Gender Neutral Connectors

Will there ever be a connector that doesn't have male and female versions and is actually appropriate for use in situations we use USB in right now?

Attached: 00dd952c-cbfe-4b81-b27d-391e0221a064.jpg (1024x1024, 138K)

HOLY SHIT KEEP YOUR GENDER POLITICS THE FUCK OUT

jesus christ

You must be joking about this, nice bait

The ports and connectors don't actually have genders, OP. It was just a convenient way to name plugs (the male part goes into the female part, sort of like men and women's reproductive organs)

>being this new.

Which means it demonstrates PIV rape

Unacceptable

fuck off cunt, I hope somone shoves their USB Type-C male connector furiously up your arse

Lol, you quoted a "pass user since 2012" as being new

It wold be easy actually, make connectors that have both hole and plug next to each other. You can then connect any two by turning on around. Instead of male on female you have futa on futa.

I always thought that male and female connectors were disgusting and prone to breaking.

Another reason to own a Mac :^)

Attached: maxresdefault_utbgyj.jpg (1200x675, 51K)

No, they're just named that so people can easily tell one another which part they are talking about. The connectors themselves have no gender, they could be called whatever you like but historically they've been called male and female for the reasons I listed above.

If easily offended people want to start calling them some retarded shit like squirrel and umbrella then that shouldn't be a problem us normal people would just think they're retarded.

this resembles a chode.

This isn't meant to be about human genders you retards. Call them plugs and sockets I don't give a fuck. What I'm asking is if there will ever be a connector where you can put the same version on a device as you do on something that would usually plug into the device.

But we need to have it reversible as well

So make like two holes and two pins in an X layout with pins and hole opposite of each other

what would be the advantage of this? So you could like plug two phones straight into each other without a cable or something?

Seems pointless

This is closer to what I mean, but they're still not identical.

This is a revolutionary contact-less connector that I call "USB Type-Incel".
After all, gender is irrelevant if you can't even touch each other!

I'd just like to interject--What you are calling a "genderless" connector actually does have both a male and a female connector.

Attached: transformer1[1].gif (381x349, 35K)

>male and female connectors were disgusting
>Another reason to own a Mac
>literally shows a male-female magsafe port

Attached: 1495498323883.gif (234x159, 315K)

There certainly ain't many

Attached: 36877-iso-block3.jpg (680x616, 21K)

That's more like a futa-futa connector.

Wireless charging is sexual frustration

Actually OP has a point. It would be a lot easier if a connector was engineered in such a way that it could just connect to any of the same type. Like a hermaphrodite cord. Maybe a flat cord that holds together and correctly orients itself via magnetic pull.

I had a situation the other day with an old cintiq I wanted to plug in to my computer where I needed a female to female DVI adapter to make it work, and it just got me thinking.

OP, no, there won’t be. Idiot-proofing, or wherever you want to call it, is a key element of design in connectors from piping to wiring to household cables. The male/female ends tell brainlets what plug goes where. I realize you can still plug the wrong usb cable in the wrong spot, but I’m telling you industrial design types swear by this type of shit.

its called Wire

no male, no female, no connector, just solder it or clip it or squish it in place

I can kinda see the appeal but I don't think there's a way to make a symmetrical conector like usb c.
The way I see it, it would be something like usb a but with the white/blue bit sticking outside so that it goes inside the open bit.

>magnets
Male and female by magic, without the physical aesthetics. Something like magsafe but flat connector ends + reversible.

Inline wire splices are homosexual.
Triggered

Attached: western-union-or-linemans-splice[1].jpg (514x580, 55K)

Based

Imagine if your dick could do that

Thats actually the reason USB B exists.

USB A is for host devices while USB B is for peripheral devices like printers (and smartphones)

Yours cant???

What's the qt trap of the connector world?

N-no?

you could make a flat faced connector with a design like this, with the orange rings being individual copper pad contacts, the green part being non-conductive pcb. a magnet in the middle securing the two sides together.

seems like conductive surface area would be low, and the connector would have to have a large diameter to support multiple channels

but both ends could look identical as long as you used the right magnets with both poles on each side.

whoops

Attached: concentric circles connector.png (621x591, 32K)

I hope you're aware that you can bend wires into shapes that are not circles

Attached: th4BBZKUV0.jpg (474x504, 29K)

That's all I ever wanted.

>6 years
>not a newfag

Attached: alek minassian.jpg (500x500, 23K)

I want to see my USB and my net port having a scissors scene in front of me

that is rather useful if you're using the cable to sustain weight

there's nothing wrong with lap splices, or mesh splices.

this is what taking gender studies seriously does to you...
what the fuck are you even asking? Like why isn't there a universal connector for everything? Like why your phone doesn't have a usb port?

snail dick can

That is clearly a male-female connection.

You absolute fucking autist.

