, the UK is filtering out all the brainlets.

O B S E S S E D

AirDrop exists between iOS devices, and is actually built for strong security unlike the standard Bluetooth profile.

>PenisDrop
lmao
nypost.com/2017/08/12/airdropping-dick-pics-is-the-latest-horrifying-subway-trend/

>The app, which was released for iPhones in 2013, uses “Contacts Only” as the default setting and doesn’t work with Androids or Windows phones. The victim must also be within Bluetooth range, which is approximately 328 feet.

>People often forget to switch the setting off from “Everyone,” or don’t realize they have turned it on.

>Carlson had her AirDrop switched to “Everyone” because she used it to send photos at work.

>“It never even crossed my mind that someone may use it to send stuff like that,” she admitted.

Clearly Apple is to blame.

Spotted the phoneposter.

Die Apfelcuchen hast zu poopin XD

They were supposed to open it to third-party apps, but I don't know if it actually happened.

iTODDLERS BTFO

And standard bluetooth file transfer always asks you to accept the transfer, AND you must have previously paired the devices.
Standard bluetooth: 1
Airdrop: You're using it wrong.

Mactoddlers eternally blown the fuck out.

probably to prevent apple pay competition

It's exactly this.
On Android some bank apps have their own NFC systems. On iOS it's Apple Pay or nothing.

>more niggers can’t get into UK
How is this a bad thing?

based Apple trying to help make a walled garden following Brexit.

this is part of their plan to import more niglets and mohammedans

They opened it up in iOS 11
developer.apple.com/documentation/corenfc

>One of the flustered officials suggested that iPhone users should borrow a real phone from a friend

Why do you need an App to apply for residency?
Why even a computer?

>you can read Near Field Communication (NFC) tags of types 1 through 5 that contain data in the NFC Data Exchange Format (NDEF).
I have no idea how much range that covers.

Give me one reason I would want residency in the UK lmao

It's by far the biggest shithole in Western Europe

t. posted from my iPhone

Mac hate thread?

>try to help macfag friend instal old win game
>figure out how to use wineskin
>ask friend where his C drive is
>grabs his crapbook air out of my hands, rapidly starts installing daemontools and other iso mount programs I dont need
>for some reason everything crashes
>blames me
>doesnt let me even look at it further
Haha never again

Attached: 695953CE-4165-4D1A-A8F2-F9AFF2B1DD7F.jpg (800x1126, 247K)

>wanting residency in the "United" "Kingdom"

Attached: 1509994789626.jpg (602x468, 21K)

ITODDLERS BTFO