Fucking this

There are those magnetic connector for phones.

for power connections anderson connectors work great. figure out how to apply this type of design to usb

Attached: anderson.jpg (818x575, 97K)

>Will there ever be a connector that doesn't have male and female versions and is actually appropriate for use in situations we use USB in right now?

I don't know. You tell me.

Attached: p3-refueling.jpg (1206x807, 516K)

Attached: Bluetooth-logo_3553860k_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8[1].jpg (480x300, 9K)

Most retarded post I've read all day, and I browse /v/

How would you imagine something like this would even work?

All I can think of is either two completely flat surfaces, which would not make a sturdy/reliable connection even with magnets. Or something asymmetrical along the axis perpendicular to the connector, which would not be reversible.

In short, it's a horrible idea so it probably won't happen. If anything there will just be more of a push for wireless.

this nigger has been a newfag for 15 years

Attached: _88634010_moot_getty.jpg (976x549, 49K)

What happens when you have open contact connectors, assuming they were well sealed to prevent ingress? Something that uses magnetic forces to hold and orient it. It'd have short protection, necessarily. Other than wearing out the contacts themselves with unintended abrasion I can't imagine anything catastrophic occurring.

No

FUCK ME DEAD. I am pretty sure I used one of those in the early 00's. What are these again ?

It exists. It is called third-world wiring.
(Pls, deliver me 'god tier/shit meme' pic with types of wiring. From me nothing, as usual.)

Attached: серд-верлд-виринг.jpg (640x480, 24K)

anyone pre 2007 is a newfag, newfriend

It is dicklet and not-deep pussy connector.

t. Soiboi

Attached: numale_brainlet.jpg (700x734, 107K)

The connection could be plenty reliable with alternating M/F inlets and a strong magnet, while still being easily disconnected in the case of accidental ripping, essentially a built-in breakaway.

Attached: 1508875592566.gif (300x236, 1.82M)

2012 is pretty new. also tripfags are automatically in the same tier as newfags and should be auto-filtered unless they redeem themselves, which they can't because they are auto-filtered.

Are you suggesting hermafrodite conectors?

Hello, there.

Attached: MagSafe1.jpg (2272x1704, 1.54M)

As I said, it is dicklet connection.

I can't tell if you're posting this ironically to make mac users look retarded or unironically think this isn't a male/female connector and are just a retarded mac user.

>Mozilla in charge of connectors

This is called frotting

Sorry, I am not into gay things.
It is called 'self-combustible twist connection'

> what is Bluetooth

>Sorry, I am not into gay things.

Attached: 0_v7gmjOTELi-Oysz4[1].png (475x300, 187K)

Reminds me of Dr. Strangelove.

Lol newfag ive been here since 2009

No one here has ever seen a female connector

Lel, I am now imagining some fuckstick attempting to print from a flash drive by plugging it into the cable port on the printer, if the ports weren't different

haha newfag i've been here since 2001
i can haz cheezburger amirite xdD

Attached: cool-kid-10482439.jpg (600x900, 99K)

Based adhesive tape aka homo-velcro

Attached: Type-400-2-IN-Dual-Lock-92010_f.png (800x800, 645K)

Hahah jokes on you that wasnt a meme in 2001, o rly owl was though

This look like some cyberpunk shit.

So the contacts have a piece of plastic configured for an interference fit, the contacts themselves reciprocate and are left open-faced for prevention of debris collection, and ease of debris removal. they're connectors are oriented magnetically. It's easier to remove and more reliable since the fit is an interference fit with magnetic assistance unlike microUSB while easier to debride than USB-C. Unlike both it has a built in breakaway to prevent damage to both cable and device, which could be further augmented by using a softer material on all cables as a standard.

Attached: reciprocating contacts.png (533x384, 39K)

Attached: download.jpg (235x215, 6K)

a

b

fuck

you're fucking gay my dude

Why did redditbook ruin captioned animals for me?

Attached: 1523813456909.png (1024x768, 1.25M)

they don't do humour very wel

Attached: 6333f34adfe8a9a1fec479b5de14bc7e.jpg (500x440, 39K)

dunno, I use them at work with plantronics headsets

Your sentence structuring is giving me a headache

underrated.

I guess you could make a connector like magsafe - but you'll still end up needing a north and a south pole.

B-b-but what if the female usb port doesn't want to have a usb device pluged into her?

Attached: 1f5f816b27259c0a91c3104277671e9c.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Attached: 1506638033438.gif (227x221, 980K)

Hermaphroditic connectors exist and are used in a fair number of industries.

They're plantronics headset connectors

If IBM had its way, we'd all be using this instead of the 8P8C Modular connector we're all familiar with

Attached: ibm tranny faggot connector.jpg (640x512, 101K)

you mean like a single connector that has both male and female parts?

Fuck me you are all retards if you don't understand what he is asking.

The linemans can hold just as well without solder or other mechanical aids, unlike most splices. Pull it and it's airtight too, unless your wire sucks.